Don't laugh..... it's here.

Riddle me this

Nameroc sits isolated and fuming while the rest of the party sleeps. He had spent the early part of rest period, confirming that while the structure still has walls, they been changed somehow. They don't feel like stone, move like the unblemished surface one would find akin to a wall of force.

He did learn that the basin, pump, and demonic dispenser where still attached to the far wall. Nameroc wondered if Paquito intended to use this device to escape. He studied it for hours and through smell and taste, confirmed that the demonic face does indeed dispense a blood of some type. The dried remnants of it's last usage still clung to the face's teeth.

Nameroc's mind played out what it thought the "savior's" plan would surely be. He seethed at the notion that the minotaur was the only one who could possibly save them. Nameroc took that as an insinuation that he was worthless, even worse that both elves in the party were worthless.

Benat was right, Paquito was nothing more than a glorified BS'er, and now he was playing around with people's lives. Well, Nameroc wasn't going to stand for it, he intended to save this party and disgrace the minotaur at the same time.

Nameroc grabbed the pump and raised it up, the sound of rusting metal scrapping together echoed. The asleep members stirred in their sleep, but did not wake. Nameroc forced the metal handle down, and a low gurgling noise emanated from beneath him. A couple more pumps and the gurgling had become like a torrent of water rushing through the floor.

The rest of the party woke with a start, as the sound crescendoed.

"No! Stop!" Paquito's shout of protest was drowned away by the din.

Nameroc pumped harder, as Paquito leaped to his feet and raced to Nameroc. Nameorc forced the handle down another time and the sound ceased as a heavy iron smell erupted from the demonic face, followed closely by a thick liquid that glowing black that oozes from the face's mouth.

Paquito reaches Nameroc as the liquid spills into the basin below. Nameorc sees now that instead of a glowing black liquid, it's more like the liquid is absorbing light.

"Ha! You're not the only one who can save the party." Nameroc gloats

"I don't know what you just did, all I intended on doing was having you cast your soften earth spell and have the giants dig us out. I closed the door so we could get some rest. No?" Paquito answers

The blood drains from Nameroc's face as panic sets in, trapped in cell with no walls with three idiots and an old elf with no backbone, Nameroc breaks down and slumps to the floor.

"Hey! The wall is gone." Finrod shouts followed by him dropping to the floor beneath him and issuing another statement. "And so is the floor below the wall."

"Hole in floor here too." Gronar states, "With stairs."

It does not take much prodding to get the party down the steps, where the stairs open onto a landing with four corridors branching out to the north,east,west and south.

The party searches the four corridors and finds each one ends in a door, upon which a different riddle is written:

A moth ate a word. To me it seemed, A marvelous thing when I learned the wonder
That a worm had swallowed, in darkness stolen, The song of man, his glorious sayings,
A great man's strength; and the thieving guest, Was no whit the wiser for the words it ate.
(north door)

My house is not quiet, I am not loud; But for us God fashioned our fate together.
I am the swifter, at times the stronger, My house more enduring, longer to last.
A times I rest; my dwelling still runs; Within it I lodge as long as I live.
Should we two be severed, my death is sure.
(west door)

I am valued by men, fetched from afar, Gleaned on the hill-slopes, gathered in groves,
In dale and on down. All day through the air, Wings bore me aloft, and brought me with cunning
Safe under roof. Men steeped me in vats. Now I have power to pummel and bind,
To cast to the earth, old man and young. Soon he shall find who reaches to seize me,
Pits force against force, that he's flat on the ground, Stripped of his strength if he cease not his folly,
Loud in his speech, but of power despoiled To manage his mind, his hands or his feet.
Now ask me my name, who can bind men on earth, And lay fools low in the light of day.
(east door)

Time was when I was weapon and warrior; Now the young hero hoods me with gold,
and twisted silver. At times men kiss me. At times I speak and summon to battle
Loyal companions. At times a courser, Bears me o'er marchland. At times a ship
Bears me o'er the billows, brightly adorned. At times a fair maiden fills me with breath;
At times hard and headless I lie on the board, Bereft of beauty. At times I hang
Winsome on wall, richly embellished, Where revelers drink. At times a warrior
Bears me on a horse, a battle adornment, And I swallow, bright-shining, the breath from his bosom.
At times with my strains I summon the heroes, Proudly to wine. At times I win back
Spoil from the spoiler, with sounding voice, Put foemen to flight. Now I ask what I'm called.
(south door)

Jon Potter

First Post
Wow, HM. Those are some tough riddles. I think that I only know the answer to the second and fourth.

Makes me think I'm being too easy on my players.

Jon Potter said:
Wow, HM. Those are some tough riddles. I think that I only know the answer to the second and fourth.

Makes me think I'm being too easy on my players.

:)

The party got #4 first then #3, then #2, then lastly #1.

#1 took almost an hour, and I gave them a hint. All of the answers could be found in a medieval type setting, in fact #3 and #4 almost require you to put yourself in that setting to get the answers.

But, credit to them, as they got all the answers. I'll post the answers tomorrow. :)

The wishing doors

The party turns right and heads to the first door.

Time was when I was weapon and warrior; Now the young hero hoods me with gold,
and twisted silver. At times men kiss me. At times I speak and summon to battle
Loyal companions. At times a courser, Bears me o'er marchland. At times a ship
Bears me o'er the billows, brightly adorned. At times a fair maiden fills me with breath;
At times hard and headless I lie on the board, Bereft of beauty. At times I hang
Winsome on wall, richly embellished, Where revelers drink. At times a warrior
Bears me on a horse, a battle adornment, And I swallow, bright-shining, the breath from his bosom.
At times with my strains I summon the heroes, Proudly to wine. At times I win back
Spoil from the spoiler, with sounding voice, Put foemen to flight. Now I ask what I'm called.

"Easy." Finrod announces, "A horn," and with that, the door melts away into nothingness and is replaced with a horn from some animal. Hollowed out and with a golden blowtip, it rests on the floor next to an empty wall.

"Pick it up, we might need it later." Nameroc suggests to Finrod.

The party then backs down the short hallway and makes another right turn.

I am valued by men, fetched from afar, Gleaned on the hill-slopes, gathered in groves,
In dale and on down. All day through the air, Wings bore me aloft, and brought me with cunning
Safe under roof. Men steeped me in vats. Now I have power to pummel and bind,
To cast to the earth, old man and young. Soon he shall find who reaches to seize me,
Pits force against force, that he's flat on the ground, Stripped of his strength if he cease not his folly,
Loud in his speech, but of power despoiled To manage his mind, his hands or his feet.
Now ask me my name, who can bind men on earth, And lay fools low in the light of day.

"I've got no clue, I don't know what this could mean." Nameroc states.

"Maybe you should let the more intelligent people get a look at it. No?" Paquito suggests

"Maybe you should stop yapping. If pops there got the first one, these can't be that hard." Nameroc spits

Finrod shifts closer to Paquito and in the giant tongue asks Paquito. "I think he's lost it, maybe Nameroc is a little claustrophobic?"

"I don't think so, why bother to come down here then? He could've stayed upstairs. No?" Paquito answers

Nameroc while not being able to understand what the two were talking about, but hearing his name clearly, turned towards the speculative duo. "I'm doing the best I can, how about we just let the idiot twins make a guess huh?!?" Nameroc shouts pointing at the hill giants.

Korg sees the elf point at him and shout, but wasn't paying attention to the words coming out of the elf's mouth. "Korg thirsty, Elfy go get Korg drink."

"Gronar remember good mead elfys had at big room back at treeland. Maybe elfy has more honey-mead with him." Gronar inquires

"No, you fools! I..." Nameroc's tirade is cut short as the door wisps away leaving a large mug filled with honey-mead on the ground.

"Hah! Gronar see you try to hide drink." The hill giant pushes Nameroc away as he reaches for the large tankard. Extra-large for an elf but medium for a giant or a dwarf.

"How? But.. ?" Nameroc pleads to Finrod and Paquito for the words to continue, but only gets a shrug in response.

"Hey, Korg figure out how doors work. Doors are wishy doors. Elfy say 'horn' and gets horn, Gronar says 'honey-mead' and gets drink. Korg going to ask next door for lunch." The hill giant says with a huge grin.

"That's not how it works, I don't know how stinky there got the answer, but I'm getting the next one." Nameroc seethes with paranoia that the rest of the party is losing faith in his abilities.

Heading towards the next door, Gronar finishes the tankard and belches his approval of the drink. Nameroc stops in his tracks.

"What if we needed the mead! You just drank away our only way out of here! What's wrong with you!?!?" Nameroc vents

"If elfy need drink so badly, then maybe elfy should order drink at next wishy door." Gronar states

"They're not wishing doors! Aaarggh!" Nameroc screams and bolts to the next riddle.
My house is not quiet, I am not loud; But for us God fashioned our fate together.
I am the swifter, at times the stronger, My house more enduring, longer to last.
A times I rest; my dwelling still runs; Within it I lodge as long as I live.
Should we two be severed, my death is sure.

The party listens silently as Nameroc says the riddle over and over again out loud.

"This getting us no where, Korg want lunch. Order food elfy, stop talking." Korg instructs the elf

"Mmm... a good rack of lamb sounds good right now. No?" Paquito replies

"I thought you were going to say a good side of beef is what you needed." Finrod says chuckling

Paquito stares at him for a few minutes before answering. "You're just sick, you know that?"

"What wrong with steaks? Gronar likes cows, good eating." The hill giant interjects

"I swear now to make it my lifelong mission to turn you vegetarian. No?" Paquito tells Gronar

"This taking to long!" Korg shouts "Maybe elfy needs a nurturing smite?"

"River." Nameroc states and cowers, expecting a torrent of water that doesn't come.

"No food!" Korg berates the elf. "If elfy wanted river food, elfy should have said fish."

With that the door disappears and a wooden barrel of fish replaces the door.

"Yay! Korg gets more wishys from door." The elated hill giant claps

Korg snatches the wooden barrel off the ground, and pours the contents down his gullet. The sounds of slurping water and crunching bones echoes through the area.

Nameroc crumples to the floor in defeat, and begins weeping.

"Sorry, Korg not know elfy wanted fish." Korg says

"Gronar going to next door and wish for big sword!" The giant's eyes light up and he races to the next riddle.

"Think he'll be ok?" Finrod asks Paquito referring to Nameroc

"I care not." Paquito answers and follows Gronar to the next door.

Last edited:

This isn't any better

"Giant sword?" Gronar says to the last door.

"Magic sword?" Gronar continues, "Magic giant sword? Big sword? Magic big sword?"

"Magic spear" Korg yells from the back of the party

"Gronar think this door is broke." Gronar announces

"I think you're broke." Nameroc says

"Hmm, nope Gronar not broke. Door broke." Gronar replies as he beats his fists on the door.

"Maybe the answer isn't a sword?" Finrod interjects

"Big axe?" Gronar says to the door as his pauses his fists.

"Magic axe?" Korg shouts

"I think the answer is a book." Nameroc says

"Ha! That funny. What elfy going to kill with book?" Gronar answers laughing.

"Bookworm?" Nameroc ignores the giant and focuses on the door.

"Bookworm? That even worse than book, Elfy is crazy." Gronar replies

"Maybe answer is dead Elfy?" Korg shouts, which quickly snuffs out all noise in the corridor.

The elves shift nervously as Korg stares intently at the door hoping to see a dead elf. After nothing happens, Korg returns the elves' stares.

"Dead Elfy just as good as book with worm in it?" Korg says

"What is your obsession with dead things? And why can't you contribute something constructive to getting us out of here!" Nameroc shouts

"Korg not know about that, Korg think Elfy not get enough nurture this morning." The hill giant answers

"Just shut up! You're not helping!" Nameroc responds

"At least Korg trying to get something good from wishing door, Elfy trying to get dumb things from door." Korg retorts

"It's not a wishing door! It's a riddle!" Nameroc exasperates

"Take it easy Nameroc, you're not going to get anywhere like that." Finrod says

"Like what?! At least I'm trying. What are you doing pops?" Nameroc blasts into Finrod

"Name calling isn't going to get the door open." Finrod replies

"Elfy should be quiet, Gronar once saw elfy's head blowed off when Gronar used to be a little Gronar." The hill giant offers

*snicker* Paquito giggled

"Weeelllll, I'm so glad the walking BS trough has decided to join in the conversation. I thought it smelled too nice in here." Nameroc tells Paquito

"This reminds me of my journey to the Islands of the Turtles. We had been sailing for seven weeks straight when suddenly land crept over the horizon. The crew shouted with glee as they leapt overboard and began swimming to the islands. However halfway there, the couple dozen or so who had jumped, were swallowed by a gigantic sea serpent. The rest of us who stayed on board, sailed the ship to the beach before we left the boat." Paquito laments

"Did that have a point?" Nameroc asks

"Gronar like Pokey's stories, Elfy needs to be quiet, shh." Gronar commands Nameroc

"So what happened to the sea serpent?" Finrod asks, indulging Paquito

"Beats me, I have no knowledge of what transpired in the sea after I disembarked from our vessel. No? I just like that story, I use it to remind me when it's best not to do anything at all. No?" Paquito relates

"Hey look. Korg sees light." Korg shouts

"The torch in your head went out after you were a baby." Nameroc replies

"No, look!" Korg shouts pointing at the door.

Turning Nameroc sees that the door has disappeared, and in it's place stood a dirt path with hills in the distance, and clouds overhead.

"Out of my way!" Nameroc yells as he pushes his way past Gronar and out of the corridor.

Nameroc's joy is quickly frozen away as the chilled air wraps itself around the elf like a blanket. The elf turns and through shivering hands, motions for the party to follow him.

"Looks cold out there." Finrod offers

"Yeah, I'm not going out there. Maybe we should go back up and see if the crack has opened. No?" Paquito asks

"Gronar want to watch Elfy get mad again." The hill giant says with a smile

"Korg will smite cold and nurture madness." Korg announces

"I'll take two tickets to that show. No?" Paquito announces amid quizzical stares from the giants

"It's getting weird in here, I'm going." Finrod says and joins his fridged friend.

Finrod soon learns he was better off staying out, the air is freezing and the wind is biting. Looking back at the "doorway" Finrod sees that the door opened a gate and that the portal is only two-dimensions with no depth to it. The giants look like painted figures on a canvas that's floating just above the dirt road.

"How long we watch elfy's turn blue?" Gronar asks

"As long as we want, I've got a spell that'll heat them back up." Paquito tells Gronar

"Pokey need to save spell for flashy display of greatness when Pokey aim is bad." Korg says

Annoyed, Paquito steps past the giants and onto the cold path.

"Aaayyeee, you could've have warned me." Paquito says through chattering teeth.

Not wishing to wait for the hill giants, the elves and Paquito realize that they're no where near where they were when they entered the dome. They decide that south would be the best bet as hopefully it would warm up a little.

Walking away from the portal, the group hears the lumbering footsteps of the giants behind them as they race to catch up.

"Wait! Gronar knows way to go. Gronar take elfys to cave." Gronar announces as he reaches the group

"Uh no, I'm not staying in another cave with you, the last time we got sealed within it remember?" Nameroc replies

"Gronar remember elfy whining in the dark, but that what elfys do, so it all the same to Gronar." The hill giant answers

Tired from arguing, Nameroc shuts his mouth and trudges on. After a mile the sky darkens a bit, and sleet begins to fall from the clouds. Deciding they need some kind of shelter now, the party begins to jog down the road. A half mile up, they spot a huge but crude lean-to up the road.

"There! Head for that." Paquito shouts, as the frozen precipitation picks up in intensity on the party.

Curses, foiled again

The group hastily arrives at the weathered lean-to, the elves get an immediate unsettling feeling in their gut, while the giants feel as though this was meant to be used by giants.

The huge structure is almost fifty feet long and over twenty feet high. Supported by three pillars, one at each end and one in the middle, with dirty beaten pelts covering the sloping side which faces the road.

Finrod examines the pillars and discovers the origin of his anxiety.

"These are all elven skulls." Finrod points out

"Really? Gronar liking this place better now, good job Pokey." Gronar relates

"I did not know of this place's existence prior to me spotting it from afar, perhaps the lost souls of these trophies have led us here. No?" Paquito answers

Paquito's comment sets off Nameroc. He whacks his staff against the back of Paquito, then turns and aims to take down the middle pillar.

But, as Nameroc is swinging for his goal, Korg interposes his hand and stops Nameroc before his staff reaches the pillar. Feeling betrayed, Nameroc rewinds his staff and takes aim at Korg.

"No hit skulls, bad mojo." Korg says

Nameroc stops his staff in mid swing and loses his balance, before Korg helps him right himself.

"Bad what? Mojo? You don't even know what you're talking about." Nameroc says

"Korg know this place not used to show off pretty dead things, this place where giant shaman work." Korg answers

The group ponders Korg's words and then concede that the hill giant is probably right. Korg nods in agreement as Gronar showers Korg with praise for having the intelligence to realize what the lean-to actually is.

Without the sun to gauge time, darkness falls quickly as the cloudy sky turns from dark gray to black in minutes. Without any other viable option, the party decides that they will wait out the night under the lean-to. Korg gives specific instructions that nothing is to be disturbed as the shaman is likely to have precautions in place, maybe even traps.

Luckily the lean-to blocks all of the wind and most of the sleet. Paquito works through some questions in his head, such as: Why face the lean-to so that it's impossible to see who or what is coming up or down the road.? If this place holds that much reverence from a stranger hill giant, why keep it unguarded? I wonder how long before Nameroc starts touching things?

Paquito didn't have to wait long at all. After taking the second watch shift from Gronar, Nameroc waited until the loud snoring of the giants would drown out any small amount of noise he would be likely to make. Nameroc then set about studying how the skulls were tied to the pillar and what would be the quickest quietest way to release them.

Nameroc concludes that each one is tied individually into the pillar through holes cut into the pillar itself. He takes out a small knife and slowly begins to cut through the rope binding the lowest skull. It takes the elf around five minutes to give freedom to the first skull, Nameroc leaves the skull laying on the ground it was resting on, and goes to work on the next skull.

Paquito watches the elf with his darkvision, from the south end of the lean-to. "Stupid elf" he mutters as Nameroc finishes his fourth skull, and then drops the skull and stares stunned at the pillar. Paquito jumps to his hooves preparing for something bad.

Nameroc stares in horror as the released fourth skull has revealed that the skulls aren't attached to pillars at all, but to totems. Moving the skulls around, Nameroc makes out carved details depicting large bands of trolls driving a horde of fleeing, dying elves ahead of it. Disgusted at the sight, Nameroc takes his knife in hand and carves the holy symbol of his deity into the pillar.

"Nameroc hearts Benat?" Paquito says from behind Nameroc

"Back off, you couldn't possibly understand." Nameroc hisses

Paquito steps closer and after studying the pillar, now totem, stoops down to Nameroc

"Yep you're right, I couldn't possibly understand what losing ninety-nine percent of your tribe would feel like, I wouldn't possibly know what it means to have the heads of your friends displayed on a hunters wall feels like, nor would I have any inkling of what you're doing by defacing a rival deity's holy place would accomplish." Paquito whispers into Nameroc's ear

Nameroc stays his hand while Paquito speaks, but resumes his work once the minotaur is finished. Not wanting to be in the middle of the fight that's sure to come in the morning, Paquito locates a small rock on the ground and once verifying that Nameroc is completely engrossed in his work, throws the rock into Korg's head.

"What Elfy doing?! Stop!!" Korg screams but can't reach Nameroc in time.

Nevertheless Korg manages to shove the small elf away from pillar, as the giant kneels down to see how much damage Nameroc managed to produce.

"Pokey, help Korg put heads back on pole." Korg shouts as Gronar begins to stir

Crinching his nose at the prospect, Paquito intentionally moves slowly at Korg request. He manages to hand one skull to Korg by the time the hill giant has stacked them up against the totem.

"Gronar! Bring rope." Korg commands

Nameroc didn't put up much of a fight against the two giants, as they hog tied him and then leashed him to Korg.

"Korg not trust Elfy to leave shaman heads alone, so now Korg keep eye on you." Korg told Nameroc

Unbeknownst to Korg, a curse was already brewing in the mind of Nameroc. Korg's sonorous sleeping sounds hid Nameroc's writhing and fevered sweats from him the rest of the night.

Nameroc seethed in anger at the giants for not allowing him to destroy this unholy place. How could anyone relish in the display of elven skulls, the divine beauty of the elves was being scrubbed away by whomever this giant shaman is. Nameroc replayed a scene in his head where the shaman comes upon them in the morning, and Nameroc shows the shaman what it feels like to be a trophy.

Nameroc rationalized that he wouldn't stop there, he'd have to wipe out the whole clan. He would leave no giant within two hundred miles of Mirwood. His warped brain also told him that Korg and Gronar eventually would have to go as well. Even that no good Paquito would have to go, after all he didn't stop Korg from tying him up, so he must be in league with the shaman as well.

Even old man Finrod probably would need to be shown the way to the afterlife, his race is defiled, and he has the audacity to sleep! He's not an elf, then he remembered what they whispered about him in the festival hall in Mirwood, that he's got giant blood in his veins.

"That's it!" Nameroc thinks to himself, he's part giant already. "They're all against me, I'll have to kill them all!"

The dark gray of night gives way to the soft gray of morning as the sleet which was a constant throughout the night continues to mock the party through it's numbing assault.

Also I forgot to include that the answer to the last riddle was knowledge.

The sky is falling

The party heads out once the darkness lefts to a deep gray. Korg unteathers Nameroc, then begins to clean up the site so as to appear no one stayed the night at the lean-to. Saying a prayer to Umtala, Korg hopes the shaman will not be able to track the party, or at least track the giants.

The party congregates on the road in front of the lean-to and decides to head in what they perceive as the southerly route. The sleet slows to a spitting speed, but does not stop altogether. Nameroc hopes that with all the precipitation that there must be some water feature such as a lake or stream nearby that may hold some fresh food for the party.

The going is slow, hampered by the soft earth, the giant's feet sink a good half foot into the path, while Finrod's feet have trouble maintaining a solid footing over the icy mud. Nameroc however climbs on the back of his ursine companion and lets the bear's wide feet do the walking for him.

The scenery is rather drab, the gray clouds dull the colors of the giant fir trees off to the left of the path about a mile away. The sleet gives everything a wet glistening look and keeps most small animals out of the open. Fours hours of the same terrain features made for grumpy giants and annoyed elves. Paquito for some reason had no problem with the weather.

"This reminds me of the ocean, sailing through the northern straits of Tabrushe. It would rain constantly for three days straight, then the wind would come and dry you off just in time for the rain to come again. I think nature's true beauty lies in the not what you can just see, but also in what you can feel and smell. No?" Paquito says aloud

"Korg not in mood for Pokey story." The hill giant says gruffly

"You sound like a druid." Finrod says before realizing he should not have said that out loud.

Nameroc gives Finrod a dirty glare, then turns back to Paquito. "Good thing you'll never be one, I've never seen someone devote so much time at herbalism, only to fail at grasping the concept four straight times."

"That is because the great Paquito is a lover, not a gardener. Paquito the Bullord knows how to grow the things that matter most to a tribe. Babies. No?" Paquito replies while raising his eyebrows in a knowing manner.

"Glad I'm not female." Nameroc answers in disgust

"I am too, our children would have to be cast out. There is nothing worse than a merry bull. Although I do recall a cousin of mine who was into nature and fey-like behavior. Bessie was her name, she was also talking about the purity of milk and how cow's milk was the best for a young minotaur's development. Very odd she was." Paquito relates

"Sounds like you should have paid more attention to her when you were younger, then maybe your growth wouldn't have been so stunted?" Nameroc jibes at the minotaur

"Maybe, it would have been very difficult though, as she was killed for heresy. I must admit though, her flank steaks were very tasty." Paquito responds

"You're disgusting! And your race is an abomination! Get away from me!" Nameroc screams

Gronar's hand swings back and slaps Nameroc of his bear.

"Shh... Something big coming." Gronar says, putting his index finger to his lips

Stunned, Nameroc picks himself off the wet path and draws his bow, notching and arrow at the hill giant.

"Touch me again and you die." Nameroc tells Gronar

"Hah! Gronar know elfly not good with tools, elfy shoot self before Gronar." The hill giant says with a smile

"What's coming?" Finrod asks Gronar, trying to defuse the situation

"Somethings big, listen." Gronar says

"Somethings? As in plural?" Finrod asks

Gronar stares dumbfounded at the elf, unsure of what plural means, Gronar just shrugs his shoulders and points at high cliff off to the right at a forty-five degree angle. "Big things."

Paquito and Finrod stop moving and listen to the breeze blowing across the path. At the low end of their hearing, they pick up the beating of what sounds like large drums. After listening for a few more minutes, they change their mind and go with large footsteps beating a path towards them.

Looking closely at the cliff, the party sees the tops of the giant fir trees sway and get pushed aside by something massive.

"There!" Paquito points.

"Great, company. What do we do now?" Finrod asks

"What a fine day for traveling, cold breeze, cold rain, and eve the smell of cold through the trees. Don't you think Sven?"

"I don't know why you always have to take the long road to Fragnrac's, we could have been there by now enjoying the remorrhaz on the spit. As slow as you're going, we'll be lucky to get leg."

"Oh, hush. You're just upset that you didn't kill the beast yourself. You should be happy for Fragnrac and Ilicle. You know I heard their union was a little on the rocks, probably all the time he spends with you guys hunting elves."

"You speak as though elf hunting was some sort of recreational exercise. You'll not think as such when they run over your warming corpse like arctic ants!"

"Well, I'm just saying you seem to be doing a lot more hunting these days than you used to, and I also know that a new miesje moved in on Bjorn's Peak."

"What are you insinuating Inga? I assure you that when I pledged to be your mate, I meant it. Until such time as I have to kill you, I will remain loyal."

"Your words hurt me."

"Yeah, well not as bad as these fir trees you're forcing us to go through, the mammoths don't like it and I like it even less than they do."

"Here it comes!" Finrod says as two huge frost giants riding mammoths erupt from the tree line near the base of the cliff.

"Whoa." Korg's words trail off as he stares at the huge blue-skinned giants

"Hide! Don't let them see us or they'll squash us for sure." Finrod shouts

The giants and Paquito move off to the left of the path and find cover behind some boulders, Finrod runs to the right side and hides behind a small spruce tree. Nameroc however stands defiant in the middle of the path.

"Nameroc what are you doing?" Finrod whispers as Nameroc points his notched arrow at the advancing giants. "Are you crazy? No!"

Nameroc releases his grip on the arrow and watches it fly true towards the near giant, who looks male from this distance. The arrow lands in the exposed flesh of the giant's left thigh.

"Look, all I'm saying is that you should consider braiding your beard that's all. I think you'd look more menacing."

"I'm not going to listen to you try and tell me how to be a man, you wouldn't know the first thing about hunting."

"Looks like something's hunting you." Inga points out the small flying stick to her husband just before it sinks into his thigh.

"Wh... Ow." Sven says yanking the projectile out of his leg.

"Oh, poor baby has a splinter?" Igna asks

"Shout up woman! Give me my boulder bag!" Sven demands

"Not until you apologize." Inga answers

"What! You'll incur my wrath next if you don't fork it over!" Sven shouts as another arrow from Nameroc's bow lands into the thigh of Sven. "Now! Can't you see we're under attack!"

"You're under attack, I'm just under distress." Igna answers

Sven reaches back and snatches the sack from Igna. "Watch and learn."

"See, they cower at my greatness. All of you ran and hid, I alone shall bring ruin to all of giantkind!" Nameroc shouts as he points the bow at Paquito. "You're next bullman."

"Hey now, lets not get overly dramatic here. I mean surely you can respect the kind of worldly knowledge one such as myself contains? I mean what would your druidic convictions say about killing an innocent?" Paquito says as he moves to the opposite side of his boulder to Nameroc

"Stop cowering and face death like the rest of your clan did." Nameroc tells the minotaur

"There's no need for personal attacks oh dainty one." Paquito catches a glimpse of a large rock hurtling through the air towards Nameroc's location. Paquito then stands straight up in front of Nameroc.

"There's a good minotaur." Nameroc says

"Before you shoot, can I please recite the dirge of the minotaur?" Paquito asks

"What are you people doing? The two of you have doomed us all!" Finrod shouts from his cover

"Don't worry old man, I'll take care of you last." Nameroc shouts over his shoulder to Finrod, "Now back to you." Nameroc focuses in on Paquito

"Remember, keep looking up. No?" Paquito says while pointing above Nameroc

Nameroc takes a quick peek up as the shadow of a large rock covers the ground around his feet.

Jon Potter

First Post
Hairy Minotaur said:
Paquito catches a glimpse of a large rock hurtling through the air towards Nameroc's location. Paquito then stands straight up in front of Nameroc.

"There's a good minotaur." Nameroc says

"Before you shoot, can I please recite the dirge of the minotaur?" Paquito asks

"What are you people doing? The two of you have doomed us all!" Finrod shouts from his cover

"Don't worry old man, I'll take care of you last." Nameroc shouts over his shoulder to Finrod, "Now back to you." Nameroc focuses in on Paquito

"Remember, keep looking up. No?" Paquito says while pointing above Nameroc

Nameroc takes a quick peek up as the shadow of a large rock covers the ground around his feet.

I love these guys! Too funny!!
:lol:

There's a'looting a'foot

Sorry for the long delay, we moved into a house on the 15th and have been cleaning/unpacking ever since.

The mountain chip pounds into Nameroc's body, then rolls away harmlessly it's deed completed. Paquito winces as the rock slams into the ground, he expects to see a puddle of goo in the impression the rock left behind. He instead finds a broken and bloodied mess that still wheezes through a shattered face.

"Gimmie 'nother rock, I see a new target." Sven commands

"Ugh, we don't have time for one of your fishing trips, we've got to get a move on." the female frost giant replies

"Hey! I am not about to leave unlooted bodies strewn about the countryside because you were hungry. I'm lootin' and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Well now, you just think about that the next time you get remorhazz saddle burn and you need someone to wipe your rear for you if you don't quit your games and start moving!"

Sven mulls over his wife's remarks and relents, "Fine, just one more rock though. Did you see that throw? I want to see if I can hit the same one again and make a statement for it's friends."

"Alright, here." Igna answers and hands over another rock

Paquito leans over the boulder he was standing behind to get a better look at Nameroc. While the elf lay unconscious, Paquito doubted he would survive any kind of heal attempt. Nameroc's breaths became shallow as Paquito heard the next volley streaking through the air. Paquito ducks back behind his rock as the large piece of granite plows into the ground just beyond Paquito's location, the minor tremors of it's landing shake Paquito on his haunches.

Peering out across the side of his rock, Paquito watches as the second boulder rocks to a stop a mere ten feet from him. Looking back at Nameroc's previous location, and Paquito notes that all that's left is a large streak of blood and a twisted boot.

"Ha! did you see that! The same spot. I am definitely trying out for chucking champion this year." Sven admires his throw one last time before spurring his mammoth on to catch up with his wife.

As the frost giants cross the worn path, Igna makes an observation "Looks like someone was here before you, and they were able to kill with one rock to the head and left the bodies as a reminder too." Igna remarks sarcastically

"Point taken." Sven says as the pair ride off to the west.

After Paquito watches the frost giants disappear behind a hill, he gets up and looks for Nameroc's body. Unable to locate it he calls out to Finrod for assistance.

"I'm not moving from this spot, whatever that was has darn good aim. What's your mental problem for wandering around in the open?" the elf shouts back

"The giants are gone, I need help finding Nameroc's body, it got mashed by the boulders and I don't see it anywhere." Paquito informs the elf

Finrod twists his head around the tree trunk to get a look at where the boulders flew from and quickly retracts it, it takes the elf several tries before he convinces himself that there will be no further aerial assaults.

Together Paquito and Finrod locate the few remaining body parts of Nameroc.

"I never knew you had such reverence for the dead Paquito, I would've thought you'd leave Nameroc here and continue forth about your business. It brings a tear to my eye to see you care so much." Finrod observes

"What are talking about? I intend to loot his dead body for magic items and then scorch the area of his stench. No?" Paquito says matter-of-factly, much to the horror of Finrod who stands mouth agape at Paquito's remarks

"Hey! you two. The giants are gone, you can come out now." Paquito shouts to Gronar and Korg

"No, Korg hiding. No can see me." Comes Korg's reply

"They're gone, it's safe now." Paquito implores

"No, hidey spot is working. No can see me." Korg answers

"Korg.... Korg!.... KORG! Paquito shouts

*snore*

Paquito walks over and kicks the sleeping giant.

"Huh? What. Gronar hiding." Comes his reply

"They're gone. Get out from under there." Paquito tells the giant

Gronar pulls the boulder off of his head and rolls onto his back so as to sit up and get a look around.

"Good job Elfy, big giants all dead?" Gronar asks

"Nameroc is dead, as to the giant's well being, I would surmise that they fared rather well through the ordeal. No?" Paquito explains

"He wants to take Nameroc's things and use them for himself." Finrod announces to Gronar while pointing at Paquito.

"Yeah?" Gronar asks

Paquito shrugs his shoulders and nods his head in agreement

"Alright Pokey! Gronar knew you be giant sometime, did Pokey loot body yet?" Gronar asks excitedly

Shaking his head no, Paquito informs Gronar that there was almost nothing left of Nameroc to loot.

"Shhh! Korg hiding, shut up!" Korg yells

Gronar knocks the boulder from Korg's head

"Ahhh! No kill Korg, no kill Korg!" the hill giant wails an appeal

"Big giants gone Korg, get up." Gronar says

Korg stands and wears a proud smile on his face, in his mind, his plan had worked and he was saved. Finrod spots Nameroc's black bear companion rooting around Nameroc's last standing position.

"I'll take him back with me, maybe I can find a suitable husbander?" Finrod announces

"Nah, Korg hungry." And with that the hill giant cleric decapitates the black bear and begins to rip the pelt off it's body.

Finrod becomes nauseated and begins throwing up at the brutality.

"I call ribs. No?" Paquito states

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases