M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Manzanita

First Post
After the second day in Monemvassia, everyone is fully healed. Rinaldo sells the recovered goods. He is somewhat dissapointed with his final profits, netting only 60% of his estimated retail value. (720 gps).

Scrolls prepared the group seems ready to set out. Kim Tensil offers a pallet in his warehouse for anything the group doesn't want to take with them, but will return for. He's hoping you can bring back Jezibel alive.

I drew up a little matrix bell curve from 40% to 110% for Rinaldo's profits. He didn't roll particularly well. (a 7 on a D20). It looks like only the MW studded leather and the MW heavy crossbow have been claimed. I'll assume everything else remains at Kim's warehouse if no one claims it. If you wanted to sell any of that stuff, let me know & I'll reroll Rinaldo's trade check.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I'll would vote to sell now everything that hasn't been claimed,as the money will be more usefull. Personally, I claim nothing.

And Manz: The cloak too has been caimed. Anyone want a magical weapon? Do we identify it?

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Should we ID the pick from party funds? Only Tor, Ashnar, and Nurlan can use martial weapons, right? "Rinaldo, go ahead and sell the items. The sooner we get back to the lair, the better."

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
Should we ID the pick from party funds? Only Tor, Ashnar, and Nurlan can use martial weapons, right? "Rinaldo, go ahead and sell the items. The sooner we get back to the lair, the better."

OOC: Tor, Somac and Tenebrynn can use martial weapons. Nurlan and Rinaldo each have a few martial weapons on their class list, but not picks.

Nurlan will agree to selling the not-already-claimed trophies. As for identifying, he'll defer to Rinaldo's judgement. If Rinaldo thinks that knowing the specs will probably increase the price he can haggle for by at least the cost of the spell, it makes sense.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Though it is not my personal choice of weapons, I will take the anchor pick if no one else lays claim to it. Perhaps I can try to understand the magic that went into creating it and transfer it to my staff here." says Tenebrynn not wanting the staff to 'go public' much like the cloak he suspects the anchor-like pick has some significance in Monemvassia.

orsal

LEW Judge
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
Somac, having accomplished all he desires to in the city, prepares to set off with his comrades.

"Nothing you wanted to buy while we're in town? Maybe a better weapon, or some magic potions? I think there's a lot we could get. I bet I could learn to use a healing wand, if it's OK with everyone to splurge on one. What do you all say?"

OOC: If Rinaldo gets 60% for the unclaimed equipment, just like for the other goods, I figure we'll have a total of close to 4000 gp to spend. Nurlan won't push for the wand if other people feel he's getting more than his share, but it is less bulky and faster to use than potions for everyone.

Manzanita

First Post
I'll get a post here soon as to what you get by selling the rest of the loot. If you want to identify the pick, feel free. 125 gps. Likewise, wands and potions of CLW are standard price. Feel free to go ahead & post on your actions the next morning. RL is keeping my RP tight right now, but I'll get the sales post in soon.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

orsal said:
"Nothing you wanted to buy while we're in town? Maybe a better weapon, or some magic potions? I think there's a lot we could get. I bet I could learn to use a healing wand, if it's OK with everyone to splurge on one. What do you all say?"
"I could use a chain shirt. That pick went through my leather like it was nothing. As far as a healing wand, I believe that would be a wise choice. Based on how quickly I used my prayers last time, we would be able to stay out much longer. Is anyone else leaving items behind? I don't think I'll be needing my vestments or winter blanket out there." He gives a quick smile.

OOC: Leaving Charlarn's cleric vestments and winter blanket at the warehouse.

Remove ads