Dragon survey and Dungeon survey

ThaDium

First Post
I'd love to participate, but...

I've cancelled my sub. I was getting Dragon. It filled all my needs. Then the conversion happened.

I'm a DM. So, I should be getting Dungeon now, I suppose. But I find I tend to need player stuff too. I don't have the cash to get both, (Stupid low teacher salaries.) so I cancelled. Or, more accurately, didn't re-up.

I'm just saying this as feed back, no attack or flame meant. I liked the magazine and may come back when I've got more cash.

Thanks for listening.

TahDium.

I've collected both mags on and off since I was a teenager.

And for the first time in--well, ever--I can honestly say that Dungeon is proving far more useful to me than Dragon. The combination of adventures and DM-oriented articles is just inspiring me a lot more than what I'm seeing in Dragon these days.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dragon. I'm subscribed to both. But if you can only get one, and DM-related stuff is even somewhat useful to you, I'd have to say go for Dungeon.

EricNoah

Adventurer
^^^ I'm with Ari. I let my Dragon sub lapse as I don't need a lot of new crunchy player bits, but I do so like seeing the bits put together into adventures. And I like maps. So it all works out.

Don't have any strong feelings about Downer (don't dislike it, but didn't get in on the ground floor so have no idea what is going on). Even if I hated it I can't begrudge anyone 2-4 measly pages.

No strong feeling about the Wheaton column -- someone might find it entertaining and again 1 page isn't much.

Dark Psion

First Post
I am going to let my Dungeon sub go.

I have been considering if I would renew it, but when I did the survey, it asked my opinon on recent adventures and the Eberron adventures were the only ones I recognized. I had to get out the issues to remind myself what the others were.

On the other hand when it asked my Favorite Dungeon adventure; Beyond the Glittering Veil, Ex Libris, A Rose for Talakara, The Wooden Mouse, Chadranther's Bane, Mud Sorcerer's Tomb, Bane of the Shadowborn, Elminster's Back Door, Old Man Katan and the Mushroom Band....All of these instantly come to mind.

Wombat

First Post
I never subscribed to Dungeon (with or without the "The"); I took out a subscription to Dragon when 3.0 came out -- when it lapsed earlier this year, I was glad to see it go. I almost never read anything in it.

I had the first two dozen issues of The Dragon (as well as all The Strategic Review), but it's been a long time since any of these magazines provided me with anything I hadn't already come up with on my own. I suppose they are great magazines for the time-pressed, the newbies, and those who want to play strictly by the standard rules, but for me and mine, the magazines have been pretty much useless.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases