M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar, seeing that he cannot cast his burning hands without harming his companions, and assuming that flare would be useless against the creature, pulls out his new crossbow, careful trying to aim at the strange beast. He also scours through his memory to see if he knows something about the creature. (Knowledge religion +4)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

The cleric has a suspicion that the strange creature is not among the living (Knowledge (Religion) check +4). He loads and raises his crossbow.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Somac starts in fright when he sees the awful creature. In the tight confines of the tunnels, he can't get to the beast with the glaive he picked up above ground. Seeing this, he immediately flings the glaive down to the ground, unsheathes his trusty greatsword, and swings with a mighty shout.

OOC Notes: I think I can do all this in one round: drop weapon as free action, draw weapon as move action, then attack as standard action.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

Rinaldo can see the creature as it thrusts Gunyon aside and moves towards Nurlan. He (NPCed) quickly whips out his rapier and tries to scewer it, but can't connect to the slippery little thing. Nurlan has better luck, slaming his mace into the creatures face and splattering unidentifyable red gunk onto the walls. (crit - 13 pts)

Somac's greatsword misses, slaming into the stone flooring hard enough to jar the weapon from his hands. (DR 1 confirmed. house rule fumble)

Neither Ashnar nor Charlyn can identify the creature. It looks like no undead they've ever heard of.

The little creature tears into the Bard, despite the blow it received. It's long claws rend Nurlan's chest, causing him to tumble to the ground in fetal position (10 pts to -3 (right?)). Nurlan's song lasted just long enough to inspire courage in the rest of the party.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Nurlan has better luck, slaming his mace into the creatures face and splattering unidentifyable red gunk onto the walls. (crit - 13 pts)

OOC: Is that a houserule or a mistake? I didn't think Nurlan would be able to attack until next round -- continuing bardic music is a free action, but on the first round it takes a standard action. I suppose I shouldn't speak up, since if my character is down for the count I'd at least like to know my mates are 13 HP closer to killing the abomination responsible . . . :]

Patlin

Explorer
orsal said:
OOC: Is that a houserule or a mistake? I didn't think Nurlan would be able to attack until next round -- continuing bardic music is a free action, but on the first round it takes a standard action. I suppose I shouldn't speak up, since if my character is down for the count I'd at least like to know my mates are 13 HP closer to killing the abomination responsible . . . :]

ooc: How 'bout he moved into your space, and you hit him with an AOO?

If so, wouldn't that put him in range of Tor's readied action, since Tenebrynn let him through?

I hate to say this at the start of a battle, but I'm heading off to ski for a week. Please run Tor as an NPC while I am gone. He will mostly try to hit things, though given how beat up he got last battle he will try to stay mobile and hopefully force opponents to cross his threatened area in order to strike him, causing AOOs. His rage is used up, so that's not an issue.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2 & 3

Thanks for the idea, Paitlin. The creature grappled and thus Nurlan got an AoO. Thanks for the rules reminder. For what its worth, my internet access will likely be sporatic for the next week as well.

Rinaldo tries to hit the little creature with as it stands over Nurlan's body, but misses. Somac, in order to avoid exposing himself while reaching for his weapon, steps aside to allow Tor into the forefront. Tor strikes it hard with his spiked chain, tearing more chuncks from it's already mauled little body (8 pts). The creature hasn't had enough, though, and spins on Rinaldo, scratching him with a long fingernail (4 pts).

Gunyon has dissapeared up the hallway from whence the creature emerged.

Round 3

Rinaldo stabs at the creature, missing, but keeping its attention long enough for Tor to deliver another ripping attack on its back with his chain. This time, its ribs crack, and it slams hard into the wall, then droops down on the floor, unmoving.

As it falls, though, the closer party members see that another figure has advanced to the end of the hallway, a humanoid wearing full plate armor and a deep purple cloak, a heavy steel sheild, and weilding a large pick.

Still to act in round 3 (& 2 if they wish): Irene, Tenebryn, Somac, Charlyn (& Ashnar round 2 only at this point)

Attachments

• dungeon.JPG
    dungeon.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Tor is ready to defend himself, but calls out first:

"Nurlan! Say something in goblin, quick, or our chance to make peace will be lost!"

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

'Horror after horror!' thinks the barbarian to himself as he makes a desparate attempt to grab his glaive.

OOC: Somac will try to retrieve his glaive. If he's still left with a standard action, he'll ready an attack against this new warrior, to be triggered by the warrior making an attack or casting a spell.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Round 2:
Charlarn fires at the little creature, but misses high to avoid hitting Nurlan. "Blast it."

Round 3:
The cleric drops his crossbow. "Let me through, Rinaldo." He moves through Rinaldo's square to the space between Tor and Rinaldo (move action), readying his shield (free action as part of the move action) and morningstar (move action) as he passes. He stands between Nurlan and the newcomer. "Who are you?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases