M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: apologies Vigwyn, posting hastily from work can sometimes cause confusion, the pick has been offered to Somac as he wanted the weapon.

Manz: do we find any sign of tracks for the horses?]

Manzanita

First Post
The cave is empty. Somac's weapons are also gone.

Charlarn takes some time to try to separate out the tracks left by the fleeing horses. He finds several sets of tracks, but after a couple hours manages to find a place where two sets of tracks diverge from the trail. Following these, the group traces them to a line of trees, which conceals a shallow river. Charlarn can see that the tracks lead into the river, but doesn't see them emerge.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"Thank you so much, friend," says the great barbarian to Tenebrynn. While the pick feels solid and good in his hands, Somac can't help but feel a bit unmanned at having to rely on another's weapon. As he considers the pick, an idea strikes him. The goblins at the moathouse must have fought these sahuagin before, else why would they have such a weapon?

Following the tracks, he is glad to have the priest around to lead them. "Perhaps these horses were carrying Irene and Jezibel," he volunteers. "Maybe they rode upstream in an effort to hide their tracks."

At the stream he stops to splash the cool water onto his face.

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Vigwyn the Unruly said:
Following the tracks, he is glad to have the priest around to lead them. "Perhaps these horses were carrying Irene and Jezibel," he volunteers. "Maybe they rode upstream in an effort to hide their tracks."

At the stream he stops to splash the cool water onto his face.
"Aye. The stream's not so wide. I doubt they followed it too far before leaving it." Charlarn loads his crossbow. "Keep watch around us. Who knows how many goblins or fishmen lurk in the trees."

HP 14/20

Velmont

First Post
"Fishmen, I doubt, they must have come back to the sea. Goblins is a possibility. Let's start to search upstream. This river must end in the sea, and I doubt they would have gone back in that direction."

Manzanita

First Post
The party searches up and down the stream for a couple hours, until it starts to get dark. They can't seem to find horse tracks exiting the stream.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Where the heck could they have gone? I dont think they would have travelled so far in the middle of the river. I am really at a loss as to how we are supposed to find our errant companion and the trecherous Jezibel. But without her we have nothing to show for this trip to the beach. All the treasure was taken, all proof that the goblins had more than what we found in the fort. Perhaps what we found there will be enough in Monemvassia." Tenebrynn ruminates outloud as they begin to discuss what to do next.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor grumbles under his breath, speculating that Irene is probably halfway back to the Red Dragon Inn by now. He's not completely serious, but it wouldn't surprise him much either.

orsal

LEW Judge
After some thought, Nurlan offers his piece. "If we have no way to track our quarry directly, perhaps we can regroup in Monemvassia. Perhaps we can learn more there. After all, we know some of Jezibel's enemies in town."

Remove ads