M2: The Search for Goblin HQ - Page 71




  1. #701
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita
    The group relaxes somewhat as not further threats appear. Wounded and short several party members, it's nice to have a break from combat. Everyone feels like a good rest and some time to contemplate their experiences would be beneficial.

    Rinaldo sorts through various maps and trinkets, mentally trying to tabulate where he'd sell them and for how much. He's confident he could sell this stuff for several thousand gold if he could get it out of here. Only the silver ingots have an obvious owner. Charlyn and Irene are bound to remember that their old friend Kim Tensil in Monemvassia offered them 1000 gps for the evidence showing goblin involvement in the theft of those silver ingots. Returning them with all the goblin ears and witnesses might be enough.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

 

  • #702
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita

    XP reward 1

    I've decided to go ahead and assign XPs for the adventure thus far. Consider them effective in the morning. (game time is currently about noon.) The group just needs some time to rest and reflect on what they've learned. Go ahead & post your revised CS as soon as you get them done and make a note in this thread, as Nimisgod is the judge for PCs and this adventure. I think everyone will go up a level. Wizards will not get their two new spells as yet, since there's not time to research, but don't forget to add them when you return to the Inn.

    1. Ghouls (6) 1800
    2. Moat house attack:decision making on castle attack 300 Bog(bugbear ran1) 900, 2 hobgoblins 300, 14 goblins 1400
    3. dealing w/captives; decision making regarding pursuit of Irene 300 (Irene interrogation)
    4. 10 zombies 1500 (excludes Irene)
    5. Charming Gunyon and finding Cranzer: 300
    6. Cranzer(5th level cleric hobgoblin) + two goblins 3000
    7. Trapping dire wolf: 300
    8. General good RP and posting rate award: 100 each
    9. Time spend adventuring (thru 02/22/05): 500 each

    1889 XP award for Nurlan, Charlyn, Tenebryn, Tor, Somac, Ashnar, and Rinaldo
    1675 XP award for Irene
    Last edited by Manzanita; Sunday, 13th February, 2005 at 05:44 PM.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #703
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,267

    Ignore Knight Otu
    "I say we rest outside, in a bit of distance - we still have to worry about the returning goblins. My advice would be to gather the important objects, such as the ingots, and leave for Monemvassia to help your friend. After that, we have that island to worry about, where the goblins transported their loot."
    Ashnar looks to Charlarn, to see if the cleric agrees to that.
    Also posts as Ashardalon (here and elsewhere) and as Eques Concordia and Guinea Pig (only elsewhere).

    Semabin ai Harudan, currently hunting goblins.
    Ashnar, currently searching the Peregrine Shard.
    Sedar Spirewalker, Halfling Investigative in Living Eberron.
    Castle Otu *Updated 17/06/07 - Semi-Random Crunch - The Greenjacket*

  • #704
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Steve Jung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Brunswick
    Posts
    3,485

    Ignore Steve Jung

    Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Otu
    "I say we rest outside, in a bit of distance - we still have to worry about the returning goblins. My advice would be to gather the important objects, such as the ingots, and leave for Monemvassia to help your friend. After that, we have that island to worry about, where the goblins transported their loot."
    Ashnar looks to Charlarn, to see if the cleric agrees to that.
    "I agree. Our wounds are too much for me to heal in a single day. We have information that the authorities would want to see. Let's gather the stuff we've found. I can still detect any mystical auras they may have (detect magic)."

    Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1: save DC 13 + level):
    0detect magic, guidance (2), light;
    1bless, detect undead, hide from undead, sanctuary*.
    Last edited by Steve Jung; Sunday, 13th February, 2005 at 06:22 PM.

  • #705
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita
    Charlyn's detect magic spell finds magic in the purple cloak and the anchor shaped pick.

    The group gathers what small items they can, given they also must carry two unconscious companions, and retraces their steps back up to the fort. They figure they can go down again for the rug, and the fancier silver items.

    When they emerge into the courtyard of the moat house above, they find Thain the dwarf, and Philo and Bombadil loading a wagon. They have a drafthorse eating nearby, ready to get hooked up to pull it. They've loaded a keg of water, several bottles of wine, a crate of food, a small arsonal of weapons, and a few valuable pieces of silver tableware they've found.

    "Wow!" says Philo. "You survived. No sign of the returning caravan yet. We're getting all ready to go. How'd it go down there?"
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #706
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    On the way back, Rinaldo take back his immovable rob that he has used on the way.

    "Somac, Ashnar, I suggest to quickly go back down here to take the carpet, and anything we can pack. We won't abuse time, do it fast and do only one more travl. There is enough good to raise a little fortune, would be too sad to leave it there, in the hand of some bandits... I fell like I am thinking like my cousin presently... Looting is pretty near stealing, but looting sounds more correct..." adds Rinaldo more for himself than the others "Anyway, I won't go back if someone judge we don't have time..."

    OOC: Rinaldo is now lvl 4 Two more level to gain his first level as a Trader... hope he won't die until then
    Last edited by Velmont; Sunday, 13th February, 2005 at 08:28 PM.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #707
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Steve Jung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Brunswick
    Posts
    3,485

    Ignore Steve Jung

    Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Manzanita
    "Wow!" says Philo. "You survived. No sign of the returning caravan yet. We're getting all ready to go. How'd it go down there?"
    "Thank you for waiting for us. Cranzer is dead, but Tor and Nurlan are badly injured. Help us put them on the wagon. Do we have time to gather some more items from down below?"

    Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1: save DC 13 + level):
    0detect magic, guidance (2), light;
    1bless, detect undead, hide from undead, sanctuary*.

  • #708
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita
    "Well, the caravan didn't come this morning, so it probably won't come til next morning. It usually arrives in the morning, you see. But the sooner we leave this place the better." says Philo.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #709
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Steve Jung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Brunswick
    Posts
    3,485

    Ignore Steve Jung

    Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Manzanita
    "Well, the caravan didn't come this morning, so it probably won't come til next morning. It usually arrives in the morning, you see. But the sooner we leave this place the better." says Philo.
    "I understand. But, we may not come back here after the caravan returns." He turns to the others. "A couple of us should stay up here, in case the caravan gets here early. Don't forget the silver bricks. We'll need them to get Kim out of jail. Somac, Ashnar, do you want to go back down there? If so, watch yourselves. there might be other goblins we've missed."

    If they go back, Charlarn will use protective ward (protection domain ability: +2 on the next saving throw or until an hour passes, whichever comes first) on Somac. "Somac hold still for a second. Receive the blessing of Lady Phyrah."
    Last edited by Steve Jung; Monday, 14th February, 2005 at 06:49 AM.

  • #710
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Vigwyn the Unruly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL (really Naperville)
    Posts
    1,343

    Ignore Vigwyn the Unruly

    Somac: Male Human Bbn 1

    Somac prepares to go back down to the dungeon level with Ashnar and carry out some more items of value. He has no qualms about looting this place; these items belong in the hands of good people, not goblin filth.

    He does feel a little sorry for the big wolf, but doesn't see how it could be freed without posing a threat to the party.

    Somac bows his head as he receives the blessing from Charlarn. "Thank you," he says respectfully.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 71 of 131 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. New Goblin: Goblin Fleshraiser
      By Pennarin in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Wednesday, 6th August, 2008, 05:46 PM
    2. Goblin swarm! Every pregen vs. every type of goblin
      By WampusCat43 in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Friday, 25th April, 2008, 07:32 PM
    3. The Goblin King humiliates Bayne and frees the goblin slaves.
      By SableWyvern in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 29th March, 2002, 04:57 AM
    4. Replies: 3
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th March, 2002, 04:07 AM
    5. Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th March, 2002, 10:23 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •