M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Rinaldo will only buy a potion of CLW and save the remaining of the amount for now.

"Well, identifying the items can be a double edge sword, it canb prove to be useless or fake aura, but if it is a good one, it would allow me to have more easier time to figure the true price and get as much out of it."

Manzanita

First Post
Decide if you want to identify the pick. Decide if you want to buy a wand of CLW. Are you heading back for the moathouse in the morning?

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Manzanita said:
Decide if you want to identify the pick. Decide if you want to buy a wand of CLW. Are you heading back for the moathouse in the morning?
OOC: I say yes to all of the above.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Yep, sounds good. Still here, just kind of waited to see if Ashnar could buy the stuff for familiar summoning. Otherwise he'd have mingled with the people of the city a bit more.)

orsal

LEW Judge
Knight Otu said:
(Yep, sounds good. Still here, just kind of waited to see if Ashnar could buy the stuff for familiar summoning. Otherwise he'd have mingled with the people of the city a bit more.)

I assumed that was approved -- nobody objected, and the request was waiting long enough that anyone might put on the brakes.

I think that while we're in town we're making the following expenditures out of group funds:
Tenebrynn's scroll materials (87.5 GP)
Ashnar's familiar ritual (100 GP)
Charlarn's scroll materials (62.5 GP)
Tenebrynn's identify spell (125 GP)
Charlarn's chain shirt (100 GP)
Rinaldo's CLW potion (50 GP)
Nurlan's CLW wand (750 GP)
... leaving somewhere between 2000 and 3000 GP, as soon as Manzanita determines how much we get for the rest of the loot. Anyone else have any moderately expensive ideas? As in, people who haven't gotten as big a share as, oh, my character? ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita roundup

OK. The party pays for the items listed by Orsal. The pick turns out to be a +1 heavy pick, Aquatic Humanoid Bane. Rinaldo suspects he could sell this for something like 8000 gps in a city as dependent on maratime trade as Monemvassia.

Rinaldo does sell the scrolls, the full plate, the MW longsword, and the MW +2 mighty long composite bow (are you sure no one wants this?) for 3072 gps. The party then shells out 1275 for gear. (Thank you, Orsal, for summing that up with prices - big help to me). Combine these with the 850 gps from Kim and the ears, and the 720 gps gained from the sale of captured goblin goods, for 3367 gps of loot, or 420.88 for each of the party's members. (Tell me if my math is wrong.)

Manzanita

First Post
The return

The party sets off the next morning from Monemvassia feeling well rested and equiped. For all the negative experiences the party had on their first visit, this one was generally pleasurable. The surly gate guards were still there, but no bad encounters with them or other city officials occure. Kim is reassured by the party's success and continued interest in capturing Jezibel. "Bring her back alive, if at all possible." he pleads.

The journey to the moat house is uneventful. No new tracks or goblins are encountered. When the moathouse is reached, it appears deserted. Clearly some forces have been here since the party left. The detrius in the entrance has been shoved aside. Food and weapons are missing from the stores. On the front door, which hangs open is a sign, painted on a board, in different colors. (attached.)

Attachments

• sign.JPG
    sign.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 143

Remove ads