Rokugan: Blood and Cherry Blossoms OOC

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Hmm.... it's tough to say at this stage of planning. One thing I know for certain is that the characters are not going to be limited to any one clan; they can be from the clan of the player's choosing.

I am not really certain about starting level just yet, so the best thing I could say is that if anyone wants to get a jump start, then perhaps start brainstorming for their character backgrounds.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, here's a real basic outline for a background. I shall expand as things come to me.

Togashi Cho, member of the Togashi family of the Dragon clan, on the path to becoming one of the ise zumi, the tattooed monks. Born into the monestary, he was to begin training at an early age. His parents were both retired ise zumi, imparting their wisdom to the younger generation. They met and wedded late in life, and perhaps that was the reason Cho was born with a strange birth defect. He has not a single hair on his body. Utterly average in height and weight otherwise, Cho treated his odd defect as a symbol on how to conduct his life.

As he was, he decided to concentrate on smoothness, perfection, and purity to overcome his shortcomings. He has high aspirations for becoming the best ise zumi of the Dragon clan, and trains hard as he can to earn this honor for himself. He has what might be called an excess of zeal, because he takes every task he is offered on the hopes that he might be able to prove and improve himself. Sometimes he suffers from an excess of zeal in attempting to prove himself, for he has difficulty in saying no to even the most difficult of tasks. However, his will is unfailing, even if flesh hold him back.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Great googily-moogily!

Wow! Definitely did not expect this much interest!

Okay, folks, I know I said I don't want to start this game for awhile, and I do still want to hold off. But all this interest is definitely making it difficult not to get enthusiastic.

Here's a rough timeline for the next few weeks. Over the next two weeks, anyone interested in playing in a Rokugan game should start fleshing out their characters' backgrounds. As I said before, there are no restrictions on either clan or family. You can email your ideas to Darknemesis6878@cs.com .

The week of October 24th, I'll post the specifics for building characters, as well as the Rogue's Gallery. You can email me the built characters or post them on the OOC thread for final approval.

Call me crazy, but initially anybody who gives me a good background and character will be able to play. :confused: I am planning on starting out in a winter court, or similar setting. However, to keep the thread from lagging, I am going to be initiating some strict guidelines regarding posting.... and here they are.

-If you're going to be unable to post for an extended period of time, email me or post to the board to let me know, and we'll try to work something out.

-If a person goes for more than a week without posting (without letting me know that they're going to be away), I will NPC your character. If I have to NPC your character three times, then they will become a permanent NPC.

Kay? That's about it. All right, everyone, start working on your characters and let me know what's going on.

Remove ads