M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3

Vigwyn the Unruly said:
Somac will take the point or rear, whatever the cleric directs. He has no mount. He will travel with no weapons drawn, but will keep his eyes and ears peeled (using Spot and Listen).
"Somac, please lead the group. Keep your wits about you. Goblins and the walking dead may still lurk on our path. Tor, keep watch at our back. An ambush can come from anywhere. I'll stay near the front, the wizards should stay near the middle."

OOC: Charlarn was going to pay for the chain shirt out of his share, not the group fund, honest. Can he sell his studded leather armor back, or does someone else need it?

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
OOC: Charlarn was going to pay for the chain shirt out of his share, not the group fund, honest. Can he sell his studded leather armor back, or does someone else need it?

OOC: Does it matter? Since we haven't divided up the pile of gold, all appropriations are provisional. At the end of the adventure, we can probably figure out who is keeping what, and allot liquid assets accordingly. I expect all purchases which haven't been used up will then be considered personal, by whoever is keeping the item.

Manzanita

First Post
Journey's end

The party camps near the moathouse, and heads on towards the ocean. The day passes uneventfully. The trail is fairly smooth, taking an efficient route through the hig hills. It was more likely surveyed by dwarves than goblins.

In late afternoon, the party gets the first whiff of ocean air. The land flattens, and the party gets glimpses of the sea. They are walking/riding along a narrow gorge. Scattered trees dot the hills around them, and a large boulder lies directly ahead. To their right and left, the ground slopes steeply up. Suddenly a loud wail is heard, like a nearby horn. It sounds like it's coming from ahead, though neither Rinaldo, nor Somac see the source.

Steve Jung

Explorer

Manzanita said:
They are walking/riding along a narrow gorge. Scattered trees dot the hills around them, and a large boulder lies directly ahead. To their right and left, the ground slopes steeply up. Suddenly a loud wail is heard, like a nearby horn. It sounds like it's coming from ahead, though neither Rinaldo, nor Somac see the source.
Charlarn readies his shield. "Should we go ahead around the boulder. I don't like being in this gorge."

OOC: I was kidding about the source of the funds to buy the chain shirt. But I didn't realize we weren't dividing anything up back at town. :)

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn on the back of his horse casts mage armor after the horn sounds, then dismounts preferring to fight with his feet firmly on the ground.

"Yes, lets get out of here an ambush here would be disasterous.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 2

"Grendath!" the barbarian curses to himself. "Are my eyes failing me?"

The barbarian prepares to move with the others around the rock. He draws his bow, and redoubles his efforts to Spot any enemies.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan dismounts (move action) as he begins singing:

"The best goblin is a dead goblin, it's so plain to see.
A dead goblin can't do anything to hurt you or me.
No midnight raids, no robberies,
No warfare, and no killing sprees
The best goblin is a dead goblin, won't you agree?"

(inspire courage, standard action to commence)

He'll draw his crossbow next round as he moves forward with the rest of the group.

Manzanita

First Post
The sea

The party rushes around the boulder and finally sees the sea. About 30 feet past the boulder the hard ground gives way to white sand. Another 50 feet or so, and the party would reach the lapping waves. Ahead lies a beautiful secluded cove. It is rimmed on both sides by high rocks. The sun shines brightly on the azure waters. Scattered trees lend shade here and there. Two thatch huts sit a dozen or so feet off to either side of where the path meets the beach. It would be a great place to relax. A great place if not for the presense of a massive armored figure on the beach, clutching a huge crossbow. Beisde the monstrosity stands a lithe human, with flowing coppery hair trailing into the breeze. Their heads are turned towards the party, but before the horn sounded, perhaps their gaze was towards the water. In the distance a three masted vestle floats, and, closer, a large canoe is being rowed, some minutes away from shore.

Beside the two figures on the beach is a beached canoe, with two goblins squatting next to it. Another item of interest is a catapault, sitting next to the thatch hut to the party's right.

Initiative:
Irene, Somac, Charlyn, Nurlan
opponent 1
Ashnar, Rinaldo, Tenebryn, Tor
opponets, other

Attachments

• beach.JPG
    beach.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 69

Steve Jung

Explorer

Manzanita said:
Beisde the monstrosity stands a lithe human, with flowing coppery hair trailing into the breeze.
"Thank you Searcher, for helping us find Jezibel." Charlarn yells, "Jezibel, surrender to us." Then the cleric touches Tenebrynn with his holy symbol. "Lady Phyrah, shield this man from those who would harm him." A silver aura briefly flares around the wizard. (Casts protection from evil on Tenebrynn; Duration 3 minutes) He applies his Dodge AC bonus against the large creature (AC 18 against it, AC 17 against the others).

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0–detect magic, guidance (2), light;
1–bless, cause fear, protection from evil, sanctuary*;
2-lesser restoration, shield other*, summon monster II.
*Domain spell.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo will take his crossbow and starts to shoots at goblins, first shooting anyone that is coming close the catapult. He will move behind the warriors of the group. If someone enter in melee with the tall guy, he will drop his crossbow and take his rapier and start to feint and attack against the tall guy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases