M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn grabs another scroll from the case at his belt. Chanting the finishing touches on the scroll, he launches a third magic missile at the ghoul standing over Nurlan (if it is still there by his turn).

Then he will draw his quarterstaff and ready himself for the other ghouls. (attacking if the one over Nurlan has been dealt with already)

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 (continued)

Irene lets fly with a crossbow bolt at the pale shadowy figures advancing through the trees. She thinks she might have clipped it, but can't really tell. It advances undetered.

Tor hurls another javelin at the ghoul combat below, but it is a very difficult shot, with both ghouls engaged with Charlyn, and Nurlan's body right there, too. He doesn't hit any ghouls, but at least he misses his friends too.

I assumed Tor had delayed his action in the first round, and then acted after Rinaldo had taken the rope. As such, Tor now acts after Rinaldo in initiative order, but didn't lose any actions.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3

Irene reloads and manages to get another shot off before the ghoul emerges from the brush. This time her bolt imbeds in a tree.

Charlyn seizes his morningstar and swings it at a ghoul, but the elusive creature easily avoids the weapon. Somac arrow likewise goes wide.

Tenebryn is more successful. His next magic missile strikes home against the injured ghoul, blowing large chunks of its pale flesh and entrails across the rocks, and sending it twiching to the ground.

The second ghoul leaps at Charlyn. With both grimey hands, it clings to his interposed sheild, and its blackened teeth sink into his left shoulder, cutting through the mail shirt and piercing deep into his flesh (6 points dmg). Charlyn struggles to push the creature off, but feels his muscles seizing up. Helplessly, he sees the rocks rush towards his face. (Charlyn paralyzed.)

Two ghouls now emerge from the brush onto the path. From the north one leaps at Irene, but stumbles, and falls prone at her feet. Another reaches Tenebryn, catching him on the shoulder with its claws (2 pts dmg),
but with no other ill effects.

Rinaldo prepares his weapons and moves to confront the onrushing ghouls.

Tor also arms himself and steps forward. He strikes the prone ghoul with his chain, ripping large chunks of flesh from its back. (8 pts dmg)

Not sure what Ashnar wants to do in round 3.

Attachments

• ghoul encounter.JPG
    ghoul encounter.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 131

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo will finish the ghoul at his feet if it is still alive (as far as a ghoul can be alive). He will feint, to offer himself a better opening before striking.

If the ghoul is dead, he will try to rush down the hill, using his buckler hand to maintain a grip on the rope. He will stop at the bottom, out of reach of the ghoul, as best as he can.

Knight Otu

First Post
(So, Nurlan and Charlarn are both paralyzed, and one of the ghouls down there is still active?)

Ashnar will try to catch the still-moving ghoul with another ray of frost.

orsal

LEW Judge
As the paralyzed Nurlan fell, thoughts were going through his mind that he found himself unable to speak. (OOC: That's just as well, since Eric's grandmother wouldn't approve of most of them.) He found himself lying on his back, able to hear most of the commotion but unable to react. He heard Charlarn invoke the Searcher to ward the ghouls off, and felt slightly reassured to know that his comrades were fighting for him. He saw a javelin fly over head, presumably directed at a ghoul, and thought he saw some sort of mysterious bolts, probably magical effects sent by Irene or Tenebrynn. He recalled the song they had marched out to. They need not fear for me, for my mates are brave and strong, he had sung. Indeed they are. All will turn out well, he was thinking. There must be some cure for this condition, some arcane or mystic cure that my loyal friends can find for me, and once they have killed or repelled these abominations they will find it.

Patlin

Explorer
Tor, son of Ariathus

For round 4, Tor enters Barbarian rage with a mighty roar. If I understand locations correctly, Tor ought to be able to smack the upright ghoul with his chain, while still threatening the prone ghoul. Hopefully, he can take down the more threatening one now, and the next with an attack of opportunity (he could potentially get three AOO's per round due to combat reflexes, and is also ready for ghouls carelessly moving through his threatened area.)

Tor's chain attacks are now at +5 for 2d4+6, round 4 will be the first of up to 7 rounds of rage. Also, the con bonus to raising will add 2 to his fortitude saves... though I'm noticing I messed that up on the character sheet.

Erekose13

Explorer
His shoulder smarting, Tenebrynn moves away from the ghoul (5ft step) and tries to help his fallen friends with another scroll (magic missile the ghoul standing over Charlarn). If however someone is already moving in that direction, he will use his staff to lay into the ghoul in front of him (full attack: Quarterstaff (Double) +3/+3 1d6+3/1d6+1)

Manzanita

First Post
Round 3

Ashnur extends a finger at the ghoul, who still has its fangs imbedded in the rigid cleric. Chanting softly, a pale blue beam again issues forth. It misses the wily ghoul.

Round 4 (start)
Irene steps back and sends another crossbow bolt into her prone opponent. It hits in the back of the head, shattering the skull and sending pale brain matter splattering on Tor's and Rinaldo's boots.

Will wait a few more hours for Somac before continuing...

Last edited:

Remove ads