[OT] Do you subscribe to any conspiracy theories?

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Government, Aliens, Hitler's and/ or Disney's head, the Illuminati, corporations? Anyone like to entertain any of the large number of conspiracy theories perhaps a little more than others? I'd like to read about it. You always hear that there are people who believe in something beyond what we're told... I'd like to know if there are any of them among us.

I personally believe that there's a great deal out there that the U.S. government has not only kept from us, but lied to us about. Not that it bothers me... If Uncle Sam has a spaceship in some hangar somewhere but tells me there's nothing out there, I'm assuming it's for some reason worth shrugging and forgetting over. Meh. I don't need to know the real reasons behind our war with country X, because, hell, I'M not fighting.

Warning: Admitting to any beliefs here will prompt a CIA raid of your house, seizure of your assets, and threatening of your loved ones. You are being watched.

King_Stannis

Explorer
good thread!

actually, i don't really entertain conspiracy theories too much. the only one that i might be willing to listen to is the death of JFK. i'll at least entertain the idea that there was a conspiracy - perhaps not the fanciful ones bandied about - but maybe a much smaller one.

as far as aliens and ufo's, go, i don't really believe those at all. not once i started to understand the vast distances in space travel.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm a believer that there probably aren't too many vast human conspiracies because people just can't keep their mouths shut. :)

A kid at my school believes the moon landing was a hoax, so much so that it's the focus of his science fair project.

Vuron

First Post
I don't think there is a conspiracy of moderators and old-timers to this board that gathers in a secret location and makes fun of the majority of the posters on the board. No, I certainly don't. No, no, no. *shakes head* No.

Last edited by a moderator:

333 Dave

First Post
Aliens sure. In the infinite vastness of the universe there has to be other life. UFOs however, are out of the picture. If they've the technology to travel such a distence and they don't want to be seen, then they won't be seen.

I think there is a conspiracy of moderators and old-timers to this board and that they gather in a secret location and make fun of the majority of the posters on the board.

I think you're right! Thus the moderators only forum.

i Kinda go for the alians thing, oh yeah and they put "Floride" in the water as a chemical way to keep the countries populus calm and easaly controled.

PenguinKing

First Post
The only conspiracy theory I'm currently willing to consider as anything but is the whole Robert Kennedy assassination thing - and that's only because it's blindingly obvious something's up. I mean, honestly - convict the guy standing in front of the victim for murder, then release a coroner's report indicating that the entry point of the bullet that killed him was in his back? Sloppy. ;)

- Sir Bob.

Last edited:

bwgwl

First Post
i was going to subscribe to the bavarian illuminati, but that $44.95 for a 2 year subscription is beyond my budget at the moment. :p

actually, i have a hard time believing in most conspiracy theories, but i find them fascinating all the same.

one of the signature aspects of human intelligence is our ability to recognize patterns. science and math are both based on the ability to see patterns in numbers or the natural world around us, and come to conclusions based on that information.

we are so good at seeing patterns, that we often anticipate patterns, perhaps even when there's nothing really there. that's how i think most conspiracy theories get started. we encounter a bunch of unrelated facts, and unconsciously "see" a pattern behind it all when there may not really be anything going on at all.

this isn't meant to knock anyone's beliefs. i'm sure that there are some conspiracy theories that are indeed true, and most must have at least a grain of truth to them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases