[d20 Future] Another starship design question

sinmissing

First Post
Can anyone figure out this cryptic rule?

Page 119
"An ultralight starship has a maximum of one defensive system per 3 Hit Dice (see Starship Defense Systems, page 134)."

Page 134 makes no mention of Hit Dice or anything like hitdice in regards to ships.

sinmissing said:
Can anyone figure out this cryptic rule?

Page 119
"An ultralight starship has a maximum of one defensive system per 3 Hit Dice (see Starship Defense Systems, page 134)."

Page 134 makes no mention of Hit Dice or anything like hitdice in regards to ships.

Maybe not on that page, but I can tell you a fighter has 8 HD, an assault fighter has 9 HD, a dreadnought has a ridiculous number of Hit Dice...

Peterson

First Post
Well, I don't have the book on me, but what I remember is that weapons/items like Point Defense Cannons are Defense systems. Maybe they mean items like that?

You know, I'll take another look at the book once I get home (some 8 hours from now) and see what I can find.

Peterson

Peterson

First Post
Okay, I misunderstood the original question.

Ship hit dice are contained within the basic starship writeups. That rule merely meant to refer to page 134 for Defensive Systems, not to Hit Dice.

Hope that helps some,

Peterson

sinmissing

First Post
Peterson said:
Ship hit dice are contained within the basic starship writeups. That rule merely meant to refer to page 134 for Defensive Systems, not to Hit Dice.

Seems totally freaking obvious now!
When I was first browsing through the ships, I noticed that some of them had 16,000 HP. I thought to myself, they have to be kidding me! There is noway I'm going to roll 800d20 Hit Dice to find out how many hit points a freighter has.

Then the rest of my jaw dropped, when I saw that a Neutronium driver does 12d12 (78) damage.

Then I just stopped correlating my brain's content when I read that each full doubling of the number of fire-linked weapons increases the damage by one-half the base. So 4 linked Neutronium drivers would do 24d12 (156)

I just stopped reading the XdX, and started looking at (x) because I resolved to not roll so many dice when I unveiled d20 Future to my group. So when I went back to figure out how to make ships, I couldn't find that most obvious detail.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases