Cha to attack and/or damage??

Matafuego

Explorer
I was considering to allow a Cha to attack or/and Cha to damage weapon in my "almost" epic game.
I know about the Snowflake Flashdance thingy that gives your bard a Cha to attack bonus...
Is there any other feat / weapon enhancement that allows anything like this?
Prestige Class?

Thanks a lot =)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Matafuego said:
Is there any other feat / weapon enhancement that allows anything like this?

Divine Might feat, either DotF (3E) or Complete Warrior (3.5) version.
Divine Shield, DotF (3E) version.

-Hyp.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
I'd love to see a feat/item that granted Cha as a continuous deflection bonus, such as some fey have.

Cha to attack would be nice. Smite Evil is the only ability that grants it that I know of.

Cha bonus to damage is, as Hyp already mentioned, Divine Might.

Cha bonus AC is, as Hyp mentioned, Divine Shield.

There's apparently a special quality in the Upcoming Libris Mortis called Unholy Toughness, that grants +cha bonus in hit points per Hit Die to certain evil undead. It'd be great if there were a Holy Toughness as well, though I'm not sure if there is atm.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Lord Pendragon said:
Cha bonus AC is, as Hyp mentioned, Divine Shield.

No, no. I'm talking the DotF version, where Divine Shield (as well as giving Cha bonus as an enhancement bonus to the shield's armor bonus) gives your Cha bonus as an enhancement bonus to attack and damage.

It's really fun having a +1 Defending Shield, and turning it into a +9/+9 Defending Shield, and shifting all the weapon enhancement over to AC, for a shield that increases your AC by 20 points for a decent-length combat...

-Hyp.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
It's really fun having a +1 Defending Shield, and turning it into a +9/+9 Defending Shield, and shifting all the weapon enhancement over to AC, for a shield that increases your AC by 20 points for a decent-length combat...
Nice. I think I'm going to ask my DM if I can use 3.0 Divine Shield. It just might make using a shield the defensive equivalent of Power Attack for offense. :)

Edit: D'oh! 3.0 Divine Shield requires Improved Shield Bash. Only it requires the 3.0 Improved Shield Bash and not the 3.5 Improved Shield Bash....

Err...I think I'll stick with 3.5 Divine Shield. Too much trouble mixing 3.0 and 3.5.

(That +20 AC still makes me tingle, though. :D)

Last edited:

FireLance

Legend
Lord Pendragon said:
There's apparently a special quality in the Upcoming Libris Mortis called Unholy Toughness, that grants +cha bonus in hit points per Hit Die to certain evil undead. It'd be great if there were a Holy Toughness as well, though I'm not sure if there is atm.
Lay on Hands is effectively that, although it requires a standard action to activate. The ability to use Lay on Hands on himself as an immediate action would make a good high-level paladin class feature.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
FireLance said:
Lay on Hands is effectively that, although it requires a standard action to activate. The ability to use Lay on Hands on himself as an immediate action would make a good high-level paladin class feature.
You know I'd never thought of it that way, but you're right. And I agree that allowing its use personally as an Immediate action at higher levels would be a nifty ability. Let's hope the designers are listening. :p

Darklone

Called to Grace or something similar... a paladin upgrade pdf... had something like Lay on hands as a ME action IIRC.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
FireLance said:

There's also a difference in that instant healing doesn't help you against a Power Word, for example, that affects creatures with below X hit points.

-Hyp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases