M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
While Nurlan might be persuaded to leave Jezibel at large, especially if Kim has been exonerated, he's not going to give up on rescuing Irene unless he learns something to convince him that she is either dead or a turncoat.

It sounds like we're all agreed to return to Monemvassia now. Let us know what we learn:
* Does Kim still have legal issues?
* Can we learn anything more about Jezibel's habits? Where she has been likely to be found in the past, etc. We probably won't try visiting that tavern she recommended when we first met her, but other than that...

Manzanita

First Post
The next day, the second after the great battle, the party makes it back to Monemvassia just before dark. The ill tempered guards give them no trouble, and seem tired at the end of the day. They travel the well-known streets to Kim Tensil's warehouse, where they are greeted enthusiasticly by Botha, the pipe-smoking foreman. He tells them Kim is on business and can see the party in the morning. Kim is on probation, and fears the government will throw him in jail, but at this point, he is still doing business, and keeps hi ogre guard, Grod, close at hand.

As they eat their final meal of the day, the party looks after their accumulated loot, and expect no more.

Manzanita

First Post
The party explores Jezibel's former haunts and gathers information as best they can. They find no evidence that Jezibel has been back to Monemvassia since they last saw her there, planting stolen silver in Kim's warehouse.

Manzanita

First Post
Treasure

This will be the party treasure post, which can be linked to their CSs. I'll edit this as the party decides how to mete it out. Yellow indicates treasure gain and approx value; Red indicates loss.

Ashnar: 666.8 gold pieces +100 gps for familiar summons
Charlarn: lose horse and all equipment stored on horse; used several scrolls of CLW (how many?) Gain chain shirt
Irene: No gain, and not present at treasure distribution
Nurlan: Gain cloak of charisma +2(4000 gps); Wand of CLW (750 gp) (used 14? CLW charges on wand?); MW heavy crossbow(350 gps)
Rinaldo: 622.8 gps
Somac: lose greatsword and glaive+762.3 gps + MW studded leather
Tenebrynn: +1 heavy pick; aquatic humanoid bane (8000 gps); lose horse and equipment stored there; used several scrolls of Magic missile (how many?)
Tor: MW mighty +2 long composite bow (600 gp)+466.8 gps

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
I'm sure I'm missing some; feel free to comment.

Were the horses given or lent to us? I had been thinking that Kim had lent them to us, and that we'd return them at the end of the job. If they were lent, is the loss of two of them a problem?

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Is the money include what we have gain from last loot? And, I suggest, as I have said for the last loot, we split in qual share, the whole value of the loot, which means, your share is:

1/2 value of items found and kept
+ full value of items bought
- full value of item lost
+ your part of money from the stash
= Same value for everyone.

For explanation:
Items found and kept by someone worth only half value, as it is the value we should have if we had sold it. So, Tenebrynn weapon worth 4000 to calculate his share of the money.

Items bought are full value, as long as they have been bought with the loot. If it has been bought with your money you had before this contract begin, don't count it. Anyway, we have a list here.

Items lost are at full value, because, to be replace, they need to be bought again. That include Somac's weapon, horses and the equipement they were carrying, scroll and potions. Yeap, scrolls you've created at 12.5 gp each are worth 25 gp here, which mean a net gain of 12.5 gp for you. I think it is fare, as you lost XPs too.

Your part of the stash is the value you should have so everyone have the same value. The stash, is presently:

Gold: 3367 gps

So, without counting the part of the stash, Nurlan would have 2715 (including the 36 charges of the wand remaining at full cost, as it has been bought with the loot), Rinaldo would have 0 (The potion have been bought with previous loot and used), Ashnar is at 100 (including his familiar cost, bought with the previous loot)... for the others, it is more touchy, as I don't know what you have lost with horses and other things like that.

Ok, may looks like complicated like that, but I think that's what is fare for everyone, and Rinaldo will try to have the farest deal possible, or at least one who he will not be loser over someone else, except for a good reason...

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Manzanita said:
Charlarn: lose horse and all equipment stored on horse; used several scrolls of CLW (how many?) Gain chain shirt
Looking back, I don't think he had any equipment on the horse other than the horse tack minus the barding. That was left at the warehouse with Charlarn's winter blanket and cleric vestments. He had created a scroll of cure light wounds (x5) caster level 1, and used 4 of them.

Patlin

Explorer
If someone keeps the pick (and that would seem like a good idea) we won't be able to split the treasure completely evenly. That's OK, in my opinion. To the extent that it can be made to work, I support Velmont's proposal.

Curious to find out how many xp what seemed like a million sahugin will be worth... :)

Manzanita

First Post
The horses were a gift.

Any other plans before we call this? Is the plan to tell Kim that Jezibel got away? Anything else?

I'll figure up XPs and run them by the judge.

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
Items lost are at full value, because, to be replace, they need to be bought again. That include Somac's weapon, horses and the equipement they were carrying, scroll and potions.

Leave the horses out of the equation, unless the remaining one is now a gift to the party. If Kim wants to absorb the loss himself, then the missing horses shouldn't affect our reckoning of what we have gained and lost. And I wouldn't assume that horses need to be replaced -- do the people who were riding horses particularly feel they need them? The only member of the party with a mount she sought herself was Irene, and she's not with us. And four of you who could have bought horses with group funds when we stopped in town in the middle, didn't.

If the horses were a gift rather than a loan, we're not down two horses, we're up one.

Nurlan doesn't think of himself as the new owner of the cloak, just its custodian. But he is getting sentimental about it, so it's definitely worth something. (And I have a hunch that over time he'll start to think of it as his.) He's not one to try for a precise accounting -- what's a few hundred GP between friends? -- so if the general feeling is that his acquired items constitute a full share of the loot, that's OK with him. And it sounds like Rinaldo is the one person who is going to try to square the accounts precisely.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases