Proposition: Move STORY HOUR to top level

WizarDru

Adventurer
Given it's popularity, what is the possibilty of moving the Story Hour link to the same level as General RPG Discussion and Rules Discussion? Putting it Under Bits and Pieces just seems like an extra level of abstraction which seems unneccessary for one of the most popular forums on ENWorld.

My .02, anywho.

:)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I've tried to add direct links in to the forum summary page itself, but it didn't work. We originally used sub-forums because the sheer vast volume of forums was very off-putting to people visiting the site for the first time.

When the direct link was available, it was no real problem; now, though, I certainly find it annoying. :)

How do other people feel?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I like it the way it is. Also, the same argument could be made for, say, IC or Fight Club. So let's let Story Hour stay where it is.

WizarDru

Adventurer
Well, I'll accept that, but I'd disagree that it's the same as IC or Fight Club. Fight Club is a small group of folks that generate a LARGE number of posts...while Story Hour is a small number of folks generating a large number of views. Piratecat's story hour alone has over 10,000 views! IC is much the same, I think, but honestly I haven't taken the time to really check it out.

It just seems to me that it's one of the most popular things on the boards, it should be easily accesible.

On a different note, should Rogue's Gallery be under Bits and Pieces or DM's Stuff? Makes me no never mind, but I always assumed it would be under the former, not the latter. But that's just me. :)

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Count me in favor of moving Story Hour to an equal footing with General Discussion and the Rules Forum, for all the reasons that others have mentioned.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
WizarDru said:
Well, I'll accept that, but I'd disagree that it's the same as IC or Fight Club. Fight Club is a small group of folks that generate a LARGE number of posts...while Story Hour is a small number of folks generating a large number of views. Piratecat's story hour alone has over 10,000 views! IC is much the same, I think, but honestly I haven't taken the time to really check it out.

It just seems to me that it's one of the most popular things on the boards, it should be easily accesible.

On a different note, should Rogue's Gallery be under Bits and Pieces or DM's Stuff? Makes me no never mind, but I always assumed it would be under the former, not the latter. But that's just me. :)
Ah, well - you're right after all, I guess. So count me in, then. :) And yeah, Rogue's Gallery should be in DM's Stuff, now that B'n'P is mostly IC/Story Hour stuff. Still, if we moved SH and RG out of there, we'd also need to rename B'n'P - which we wanted to do anyway. :p

Chacal

First Post
MythandLore said:
If Story Hour was to go it's own, I think House Rules should too.
Agreed !

Especially with the disapearance of
the Bottom Jump menu.

But I think each member has a sublist of forums he/she checks regularly and would like to see in the main list.

I'm afraid we just have to use bookmarks, folks !

Chacal

WizarDru

Adventurer
Chacal said:

But I think each member has a sublist of forums he/she checks regularly and would like to see in the main list.

I'm afraid we just have to use bookmarks, folks !

Chacal

I sincerely doubt that any thread in House Rules has every crossed 1000 views. There are at least seven in Story Hour that do so, and will continue to be popular. Add to this the fact that there are at least two dozen that have crossed the 300-500 view mark, and that there are an equal number of posts (2300-2500) for less than half as many threads.

It just seems that the Story Hour is more popular with more people than House Rules. Both are good forums, regardless....but I think the numbers show it's not Pork Barrel preference, it's really the highest volume for viewing.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I fully agree with Wizardru. Story Hour is one of the most popular forum, not in terms of posts, but in terms of views.

Please, move it to the main board.

Remove ads