Stupid Characters, are fun...

aceofgames

First Post
I once had a Rage Mage character, named Kronos... But I managed to never hear anyone mention his name. He had a poor intelligence, and a poor wisdom, but he was fairly handsome.
Anyhow, he was one of the best characters I ever played. Why? Because he was stupid. Period. Playing the ignorant guy, who is like a dog- a dog that happens to be willingly to help anybody. It is a challenge, and is really rewarding. Being the dumb guy, in my opinion leads to the least misuse of metagaming, only if the player is role playing.
Anyway, who else out there has a favorite dumb guy, you know, the reliable kind of guy who despite his stupidity, really has a decent soul (or foul one meant for hell. Everybody's got their own flavor of dumb). :cool:

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Firo Pyro

Yes, my character's name was Firo Pyro. He was a firenewt. He had an intelligence of 4 and a charisma of 4. Every single female person we came across, I always asked 'What does she look like?' because my firenewt was constantly hitting on chicks, which really annoyed the Paladin in the group, though only because she was an attractive female who was targeted by the most stupid come-on lines. One funny time:
DM: 'Okay, you see a hag'
Me: 'What does she look like?'
DM: 'Seriously? She's a hag. She's ugly.'
Me: 'Ugly how?'
DM: 'She's a hag. She's like an old, whithered, ugly woman.'
Me: 'Darn.'
Or something like that. Anyway, it was fun. (Coincidentally, the quote in my signature was with that character and almost an exact quote).

Originally posted by aceofgames
Playing the ignorant guy

Ignorant is different than being stupid. Also, playing a stupid character, I've noticed, isn't fun unless there is something else to it. Like Firo was stupid and was always interested in women (never female newts though).

Talon5

First Post
Little change of system- thou works within your line of questioning-

Champions character named Asphalt (originally Granite).

Anyway he acted dumbed, people thought he was an idiot- he wasn't.

"Asphalt!"

"Who's fault?"

"You're Asphalt-"

"I didn't do it- you can't blame me!"

Of course he also had a sense of logic about him. Bad guys driving away in a van, he looks about, spots an old beat up car and a 924- he grabs the front wheel off the 924 and throws it at the van causing it to wreck. Later he would catch the bad guys up, but the owner of the 924 was pissed-

"You damaged my car-"

"You have insurrance?"

"Ya."

"You have a nice job?"

"Ya."

"Better you then that poor guys car then- right?"

I laugh a lot while playing him. :D

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Pierre of Scoros. Was the eldest son and heir to the throne of a mighty City - sent off by dear old dad to another plane to get rid of him....
6th Sorcerer int 7, wis 7, chr 17 He would fasten on an idea and use it over and over again regardless of how well it had worked previously. He would constantly summon mounts - as cover, to find traps, to bait sharks. Since we were using the option to summon the same creatures, there were 3 horses that knew him, one would always panic as soon as it appeared, one would try and attack Pierre and the last was resigned to a quick painful death. He would also loose focus quickly- yelling to the scouting thief to see if he had found anything yet, or trying to play fetch with the druids wolf (this never worked) Eventually he was eaten by ratmen.

Remove ads