Ronin Arts -- Fourth Millennium Releases Today

JamesM

First Post
What would you like to know? I'd be glad to provide answers to questions both general and specific.

As an overview, though, let me say that Fourth Millennium is a "transhuman space opera" setting, which is to say, that it uses fairly hard science to tell an epic story: the struggle between humans who have chosen to give up their humanity to achieve "perfection" and those who have decided to remain "flawed." The line of PDFs will contain both setting-specific material as well as rules that will be usable in any D20 Future campaign, regardless of its setting. Among the first support products will be Parahumans, detailing several genetically modified human races, and Future Warrior, Vol. 1, which details powered armor. Subsequent releases will further flesh out the world of Fourth Millennium while providing new rules expansions for D20 Future.

What else would you like to know?

Kenson

First Post
James, congratulations on the release of Fourth Millennium! I know this one has been a long time in coming.

Really glad to see you devoting your talents to cool new products you're psyched about. I'm going to check out the first 4M PDF, and I'll be looking forward to more!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
JamesM said:
What else would you like to know?
A blurb about the setting, something you might find on the backside of a book.
- The key elements of the setting
- What parts of the setting the book covers
- What kind of new rules the book contains (how many pages would be nice)

$6.95 isn't a lot of money, but if it's not something i like, it's still money wasted (not that i expect that i don't like it). The product needs more text to sell itself...

JamesM

First Post
Kenson said:
James, congratulations on the release of Fourth Millennium! I know this one has been a long time in coming.

Really glad to see you devoting your talents to cool new products you're psyched about. I'm going to check out the first 4M PDF, and I'll be looking forward to more!

Thanks, Steve. That's very kind, especially coming from someone whose talents I admire (and envy a little too). You can expect more or less weekly additions to the Fourth Millennium line, varying in size and subject matter. By year's end, that'll be quite a lot of material and we hope it'll be of interest to D20 Future GMs regardless of whether they use our explicit setting or not.

JamesM

First Post
Cergorach said:
A blurb about the setting, something you might find on the backside of a book.
- The key elements of the setting

Take a look here for an overview of the setting.

- What parts of the setting the book covers
- What kind of new rules the book contains (how many pages would be nice)

Here is the table of contents (with page numbers):

WELCOME TO THE END OF HISTORY….............4
THE LASTMILLENNIUM......................................................4
ABOUT FOURTHMILLENNIUM PRODUCTS.........................5
CHARACTERS.................................................................6
OCCUPATIONS........................................................................6
Activist ..................................................................................6
Crafter ...................................................................................6
Educator ................................................................................6
Newslogger...........................................................................7
Tribal .....................................................................................7
ADVANCED CLASSES.............................................................7
Procuracy Field Agent .........................................................7
NEW FEATS.......................................................................9
Antithesis ..............................................................................9
Armor Proficiency (Reflex).................................................9
Conviction.............................................................................9
Enemy ...................................................................................9
Reputation for Loyalty.........................................................9
TECHNOLOGYAND EQUIPMENT ........................10
PROGRESS LEVELS IN FOURTHMILLENNIUM .................10
PL 7: The Genetic Age ......................................................10
PL 8: The Nanotech Age ...................................................11
PL 9 and beyond: Emergence ...........................................11
General Guidelines.............................................................11
THE STASIS .........................................................................12
Enforcing the Stasis ...........................................................12
Technological Restrictions ................................................12
GENERAL TECHNOLOGIES.................................................13
Weapons..............................................................................13
Armor..................................................................................14
Gear.....................................................................................14
Experts and Robots ............................................................15
Nanotechnology .................................................................16
Communications ................................................................17
Medicine .............................................................................18
SPACE TRAVEL....................................................................18
Node Transfer.....................................................................19
Spacecraft............................................................................20
THE COSMOS IN 3001.................................................22
THE SHARDS.......................................................................22
Mordovi ..............................................................................22
Horthval ..............................................................................23
Other Shards.......................................................................24
THE SVOBODAN LEAGUE...................................................25
Svobodan Culture...............................................................25
Government of the Svobodan League..............................26
CULTURES OF THE SVOBODAN LEAGUE ...........................26
Citizenship and Culture .....................................................26
Muutzha..............................................................................26
Alahdad...............................................................................27
Donegal...............................................................................27
Anzani.................................................................................28
Sarvadharmaani..................................................................28
Yuan ....................................................................................29
Associate Phyles.................................................................29
Uncultured Worlds .............................................................30
THE SYNDICATES................................................................30
Major Syndicate Cultures..................................................30
THE “REBEL STATES”........................................................31
THE PSAIKHAILOU .............................................................31
RELIGION ............................................................................32
Orthodox Catholic Church ................................................32
Ma’rifa ................................................................................32
Hinduism.............................................................................33
Other Faiths ........................................................................33
ECONOMICS ........................................................................33
Consortia.............................................................................34
ORGANIZATIONS.........................................................35
Department of Special Investigations (DSI) ....................35
Security and Intelligence Service (SIS)............................35
Terrorists, Revolutionaries, and Separatists .....................36
Merchant Lines...................................................................38
GAME MASTERING FOURTH MILLENNIUM....40
WHAT’S ITALLABOUT?...................................................40
FOURTHMILLENNIUM CAMPAIGNS AND ADVENTURES...31
Colonists .............................................................................41
Crime and Punishment ......................................................41
Espionage and Intrigue ......................................................41
Exploration .........................................................................41
Rebels..................................................................................41
Religion and Philosophy....................................................42
Trade and Commerce.........................................................42
Warfare................................................................................42
CONCLUSION.......................................................................42
GLOSSARY......................................................................43
OPEN GAME LICENSE...............................................45

More questions? :)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Very nice PDF, Mr Reed.

And a tip of the hat to Mr Maliszewski and Kevin Brennan. Good stuff.

BTW, James, no less than four people asked *me* if you were at GenCon this year - I had to talk them down and explain that we've only worked tangentially together in the past, ONCE, and that I had -no clue- if a super-star like yourself was at the Con.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases