Anyone have an excel spreadsheet character sheet that takes the rules into account?

Dracuwulf

First Post
Anyone have an excel character sheet that adjusts stats as you select abilities, etc...? I've seen one but I can't find one at the moment...

Vrecknidj

Explorer
The HeroForge characters end up taking up a huge amount of disk space (no big deal if you have a 100-gig hard drive, or whatever folks have these days). But, since it's an Excel file, if you're any good at Excel, you can tweak the thing to be campaign specific.

I use it all the time.

Dave

fujaiwei

First Post
Vrecknidj said:
The HeroForge characters end up taking up a huge amount of disk space (no big deal if you have a 100-gig hard drive, or whatever folks have these days). But, since it's an Excel file, if you're any good at Excel, you can tweak the thing to be campaign specific.

I use it all the time.

Dave

Do you know how to tweak the HPs? I couldn't find how to enter my actual rolled HPs.

Thanks, btw. It's a great setup.

atra2

Explorer
HeroForge characters should be 232k each, not 10MB.

Vrecknidj said:

I use it all the time.

Dave
Hey, you apparently don't understand how the Import/Export feature works
in HeroForge. Allow me to reduce your 10MB per character down to 200k.

On the Races & Stats tab, load up your fave char and hit the Export
button, then choose the filename to save as, done.

Now, close HeroForge, and open it again, and click Import (also on the
Races & Stats tab) and voila! Your character is back.

Basically, since the House Rules section is saved with EACH CHARACTER,
this lets you use one HeroForge 10MB file as the basis for all of your
Core & Handbook Greyhawk and Forgotten Realms characters, then if you
have serious hacks due to house rules, it's 10MB per additional campaign,
since you suddenly need a separate version of HeroForge.

Hope this helps. Really, only ~232k or so per character when you use the
Export and Import.

You might go back to the original web page and read the blog/FAQ to learn
more.

You can also email the author.

I am ashamed to admit I was spending 5MB a character in the old days
until the author told me in email to use import/export, so I know how you
feel.

sierzadon

First Post
heroforge hp's

fujaiwei said:
Do you know how to tweak the HPs? I couldn't find how to enter my actual rolled HPs.

Thanks, btw. It's a great setup.

Go to the classes sheet. At the top-middle you have a hidden comment, but if if you don't find it : enter your HP rolled per level in the green boxes, one per level.

Greylock

First Post
Download it and try it. I'd never heard of it before today, but I gave it a shot. It's a decent enough sheet. I'm gonna stick with BlackBart's sheet though. I simply like the layout and look better (PHB Classic).

To anyone writing up Excel sheets out there, skills really DO belong on the front page.

Remove ads