M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan is relieved to learn that he is no longer facing criminal charges, and further relieved to see that Irene was able to enter the city gates not once but twice without a burly ill-tempered guard with a fragile ego threatening to kill her.

Velmont said:
"We have a lots of good, I suggest, if we are not in a hurry, to give me a day to sell all this and to better prepare ourselves. With the money, we will be able to have better equipement, and maybe even some scolls, as I've seen some caster using many of them. And I would like to have more than one potion for myself."

"That sounds good. I am sure we all have a few things we would like to buy with our new spending money."

Gurdjieff

First Post
OoC: Irene will be updated soon. I'm quite ill at this time, lots of headache and need of sleep, but I'll try and finish her soon.

Erekose13

Explorer
"A days rest would be nice. I can sit and scribe out a few more scrolls which have come in mighty handy so far I must say. After that we can head back and try to track Jezibel down again. I believe there was another route from the fort that might have lead to the island." says Tenebrynn who is looking forward to a little break.

orsal

LEW Judge
Flashback: When Nurlan had a chance to look over the treasure, he commented on it.

"Who wants any of this? I'll keep the bow I've been using. That other bow looks potent; a strong warrior could put it to use effectively. With a little more martial training I might try it, but probably someone else could use it more effectively. Anything none of us wants, we should sell while we're in town, and maybe use the profits for some more equipment."

When he comes to the cloak, he pauses upon seeing the monogram. "FAJ -- Holy Antonidas' beard! This must be the cloak worn by Duke Ferdinand Ajax Jara. It was reputed to be magically enchanted to enhance the wearer's leadership powers, gives him more of an air of authority. The old Duke thought it helped him command his navy more effectively. We probably shouldn't sell it. I'd be inclined to turn it over to his heirs, if I knew heirs to turn it over to. By what we heard in the tavern, the politics of the ruling dynasty is a little too messy to get involved with. Maybe we could find a use for it."

He then tries the cloak on, remarking, [color]"You know, the same kind of qualities that make for a good leader, or a persuasive negotiator, also help a stage performer impress an audience. I wonder if this would make me sing better."[/color] While wearing the cloak, he belts out a stanza of the classic Behold your lord and master! (Perform check: 17+10=27, assuming the cloak is +2.)

Manzanita said:
Here’s a run down of the party’s treasure so far. Monemvassia is a thriving city, and identify spells can be purchased for the standard price of 125 gps. (or appropriate pearls for 100 gps).

The 1200 gps worth of goods you’ve taken will probably need to be converted to cash. Normally you could sell them for ½ retail, but since Rinaldo is a merchant, he could probably do better. I’m open to suggestion as to how to handle that.

Treasure (theoretical retail value in gps)
heavy pick, anchor shaped (?)
Purple cloak (?)
Scroll of create undead (1650)
Full Plate Armor (1,500)
Masterwork +2 mighty long composite bow (600)
Scroll of Remove Disease (375)
Masterwork Heavy Crossbow (350) (currently w/Nurlan)
Masterwork Long Sword (315)
Masterwork studded leather armor (175) (currently w/Somac)
1200 gps loot in goods
350 gps from goblin ears
500 gps from Kim Tensil

Velmont

First Post
"You said negotiation... I could use such a cloak too, but I am saving some money to start a magical shop, so I could just take my share on the money. And I think some more protective gear would help me, dunno what more yet... Anyway, before spending money, I need to know how much I have to spend. It is never good to spend money you don't have."

orsal

LEW Judge
Velmont said:
"You said negotiation... I could use such a cloak too, but I am saving some money to start a magical shop, so I could just take my share on the money. And I think some more protective gear would help me, dunno what more yet... Anyway, before spending money, I need to know how much I have to spend. It is never good to spend money you don't have."

Nurlan thinks for a moment. "That's an idea. Why don't you wear the cloak while you sell the stuff we don't want? You might be able to negotiate a better price. Then when we see how much money we have we can figure out how best to spend it. And when we return to the goblin lair, it should go on...hmmm, who is most likely to be speaking to them? We didn't do much speaking on our last foray, apart from my little talk with Gunyon. They don't seem a bunch to be spoken to, just whacked."

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan suspects wearing the cloak in Monemvassia would be risky. Others might recognize it, and the party might risk having it consficated.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Hmm. none of the items really interest me, so a cut of the treasure would work just fine. With eight of us I am sure we can split this up nice and evenly." says Tenebrynn when the discussion turns to splitting the treasure.

[ooc: how are we going to run treasure splitting? I usually see it as two options:
1. add up the market price of everything, divide as evenly as possible, with those taking items deducting that from their share.
2. hand out the items and then split the money value eight ways evenly. Those that didnt get items get first pick next time.
In addition the following things usually come out of party treasure before splitting:
1. identify all magic items.
2. buy a healing potion for each person to lighten the cure burden from clerics.]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
"I, too, think we should stay in town long enough to regroup and convert our treasure to gold," the barbarian weighs in. "If we'll be here a few days, perhaps we can find some lodging better than a warehouse. We've earned it, and it doesn't look like any of us are wanted anymore, so we don't need to hide out."

OOC: Somac will speak for the studded leather armor. Somac is in agreement with Tenebrynn's suggestions, but would lobby for the party to buy at least 2 CLW potions per PC.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I am fine with a share of the money as well. Should my share be sizable enough, I would like to see if I can purchase the proper paraphernalia for the rites to petition for a familiar. From the descriptions my mentor gave me, they should be available, though I may have to visit several stores for them."

That necromantic scroll could have been useful later, but according to Charlarn, it is divine in nature. Besides, asking for it would create unneccesary attention. Sometimes people tend to be too close-minded in that regard.
The cloak, if it is what Nurlan says, would have been useful as well, but not as useful as it would be on Nurlan or Rinaldo.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases