how do you calculate BAB, Initative, Fort, Reflex and Will?

kirinke

First Post
how do you calculate
BAB
Initative
Fort
Reflex
Will

and for AC
TOUCH
FLATFOOTED

I usually use a character generator for this, but would like to know how to do it manually.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For BAB, Reflex, Fort, and Will saves:

Each character has levels in classes. There is a table for each class, giving the BAB and saves they have at each level. You simply add the BAB and base saves from each class the character has.

For Reflex saves, you also add in the dex bonus. For Fortitude, you add in Constitution bonus. For Will saves, you add in the character's wisdom bonus.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
As for AC, touch is its (full AC) - (any armor or natural armor bonus),

Well it seems this Q did come in handy afterall - I always thought natural armour stayed and Touch was full AC - Armour (oops :confused: )

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
kirinke said:
how do you calculate
BAB
Initative
Fort
Reflex
Will

and for AC
TOUCH
FLATFOOTED

I usually use a character generator for this, but would like to know how to do it manually.
I must admit I'm confused. Don't you have a PHB or SRD?

Felon

First Post
If a class or creature has a good saving throw, it's equal to 1/2 HD +2. So a 6th-level fighter has a +5 base Fortitude save.

A bad saving throw is equal to 1/3 HD.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
Of course, we're assuming he is talking about a character. Maybe he is talking about building something from scratch. Then again he could be totally new to D&D. It is kind of a mysterious post. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
kirinke said:

someone buy this girl a PHB please. :D

it's always good to know how things work manually.

there are different ways to calculate each of those things. if you could provide some examples, we could probably answer your questions better.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases