M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Manzanita said:
Charlyn holds up his holy falcon. As the hideous creatures scramble towards him over the rocks on all fours, he begins the incantations he has learned by heart. But the practice in the temple seems to have ill-prepared him for real thing, as his voice stutters, and the ghouls seems completely unaffected.

/snip/

Nurlan's red blood rolls down the ghoul's arm, and his body convulses briefly, before stiffening, and toppling over onto the ground like a wooden plank. (5 pts dmg, Nurlan Paralyzed.)
"Nurlan!" Charlarn looks down at the fallen bard. Remembering his vows to protect others, the cleric moves into the same square as Nurlan (move action; since Nurlan is helpless, Charlarn can end his turn in Nurlan's space). Through gritted teeth, he states, "In the name of the Searcher, leave him be!" (Turn attempt 2/5; +2 Cha mod; +4 turn damage; standard action).

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: wow take a break for the weekend and things just take off, hope you dont mind a few actions back, nothing that will affect the current round.]

As they near the avalance again, Tenebrynn hand hovers over his dagger hilt ready for any sign of the ghouls or the bell. When Charlarn and Nurlan head over the rocks he stays with the others, ready to provide ranged support if they have trouble or to leap out onto the rocks in the case of a fall.

Despite being ready, Tenebrynn goes pale again upon hearing the bell sound. He draws his quarterstaff from it's straps on his back, but watching Nurlan fall on the difficult terrain, he decides on a different course of action. "Back off fiends!" he shouts before quickly chanting. Tenebrynn launches a magic missile at the ghoul attacking Nurlan. On subsequent rounds he will quickly grab scrolls from the case at his belt and continue launching magic missiles at the ghouls.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

Tenebryn fires a magic missile at the ghoul. It strikes true, and Charlyn can smell the burning flesh, which actually smells little worse than the normal ghoul smell.

Ashnar feels the bell could be caused by magic, but can't tell either way. Nor does he remember any details about ghouls (DC 10, knowledge religion DR5). He figures alchemist fire is unlikely to have much effect on the avalanch, as it's almost all rock. He maneuvers himself to the edge of the rockfall, but at this point, doesn't have time to cast a spell. (He would have to go out on the rockfall to get w/in range of that spell.)

Rinaldo hussels forward and takes the rope from Tor, and begins tying a knot. (tying a knot is a full round action.)

Tor drops the rope as Rinaldo takes it, whips out a javelin and hurls it at the Ghoul downing Nurlan. It is a tough throw, over 30 feet, and downhill. The javeling sails over the beast's head.

End Round 1

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2

Irene may still act. She sees the ghouls approaching closer now. There appear to be at least two coming from both below and above the path. They have about 50% concealment currently behind the thick brush.

Charlyn cries out "In the name of the Searcher, leave him be!" brandishing his falcon once again. 'What could I be doing wrong!' he thinks, as the ghouls attack is unabated. (He's actually doing nothing wrong, but has rolled a 3 and a 5 on his turning checks. :( )

Somac fires another arrow, which again misses. Telebryn rips out a scroll, reads it, and sends another pale arrow from his finger into the ghoul standing over Nurlan. (5 pts dmg)

Both ghouls converge upon Phyrah's hapless cleric. This time Phyrah seems to be with his servant, as Charlyn bravely stands over Nurlan's body and smacks the cruel claws away with his sheild. He can hear the ghouls hollow murmer better now. "Brains...Brains..." they coo.

Ashnar moves out onto the loose rocks. Although the footing is unsteady, he manages to move down far enough to targe the ghouls with his ray. He hits dead on. One ghoul has now been hit by two magic missiles and a ray of frost. It's looking pretty damaged.

Rinaldo finishes tying his knot, presses the button, and his rod becomes immobile in the air.

[tor can still act in round 2]

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Manzanita said:
/snip/
Both ghouls converge upon Phyrah's hapless cleric. This time Phyrah seems to be with his servant, as Charlyn bravely stands over Nurlan's body and smacks the cruel claws away with his sheild. He can hear the ghouls hollow murmer better now. "Brains...Brains..." they coo.
/snip/
Charlarn mutters under his breath, wondering if his faith is too weak. "I will not fail," he says to no one in particular. Letting his holy symbol fall on its cord, he pulls his morningstar from his belt (move action). "Your journey is over, go to your eternal rest," he screams. The cleric swings at the wounded ghoul (Atk +2, Dmg 1d8+1; standard action).

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I can? Thought I wasted round one holding on to the rope. Ok with me though.

Round 2: Tor puls out another javelin and throws it at the wounded ghoul, hoping to bring it down.

Round 3: Tor readies his chain (a move action.) I don't think any ghould will be within 15 feet by then, but if I'm wrong I step forward and hit one.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Somac will take another shot at one of the ghouls near the wagon: the most wounded one, or if it's already down, the other one (Atk +3, 1d6, x3, range 60').

As a move action, he will then put away his shortbow.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"We've got company!" Irene lets out when she spots the ghouls coming from behind. She lets fly a bolt from her crossbow at one of the ghouls in the woods, hoping the trees won't block the path.

Light Crossbow (S), Att +5, Dmg 1d6+0

Velmont

First Post
Now that Tor is free to act, Rinaldo draw his buckler and his rapier and take a step in direction of the approaching ghouls.

OOC:
(Half) Draw buckler
(Half) Draw rapier
(Free) 5 feet

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
"Sela help, more ghouls? Where did they come from?"

If the new ghouls don't seem too close yet that they'll enter melee next round, Ashnar will try to climb up again, and retrieve his flask of alchemist's fire (Two move actions).

Remove ads