M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
The group heads out of Orussus and takes the well-traveled road to Monemvassia. After an uneventful trip, they reach the overgrown intersection, where the old road heads North. A familiar sight Nurlan, Irene, Charlyn and Tenebryn

I thought I'd open this thread because it looks like the party is assembled. Feel free to make a post about your travel conversations or preparations for the upcoming events.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Tor is happy to hit the open road. He unwinds his spiked chain, ready for any dangers that may await. Adjusting his pack, he begins the long walk toward the avalanche. He takes up a position in the marching order towards the front, trying to place himself so that any enemy charging at the party will need to run through the dangerous reach of his chain before reaching the spellcasters, Charlan and Irene. Since he's not mounted, this will only work if those more afluent adventurers are willing to remain behind him, but his expectation is that the party will travel as a group.

"Nurlan, do you know any marching songs? If you wouldn't mind an amateur stepping all over your fine performance, we can sing as we go." He grins.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I agree with Tor, Nurlan. A few marching songs to lift our spirits, as long as we are not within hearing distance of the goblins. I'll warn you before hand though, I don't think my singing would be very good!" Ashnar encourages Nurlan with a smile. He'll stay in the middle of the marching order with the other spellcasters, and on the morning, he'll look through his spellbook to see if he has a few spells that might help in it that are better suited for the coming task, and decides to drop his read magic cantrip for another ray of frost.
Silently, he regrets not to have the money for a crossbow.

(I have my prepared spell list in my signature and my character post. Is that enough, considering that signatures only show once per page, or should I add them somewhere more accessable, too?)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac does the prudent thing and buys a potion of cure light wounds before leaving with the group. "I may have only a single gold piece left to my name, but I won't die for a lack of planning," he thinks to himself.

A wide smile spreads across Somac's face as the party takes to the road. When he left the clan, he never dreamed he would find himself in the company of such people as these. Finally, he can begin to make a name for himself in the world.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan, human bard 2

When Nurlan emerges from the tavern, after a quick trip upstairs, he is laden with, most prominently, both a 10' pole and a longspear, as well as a heavily packed backpack. He is content to ride behind the stronger soldiers in the group, although he is thinking that the trip might go better if everyone were mounted. "Just let us know if you get tired," he tells the infantry.

Patlin (Tor) said:
"Nurlan, do you know any marching songs? If you wouldn't mind an amateur stepping all over your fine performance, we can sing as we go." He grins.

Nurlan smiles. As if he ever needs to be asked to sing a song! "Why of course," he says. "Nothing cements a new friendship better than sharing a song together. Let's see, a marching song... I know, here's one I learned from the bard Selmani. He says that the soldiers in the Emperor Hannu's army used to march to it.

I'm marching off to war, now
To fight so gloriously
But soon I will be marching
Back home victoriously

Tell all the lovesick ladies
Who'll miss me while I'm gone
They need not fear for me
For my mates are brave and strong"

(Perform check 20+8=28. Manzanita, OK to roll my own perform checks as long as there's no crunch to it?)

Knight Otu (Ashnar) said:
"I agree with Tor, Nurlan. A few marching songs to lift our spirits, as long as we are not within hearing distance of the goblins. I'll warn you before hand though, I don't think my singing would be very good!"

Nurlan seems undisturbed by the quality of his accompaniment, rather delighting in the feeling of sharing his favourite activity with others.

(OOC: Let's drag the fluffy stuff out a little longer. I see the updated version of Irene still hasn't been posted, and I'm happy not to get into anything crunchy until we're all approved at our current character levels.)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn will ride near the lead on his horse, Aramil. He has his shield on his pack, with one hand on the reins and the other holding his holy symbol. He turns to the new people, "It was up that hill where the living dead were, but they may have moved. Be cautious." With that, he keeps scanning the area, trying to notice anything unusual (Spot [untrained] +3 or Listen [untrained] +3).

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1: save DC 13 + level):
0–detect magic, guidance (2), light;
1–bless, detect undead, hide from undead, sanctuary*.

OOC: Manzanita, is it OK if Charlarn wrote 2 cure light wounds scrolls (caster level 1) when he was in Orussus? They'll cost him 25 gp and 2 xp total.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Not coming straight from the tavern as expected, Irene goes to the stables first, where she picks up her means of transportation: a pony.
"Hi guys! This is Orion, isn't he cute? I couldn't stay behind without a horse myself after you all got one, now could I?"

[OoC: I'm still waiting for Nimisgod to confirm my updated character, but here are the spells I've got prepared the moment she's confirmed:
Spells Prepared:
0 (4+1): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound
1 (3+1): Sleep, Sleep, Mage Armor, Color Spray]

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn arrives in a huff. "Sorry almost forgot to pick up a few last minute things at the library. Always need reading material." He says with a smile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases