OOC: City of the Spider Queen [Full]

Dakkareth

First Post
Currently I'm considering a human necromancer, lawful neutral and mainly interested in the workings of life and the mysteries of undeath. He's currently in the Wanderjahr mandatory to students at his academy and thus wandering about with different groups of adventurers, seeking to broaden his horizon.

His 'trademark' is a set of three grey scars on his left cheek going from temple through the eye to the chin, curtesy of a greater shadow he met in the academy's final test. CLosing his healthy eye he can see the auras of the living and undead as per detect living/undead in the third round and general features like walls; detailed sight is not possible.

(first draft, more later)

Rayex

First Post
Dakkareth said:
His 'trademark' is a set of three grey scars on his left cheek going from temple through the eye to the chin, curtesy of a greater shadow he met in the academy's final test. CLosing his healthy eye he can see the auras of the living and undead as per detect living/undead in the third round and general features like walls; detailed sight is not possible.

Sounds great! Just what I was aiming at!

Last edited:

DemonAtheist

First Post
i would like to fill the theif role

I'm thinking a tiefling ranger (with a level of rogue for trapfinding) that in his childhood ran from his -filled village into the woods to get away from the misunderstanding and on-sight mistrust. After years in the forests, this became a general mistrust of people in general, not just humans. What companionship he had was from animals only, so he feels a bond with nearly all animals and will do nearly anything to protect them from the cruelty of humans and others.

As such, while not necessarily evil, he isn't good either. Animals are at the top of his priorities, then self preservation, and everything else fights for third. Also, while he mistrusts everyone, he is not incapable of it, but it would take much in the way of time to gain this status.

As to why he is a rogue...he has some experience having to sneak into villages unnoticed, to steal tools, food, and a tankard of ale every once in a while. This has given him a good amount

As to special ability...because of his extraplanar origins, he kept some of the telepath that demons have naturally. However, this manifested itself as an ability to speak telepathically will ANIMALS within 100 feet, and to have them speak back if they choose, even if they cannot normally speak telepathically. This would function as a constant speak with animals spell with no verbal communication. He has to be aware of the animal and cannot simply speak out with his mind. The animal, however, has no choice on whether to hear the message, only whether to respond or not.

I can give you more background info if you want, and i can also give you that level by level run down of the character, but since no one posted that i figured id wait for a go sign.

hope this is what you wanted!

Rayex

First Post
DemonAtheist said:
i would like to fill the theif role

I'm thinking a tiefling ranger (with a level of rogue for trapfinding) that in his childhood ran from his -filled village into the woods to get away from the misunderstanding and on-sight mistrust. After years in the forests, this became a general mistrust of people in general, not just humans. What companionship he had was from animals only, so he feels a bond with nearly all animals and will do nearly anything to protect them from the cruelty of humans and others.

As such, while not necessarily evil, he isn't good either. Animals are at the top of his priorities, then self preservation, and everything else fights for third. Also, while he mistrusts everyone, he is not incapable of it, but it would take much in the way of time to gain this status.

As to why he is a rogue...he has some experience having to sneak into villages unnoticed, to steal tools, food, and a tankard of ale every once in a while. This has given him a good amount

As to special ability...because of his extraplanar origins, he kept some of the telepath that demons have naturally. However, this manifested itself as an ability to speak telepathically will ANIMALS within 100 feet, and to have them speak back if they choose, even if they cannot normally speak telepathically. This would function as a constant speak with animals spell with no verbal communication. He has to be aware of the animal and cannot simply speak out with his mind. The animal, however, has no choice on whether to hear the message, only whether to respond or not.

I can give you more background info if you want, and i can also give you that level by level run down of the character, but since no one posted that i figured id wait for a go sign.

hope this is what you wanted!

Looks good. However, you'll lack sorely when it comes to trap-disabling, considering you're the partys thief... You might consider using the 5 gestalt levels for ranger/rogue. Only a suggestion though.

silentspace

First Post
Rayex, a question about the Gestalt levels... Does that mean, DemonAtheist can be Ranger 10/Rogue 5, at a class level of 10?

Also, how about you give us a choice between a rolled set of stats and point buy? :D

Edit: I mean, can you roll a set of stats for us then let us choose between that and point buy?

Last edited:

I've been playing with ideas more...an I think I'm going to stat up a Water Genasi Cleric of Istishia. I doubt I'll lean towards Dracolyte with this one, but its possible. I'll get this statted up and background/etc in a little while...probably later tonight, but might be tommorrow.

Rayex

First Post
silentspace said:
Rayex, a question about the Gestalt levels... Does that mean, DemonAtheist can be Ranger 10/Rogue 5, at a class level of 10?

Also, how about you give us a choice between a rolled set of stats and point buy? :D

Edit: I mean, can you roll a set of stats for us then let us choose between that and point buy?

Yes. He'll have 5 levels of Ranger/Rogue, and 5 levels of Ranger (or a prestige class if he wants)

As for the stats, yes again. I did this in another game, and 2 of 4 chose just to go with the point buy (have no idea why!), but I'll roll, and if you'd rather go with point buy, its up to you. I will roll different for each of you, so some differences between you are bound to happen. Statwise, that is.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Rayex said:
Yes. He'll have 5 levels of Ranger/Rogue, and 5 levels of Ranger (or a prestige class if he wants)

As for the stats, yes again. I did this in another game, and 2 of 4 chose just to go with the point buy (have no idea why!), but I'll roll, and if you'd rather go with point buy, its up to you. I will roll different for each of you, so some differences between you are bound to happen. Statwise, that is.

Cool! Could you roll stats for me then? :)

Remove ads