M2: The Search for Goblin HQ




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 131 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1310
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    ° Ignore Manzanita

    M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

    The group heads out of Orussus and takes the well-traveled road to Monemvassia. After an uneventful trip, they reach the overgrown intersection, where the old road heads North. A familiar sight Nurlan, Irene, Charlyn and Tenebryn

    I thought I'd open this thread because it looks like the party is assembled. Feel free to make a post about your travel conversations or preparations for the upcoming events.
    Last edited by Manzanita; Monday, 21st March, 2005 at 11:51 PM.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832

    ° Ignore Patlin
    Tor is happy to hit the open road. He unwinds his spiked chain, ready for any dangers that may await. Adjusting his pack, he begins the long walk toward the avalanche. He takes up a position in the marching order towards the front, trying to place himself so that any enemy charging at the party will need to run through the dangerous reach of his chain before reaching the spellcasters, Charlan and Irene. Since he's not mounted, this will only work if those more afluent adventurers are willing to remain behind him, but his expectation is that the party will travel as a group.

    "Nurlan, do you know any marching songs? If you wouldn't mind an amateur stepping all over your fine performance, we can sing as we go." He grins.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,267

    ° Ignore Knight Otu
    My communities:

    "I agree with Tor, Nurlan. A few marching songs to lift our spirits, as long as we are not within hearing distance of the goblins. I'll warn you before hand though, I don't think my singing would be very good!" Ashnar encourages Nurlan with a smile. He'll stay in the middle of the marching order with the other spellcasters, and on the morning, he'll look through his spellbook to see if he has a few spells that might help in it that are better suited for the coming task, and decides to drop his read magic cantrip for another ray of frost.
    Silently, he regrets not to have the money for a crossbow.

    (I have my prepared spell list in my signature and my character post. Is that enough, considering that signatures only show once per page, or should I add them somewhere more accessable, too?)
    Also posts as Ashardalon (here and elsewhere) and as Eques Concordia and Guinea Pig (only elsewhere).

    Semabin ai Harudan, currently hunting goblins.
    Ashnar, currently searching the Peregrine Shard.
    Sedar Spirewalker, Halfling Investigative in Living Eberron.
    Castle Otu *Updated 17/06/07 - Semi-Random Crunch - The Greenjacket*

  • #4
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Vigwyn the Unruly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL (really Naperville)
    Posts
    1,343

    ° Ignore Vigwyn the Unruly
    My communities:

    Somac does the prudent thing and buys a potion of cure light wounds before leaving with the group. "I may have only a single gold piece left to my name, but I won't die for a lack of planning," he thinks to himself.

    A wide smile spreads across Somac's face as the party takes to the road. When he left the clan, he never dreamed he would find himself in the company of such people as these. Finally, he can begin to make a name for himself in the world.

  • #5
    LEW Judge
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    orsal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,309

    ° Ignore orsal

    Nurlan, human bard 2

    When Nurlan emerges from the tavern, after a quick trip upstairs, he is laden with, most prominently, both a 10' pole and a longspear, as well as a heavily packed backpack. He is content to ride behind the stronger soldiers in the group, although he is thinking that the trip might go better if everyone were mounted. "Just let us know if you get tired," he tells the infantry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patlin (Tor)
    "Nurlan, do you know any marching songs? If you wouldn't mind an amateur stepping all over your fine performance, we can sing as we go." He grins.
    Nurlan smiles. As if he ever needs to be asked to sing a song! "Why of course," he says. "Nothing cements a new friendship better than sharing a song together. Let's see, a marching song... I know, here's one I learned from the bard Selmani. He says that the soldiers in the Emperor Hannu's army used to march to it.

    I'm marching off to war, now
    To fight so gloriously
    But soon I will be marching
    Back home victoriously

    Tell all the lovesick ladies
    Who'll miss me while I'm gone
    They need not fear for me
    For my mates are brave and strong"


    (Perform check 20+8=28. Manzanita, OK to roll my own perform checks as long as there's no crunch to it?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Otu (Ashnar)
    "I agree with Tor, Nurlan. A few marching songs to lift our spirits, as long as we are not within hearing distance of the goblins. I'll warn you before hand though, I don't think my singing would be very good!"
    Nurlan seems undisturbed by the quality of his accompaniment, rather delighting in the feeling of sharing his favourite activity with others.

    (OOC: Let's drag the fluffy stuff out a little longer. I see the updated version of Irene still hasn't been posted, and I'm happy not to get into anything crunchy until we're all approved at our current character levels.)

  • #6
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Steve Jung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Brunswick
    Posts
    3,485

    ° Ignore Steve Jung
    My communities:

    Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

    Charlarn will ride near the lead on his horse, Aramil. He has his shield on his pack, with one hand on the reins and the other holding his holy symbol. He turns to the new people, "It was up that hill where the living dead were, but they may have moved. Be cautious." With that, he keeps scanning the area, trying to notice anything unusual (Spot [untrained] +3 or Listen [untrained] +3).

    Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1: save DC 13 + level):
    detect magic, guidance (2), light;
    bless, detect undead, hide from undead, sanctuary*.

    OOC: Manzanita, is it OK if Charlarn wrote 2 cure light wounds scrolls (caster level 1) when he was in Orussus? They'll cost him 25 gp and 2 xp total.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Gurdjieff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Eindhoven, Netherlands
    Posts
    999

    ° Ignore Gurdjieff
    Not coming straight from the tavern as expected, Irene goes to the stables first, where she picks up her means of transportation: a pony.
    "Hi guys! This is Orion, isn't he cute? I couldn't stay behind without a horse myself after you all got one, now could I?"


    [OoC: I'm still waiting for Nimisgod to confirm my updated character, but here are the spells I've got prepared the moment she's confirmed:
    Spells Prepared:
    0 (4+1): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound
    1 (3+1): Sleep, Sleep, Mage Armor, Color Spray]
    Previously known as Venus.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832

    ° Ignore Patlin
    "Up that hill? We're very close, then. Do we have a scout to check for alarms or sentries?"
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • #9
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ° Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    Rinaldo walks to the group. "I've made my mind, and I'll be yours."
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #10
    Registered User


    Erekose13's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,352
    Blog Entries
    7

    ° Ignore Erekose13
    My communities:

    Tenebrynn arrives in a huff. "Sorry almost forgot to pick up a few last minute things at the library. Always need reading material." He says with a smile.
    Erekose13
    Art by Uneide!
    PbP

    [Living 4th Edition]
    Callen Stewart Human Wizard 8
    Beyrk Verkunder Hobgoblin Bard 3

    [Living Eberron]
    Gogmorthak d'Tharashk Orc Barbarian 6

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 131 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. New Goblin: Goblin Fleshraiser
      By Pennarin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Wednesday, 6th August, 2008, 05:46 PM
    2. Goblin swarm! Every pregen vs. every type of goblin
      By WampusCat43 in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 07:32 PM
    3. The Goblin King humiliates Bayne and frees the goblin slaves.
      By SableWyvern in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 29th March, 2002, 04:57 AM
    4. Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th March, 2002, 04:07 AM
    5. Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th March, 2002, 10:23 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •