How long did it take your PCs in *real* time to complete the Sunless Citadel advent

How long did it take your PCs in *real* time to complete the Sunless Citadel advent

• 1 month

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • 2 months

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • 3 months

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • 4 months

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 5 months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 months

• 8 months

• 10 months

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 1 year

• 1.5 years

• 2 years

• 3 years

• 4 years

• 5 years (3E ain't been going any longer than this)

Votes: 4 7.8%

dead

Explorer
How long did it take your PCs in *real* time to complete the "Sunless Citadel" adventure path?

(By *real* time I mean actual time *outside* the game. Real time includes running a session once a week in the real world or having to not play for a whole month because work at the office is very busy at the moment.)

The Sunless Citadel (1st to 3rd level)
The Forge of Fury (4th to 5th level)
The Speaker in Dreams (6th to 7th level)
The Standing Stone (8th to 9th level)
Heart of Nightfang Spire (10th to 12th level)
Deep Horizon (13th to 15th level)
Lord of the Iron Fortress (16th to 17th level)
Bastion of Broken Souls (18th to 20th level)

(I think I got the level progression right?)

Capellan

Explorer
Sunless Citadel took ten to twelve weeks, in which time we played six to eight sessions, each of about three hours. It was a little while ago, and I don't remember exactly, but those are rough estimates.

We haven't gone back to do Forge of Fury yet -- had other games to play :)

drakhe

First Post
Long yet short ...

My group took 2 years, but actualy only 11 sessions.
They were all first-timers when we started (maybe one or 2 introductory sesisons before the Citadel proper) and because of very diverging schedules we sometimes played 2 weeks in succesion and then have to wait 2 months before the next available timeslot...

After the Citadel I switcehd to RTTToEE where they are now done with the moathouse and the original temple and on their way to Rastor

Last edited:

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
My group that started the Adventure Path hasn't finished it yet, due to (in a minor way) a few side treks and (in a major way) Real Life (tm) constraints; so I guess I have to choose the 5-year plan.

Shayd3000

First Post
Company of the Unicorn

I started running the 8 module "series" when it first came out. We play every other week, about 4 hours a session, and our games are fairly regular, but factoring some cancelled games we get in around 20 - 22 games a year. We are now on Lord of the Iron Fortress, and just getting ready to wrap it up, and will be moving on to Bastion of Broken Souls. That will end our first 3E campaign, and of course, will mean we're finished with 3.0 too :(. I will say, some of the modules have been great, some have been very poor, but all in all its been a great 5 years so far, and not bad for one campaign. Interestingly enough, two of the characters in the game have survived from level one!

George

:cool:

Aust Diamondew

First Post
dead said:
How long did it take your PCs in *real* time to complete the "Sunless Citadel" adventure path?

(By *real* time I mean actual time *outside* the game. Real time includes running a session once a week in the real world or having to not play for a whole month because work at the office is very busy at the moment.)

The Sunless Citadel (1st to 3rd level)
The Forge of Fury (4th to 5th level)
The Speaker in Dreams (6th to 7th level)
The Standing Stone (8th to 9th level)
Heart of Nightfang Spire (10th to 12th level)
Deep Horizon (13th to 15th level)
Lord of the Iron Fortress (16th to 17th level)
Bastion of Broken Souls (18th to 20th level)

(I think I got the level progression right?)

Oops I just read the title of the post and thought you meant the 1st the 3rd level one. That one only took less than 1 month I think. We never did any of the others.

Remove ads