M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
Here’s a run down of the party’s treasure so far. Monemvassia is a thriving city, and identify spells can be purchased for the standard price of 125 gps. (or appropriate pearls for 100 gps).

The 1200 gps worth of goods you’ve taken will probably need to be converted to cash. Normally you could sell them for ½ retail, but since Rinaldo is a merchant, he could probably do better. I’m open to suggestion as to how to handle that.

Treasure (theoretical retail value in gps)
heavy pick, anchor shaped (?)
Purple cloak (?)
Scroll of create undead (1650)
Full Plate Armor (1,500)
Masterwork +2 mighty long composite bow (600)
Scroll of Remove Disease (375)
Masterwork Heavy Crossbow (350) (currently w/Nurlan)
Masterwork Long Sword (315)
Masterwork studded leather armor (175) (currently w/Somac)
1200 gps loot in goods
350 gps from goblin ears
500 gps from Kim Tensil

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
I’m going to do a bit of narration here, to speed things along.

The group returns the Monemvassia.

Wait... is my character conscious? I've been waiting until Nurlan regained consciousness, which I assumed would have been first thing in the morning with the help of Phyrah's healing as channelled through Charlarn. Nurlan would have disagreed with the plan on a copule of counts, but I didn't want to say anything until he had a chance to speak for himself.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's response on rising in the morning went something like this:

Nurlan opens his eyes and looks around him. When last he was conscious he had been in a dark corridor in a goblin dungeon fighting a sinister creature. He looks out in the open air, sees Charlarn standing over him and instantly realizes that, for the third time, he has been brought back from death's doorstep by Phyrah's grace. He expresses his gratitude the best way he knows to express gratitude to the goddess of music: with a song. In this case, a short one-stanza hymn about how joyous it is just to be alive. (Perform: 14+9=23)

He then asks what happened. The others update him. He is a little wistful but not surprised to hear that Gunyon had to be killed. So innocent, such a childlike naivete, he recalls, even though in the back of his mind he had always known that she was with The Enemy. He is, however, surprised to learn that the group is already heading to town.

"What about Jezibel?" he asks. "We need to establish that she is connected to the goblins. The authorities in Monemvassia already know that goblins stole the silver; it was the City Watch Captain who told us that. But it's only by proving that Jezibel is involved with them that we can show that she framed Kim."

Assuming his companions object, he continues, "Well, if we must go back, shouldn't Tenebrynn, Charlarn and I wait outside? We're fugitives from justice. Kim was hoping he could clear things up with Captain Benjamin and get us off the hook, but we don't know if he succeeded. If he didn't, then the three of us are all facing criminal charges, and we've jumped bail to boot. Maybe Irene could take the rest of you to Kim's place, you could cash in the ears, and Kim or Botha could update you. If they tell you it's safe for us, you can come get us."

OOC: If we want to decide that Nurlan was overruled, and we went straight to Monemvassia, I'd at least like to know on what grounds other party members argued for that plan. It seems that we did return to Monemvassia, and that we aren't facing rearrest. In that case, as soon as we arrive Nurlan will ask Kim whether the three of us are facing continuing legal difficulties, or if it's only Kim at this point.

Manzanita

First Post
Sorry if I jumped the gun on the group's actions. You can still change your mind on it. I don't think I gave all that much away by my last couple posts...

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

orsal said:
He expresses his gratitude the best way he knows to express gratitude to the goddess of music: with a song. In this case, a short one-stanza hymn about how joyous it is just to be alive. (Perform: 14+9=23)
Charlarn grins, "A wonderful performance, Nurlan. I was worried about you for a bit. I'm glad to see you've bounced back well."
orsal said:
"What about Jezibel?" he asks. "We need to establish that she is connected to the goblins. The authorities in Monemvassia already know that goblins stole the silver; it was the City Watch Captain who told us that. But it's only by proving that Jezibel is involved with them that we can show that she framed Kim."
"Well, I'll go back with you to look for her. We weren't in any shape to face the returning caravan. Although I don't know if she'll wait around her hideout after we cleared it out.

Manzanita

First Post
For what its worth, both the magic items the group has found are rather distinctive. I took the liberty of rolling Nurlan's bardic knowedge check for them, as I assumed he would take some time to look at them. He has no recollection of hearing of an anchor shaped pick, but after inspecting the purple cloak, he recalls the following.

The purple cloak bears the initials FAJ, and is the same hue as the official flag of Monemvassia. This is surely the one originally created about 100 years ago for the royal duke Ferdinand Ajax Jara. This duke was the admiral of the navy in his day, and successfully kept the shipping lanes free of pirates for several decades. Despite his success, he was always somewhat timid, and requisitioned the cloak to increase his control over his sailors. Ferdinand was lost at sea at the ripe old age of 60. There was no bad weather, and it’s not clear how he met his end. It is a cloak of Charisma, probably of the minor type, +2.

Velmont

First Post
Manzanita said:
The 1200 gps worth of goods you’ve taken will probably need to be converted to cash. Normally you could sell them for ½ retail, but since Rinaldo is a merchant, he could probably do better. I’m open to suggestion as to how to handle that.

OOC: Officially, there is no rules that would allow me to sell at better price (that will be handle by the Trader PrC that has been approved, but it will be in a few level), but I suppose that if I have some time, you could allow me to do a Profession(Merchant) check and house rule the result...

For now, back in time near the fire...

"Well, Somac, Tor, Ashnar and I are not wanted. We can go top the authorities and explain the situation. I think they will change there mind with all that. And I can be convincing when needed."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I have no idea how I could have forgotten that miserable time we spent wrongfully imprisonned. Yes indeed we must remain outside the city until we can make sure the charges have been waved. Irene, can you free Kim and find out for us?" replies Tenebrynn as they discuss plans prior to arriving in Monemvassia.

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
"Well, Somac, Tor, Ashnar and I are not wanted. We can go top the authorities and explain the situation. I think they will change there mind with all that. And I can be convincing when needed."

Nurlan suppresses a chuckle. "From what I've heard, if you're up against the Guild, no amount of persuading is going to help. Unless it's persuading like --" (he rubs his right thumb against his index and middle fingers) "which the Guild has more of than any of us. Persuade the Guild, not the authorities, and then the authorities would follow. And the person to persuade the Guild for us is Kim Tensil. He said he would try to do that -- maybe already has. But I'd rather not pass through the city gates until I know.

"The big question, though, is do we go back to the fortress, to ambush the returning party in the hope of catching Jezibel, or do we go to Monemvassia first? I'm worried that if the goblins and Jezibel return and find the carnage we have wrought, they'll be better prepared for us next time. On the other hand, I'm not sure how well prepared we are for them."

(OOC: How much have we, especially Tor and Nurlan, been healed?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases