M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Unless I've missed a wound, Tor had taken 7 points of damage before being healed.

Tor helps Rinaldo gather up the rope, which was Nurlan's. He adjusts his pack, looks around for any more opposition, and is ready to go. He keeps his chain at the ready.

"Anyone have an idea where that bell was ringing from?" He asks.

Tor peers in the general direction from which the alarm sounded. Any likely candidates for an outpost in that direction?

Knight Otu

First Post
As Ashnar opens his eyes again, he feels as though the creature almost has ripped his head off - which might be close to the truth. While he hears Nurlan talk about the crossbow down below, he doesn't have the energy to call for a chance to claim it.

Once they get to a safer place, he'll spontaneously cast cure light wounds (1d8+2) in place of bless on Somac. Then one in place of detect undead (Don't think he'll need that
smile.gif
) on Tor. And one in place of hide from undead on Ashar.
After he receives the curing spell from Charlarn, Ashnar stands up and thanks the cleric. "Thank you. When that creature hit me, I was afraid that my head and my body would go seperate ways in the future."
He'll retrieve the dagger from the ghoul, and as Nurlan climbs up to the path, Ashnar comments on the new crossbow: "A nice weapon. I should take care to get one of these as well."

Manzanita

First Post
Charlyn's successful knowledge (religion) check implies he knows about ghoul fever. His cure spells bring Tor and Ashnar up to full, and Somac to 6, leaving Charlyn down by 6, Nurlan down 5, Somac down 8, Tenebryn and Rinaldo down 2.

The group has not yet crossed the avalanch area. Several having been out there, the concensus is that the warhorses and ponies could be led across slowly without much danger. A light horse (if there are any) might have trouble.

Rinaldo can determine that the long sword and heavy crossbow both appear to be masterwork. Please do add this to your CS if you plan to use one.

The ringing was probably coming from the other side of the rockslide.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

orsal said:
Nurlan lifts his hand to his bleeding face. "Well, I'm still losing a little blood up here, but I'll be alright. We did well to choose our companions. These are valiant men, and we will be safe with the likes of Somac and Tor fighting our foes."

He returns to the trail to pick up his pick, throwing the crossbow over his shoulder. "This thing doesn't use normal arrows, so I won't be able to use it until we get to town."
"Yes they are. I'm really glad Tor and the others were able to rescue us." He shudders. Pointing to the crossbow, he adds, "If you want, you can have some of my bolts." (Charlarn offers 10 bolts to Nurlan)
Knight Otu said:
/snip/
After he receives the curing spell from Charlarn, Ashnar stands up and thanks the cleric. "Thank you. When that creature hit me, I was afraid that my head and my body would go seperate ways in the future."
/snip/
"You're welcome. I was afraid my prayers wouldn't work after what happened down there. When we reach a safe place, let me see if you caught ghoul fever. I've heard it's real bad to catch."

Once they've reached a safe place he treats each person who was hit by a ghoul (Ashnar, Nurlan, Rinaldo, Somac, Tenebrynn, Tor, himself; 10 min each, 1 use of healer's kit each, Heal +5).

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan responds

Velmont (Rinaldo) said:
"That item is remarkable. I do not know what wizard have thought to create that, but he was brillant. Whose rope it is?"

"My rope. Is that hook yours? Nifty trick. I'm impressed." Nurlan rolls up the rope again and puts it back in his pack.

Knight Otu (Ashnar) said:
and as Nurlan climbs up to the path, Ashnar comments on the new crossbow: "A nice weapon. I should take care to get one of these as well."

Nurlan catches the hint, and says, "Would you like this one? You've got as much claim to it as I do. We fought those ghouls together and went down together. If we succeed at this mission I'm sure we'll have enough to buy one for both of us. Rinaldo thinks it's expensive, but our employer has promised us a fitting reward. Unfortunately until then only one of us can use it. What do you say?"

Steve Jung (Charlarn) said:
Pointing to the crossbow, he adds, "If you want, you can have some of my bolts." (Charlarn offers 10 bolts to Nurlan)

Nurlan takes the bolts with a thank-you, and holds them in one hand as he holds the crossbow in the other, waiting for further suggestions as to who the best custodian would be for the weapon.

Knight Otu

First Post
orsal said:
What do you say?"
"Thank you for the offer, but I believe that you have more right to it than I do. I should simply learn to cast a protective spell or two on me before another horror dislikes that my head rests firmly on my neck." Ashnar smiles.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Should we retreat to rest or should we cross over the avalance and see what that bell was all about? I know many of you are still quite injured, so my council would be a retreat for the evening. I know that I could use the rest, but I will volunteer to keep watch for first or last watch." Tenebrynn says as everyone gathers together to lick their wounds.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
"...my council would be a retreat for the evening."

"I agree." Tor says. "Perhaps with two of us on each watch. I'll volunteer for a middle watch, since I don't need to prepare spells."

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Erekose13 (Tenebrynn) said:
"Should we retreat to rest or should we cross over the avalance and see what that bell was all about? I know many of you are still quite injured, so my council would be a retreat for the evening. I know that I could use the rest, but I will volunteer to keep watch for first or last watch." Tenebrynn says as everyone gathers together to lick their wounds.

Nurlan agrees. "Why don't we go back a bit toward the main road? We've now been -- the four of us, that is -- have been over that stretch of the trail three times, and up until this spot it's been quite an uneventful trek."

He puts the bolts away, hands his old shortbow to Tenebrynn and slings the crossbow over his shoulder.

OOC: will add the crossbow to my character sheet once I'm caught up on a bunch of other stuff.

Velmont

First Post
"I agree, we should take some rest, but we need to have a safe place to do so. Our bard have a good suggestion, but before that, I suggest to burn those corpse. I don't want to learn that they will raise this night and attack us again tomorrow."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases