M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 1

"I'm not sure. Horses?"

Somac continues forward. The goblins are already aware of their presence. He and his comrades may not have the element of surprise, but hopefully they can confront the rest of the enemy before it has a chance to organize a coherant defense.

"We'll soon find out, Grendath willing."

Manzanita

First Post
Somac (knowledge nature DR 16+1 success) deems the smell similar to wolves or dogs.

Rounding the bend, the elf and the barbarian see another small room, about 15' by 15'. Again there is straw crates and barrels carelessly strewn about the edges. An open door is on the East wall, and a passage heads out on the south, a few feet west of where they enter.

The two goblins are evident, they are speaking animatedly, but in hushed tones. Each holds a loaded crossbow. Gunyon, her friendliness towards Nurlan never extending to the rest of the party, raises her weapon to fire. Her male companion does likewise. They are about 10 feet away, partially concealed by a couple wooden crates.

Initiative:Tenebryn, goblins, Somac, Ashnar.

The rest of the party are currently too far to engage. Ashnar is about 30 feet behind Tenebryn and Somac.

Erekose13

Explorer
Speaking in goblin, Tenebrynn says, "Put your weapons down. Everyone else in this entire garrison is dead, the fight is over." Yet in Common he says to the others, "If you wanted a chance to use your spell, now is a good time, Ashnar. He stands with his hands ready, delaying until Ashnar has cast his spell before moving in, provided of course the goblins don't just give up.

Manzanita

First Post
Both goblins fire their weapons at the elf. Fortunately, both bolts miss.

OOG: Did I mention I really liked the portrait of Tenebryn. Your wife is very talented, Erekose.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 1

Somac delays until Ashnar casts, then drops his glaive and closes in, drawing his greatsword as he does so. Trying to position himself close to both goblins, he swings at one with his glinting blade.

OOC: Drop weapon as free action, draw weapon as part of move, attack as standard action. If there is a square that Somac can occupy from which he threatens both of the goblins, that's what he does, so he can get in an AoO if either one of them tries to use their crossbows without moving first.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn moves in side-by-side with Somac following the spell, provided once again that the goblins still stand after Ashnar's huge spell.

ooc: thank you muchly, I'll pass on the praise.

Velmont

First Post
"Irene, Charlyn and I will look over Tor and Nurlan. Goblins are poor figther, but they just need one lucky strike to put down on of us. Follow the others."

Rinaldo bring Nurlan inside and place the two wounded in a confortable position. Once he made that, he start to inspect the hobgoblin, trying to find anything anusual or interesting.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Yeah, I'll stay back here. Not much I can do in battle anyway, since I still haven't gotten my spellbook."

Irene sighes as she helps Rinaldo with the wounded ones.

Manzanita

First Post
Ashnar charges forward and unleashes his burning hands. Both manage to dodge behind their crates and take only minimal fire damage. Somac charges in right after the fire. One of the goblins pokes up its head, and Somac's blade sweeps it off its body.

The last goblin, Gunyon, also pokes up her head. Her face shows fear as Tenebryn moves forward with his staff. He wacks her on the side of her head, sending her tumbling limply across the floor.

That battle over, the three forward members of the party hear a growl from the corridor to the south. Down the hallway, a torch burns on the wall, revealing a large wolf barring its fangs. It is the largest wolf any of them have ever seen, as large as a horse. It is about 30 feet away.

Rinaldo checks out the body. Besides the quite valuable full plate armor, the fallen warrior wears a beautiful rich purple cloak. In his pouch he has a bone scroll case. His pick is unusual, being shaped to resembe an anchor. It appears to be of very high quality.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases