Computer Help -- svchost.exe is eating up my computer

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
redhawk said:
Hate to say it, but if SVCHOST.EXE is crashing your machine, then you've got one of the Sasser variants. Update your anti-viral medicine and do a full scan.

If it's just bloating, then you've got spyware. Ad-Aware and Spybot will clear that right up for you.

Redhawk
RedHawk, what is happening that his system has limited space to run the daily functions, he has stated before there has been no virus, what is happened, that Kernel configuration is forcing the issue of trying to use what space is left, that is all...the SP2 setup was the 'problem', as his system was being automatically being prepped for the update...I have posted a Knowledge page link on what space is needed for SP2.

RW's system has uploaded it, but the downside, still limited space, which leaves the virtual memory sector to be forced to work in a very, very tight area, and which of course forces the system itself to highly select the very important files to keep system functionally.

This is his troubles... and the fact, he does have a small single digit hard drive, just adds to it.

Last edited:

driver8

First Post
RangerWickett said:
You wanna pay for my new hard drive? I've got no job, and E.N. Publishing ain't exactly paying the bills. If you can get me a job, sure I'll buy a new hard drive, but right now I'm having to ration my tomato sauce and just eat pasta with salt.

Sorry for snapping. I'm going to get to work.

Hehe no need to apologize. Ive been unemployed too. I was sorta harping on the HD.

Anyway, good to know at least that like you said, your machine not totally fubared up.

redhawk

First Post
I was just going by the symptoms mentioned. I understand he's got a severe space crunch, but one of the things Sasser does to you is it lets you be used as someone else's remote storage dump for infected files.

I do tech-support for a living. :)

Redhawk

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
redhawk said:
I was just going by the symptoms mentioned. I understand he's got a severe space crunch, but one of the things Sasser does to you is it lets you be used as someone else's remote storage dump for infected files.

I do tech-support for a living. :)

Redhawk
Any openings???;)

Remove ads