City of the Spider Queen

Rayex

First Post
A few rules/guidelines:
Dialogue in bold.
Toughts in italics.
Out of Character comments in the end of the post, marked with a OOC:
If you want to use colors, thats fine, but use colors that are readable!

When it comes to dierolling, I'll be doing most of it.
If your character have an ability, feat, item etc, that I forget in a battle or something, it's probably because I've forgot about it. I will get to know the characters as we play but, I don't know them that well yet so there is a big chance I won't be able to remember every little thing in the beginning.

The Crew:
Jyren "BlueIce" Ensennell - The partys waterloving Archon
Rashak Varin - The partys primary fighter and dancer. A boy who have tried almost everything
Hazrael Evanor - The partys animal lover and ranged danger.
Merion "Greystreak" Sinfad - The partys magician, with a keen interest in matters conserning life and death

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At Randal Morn

[size=+2]Day 1[/size]

You have recieved an urgent summons to the hall of Lord Randal Morn, ruler of Daggerdale. Randal Morn has governed the war-torn dale for more than four years now. Under his wise guidance, much of the damage done by the decades-long Zhent occupation has been repaired, and the folk of Daggerdale have begun to prosper again. The heroic story of Randal Morn's resistance against the Zhents and the restoration of his throne is widely known throughout the Dalelands.

The Lord of Daggerdale does not stand on ceremony, and he personally greets you at the doors of his hall. Leading you to a comfortable study lined with bookshelves, he calls for refreshments. I thank you for coming co quickly, he begins. I'd heard that your company was passing through the area, and you have a reputation as courageous problem-solvers. Well, I think I have a problem that needs solving.

Seven days ago, a band of drow raided several farms and freeholds about ten miles south of here. A number of people were killed, and the marauders caused much damage. Local militia tracked the drow band to the vicinity of an old set of crypts on the western edge of the Dagger Hills. Rumor has it that those crypts conceal an entrance to the Underdark.

Three nights ago, the drow raiders returned and caused even more damage. I think the time has come for some experienced and capable adventurers to put a stop to these raids. We havn't had trouble with drow in Daggerdale for hundreds of years, and I have no idea hat has stirred them up now. Can you help me?

The lord leans back in his chair behind the small desk, and looks at you in turn, waiting for a reply.

silentspace

First Post
Rashak Varin's black cloak sweeps behind him as he steps forward. Born a slave in the Underdark, Rashak understood only too well the dangers that the drow posed.

"Slaves. Did they take any slaves? Did they take anything, or just kill and damage?"

Jyren watched the lord carefully. Though he listened to the words of the man, his mind was busy finding the places of moisture and water around him. It was too few for his comfort...so, he fidgeted.

After the lord finished, Jyren's skin rippled a slightly greenish tint for a moment as he raised an eyebrow. In a curious voice, sounding strangely quiet, he asked, "Drow? I have only ever heard the...the name before. I know not what they are, only that the stories are not ever positive..." he trailed off a moment, thinking to himself. Underdark...under the water itself? This world is truly a strange one...

Dakkareth

First Post
Upon entering the study Merion seats himself comfortably in one of the chairs his small bagpack standing at his feet. As Morn finishes his tale, he leans back and puts the tips of his fingers together in a thoughtful gesture.

"Drow are always bad news.", he states the obvious. "But unless there's something more sinister behind these raids, it should suffice to collapse the entrance or seal those crypts." He ponders this for a moment. "What kind of crypts are those anyway? Someone important buried there? Haunted? Were they sealed in some way before the raids?"

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion looks at Jyren curiously for a moment before commenting: "We clashed with a few of those shortly after we met Rashak. You weren't with us then, but I can assure you, that they're nasty pieces of work."

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At Lord Morns

They did not take any slaves, no. It seems they were bent on mindless slaughter. Savage and pointless slaughter... But it is drow we're dealing with here, and they seldom comes to the surface for no reason. We could collapse the crypts, true, but if they are after something, as I suspect they are, that won't stop them. The lord sips from his glass before continuing. Ah, yes, the crypts. People say the crypts are haunted and the locals give the place a wide berth. I've never looked into them myself though. They are ancient crypts, rumoured to be the resting place of the lords of Dordrien. No trouble has ever surfaced there before. I would round up some companions and go myself, but I have too many duties here. I am affraid my adventurous times are past. he finnishes.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Rashak listens to Merion's words.

So intelligent, that Merion is. Yes, we could seal up the crypts and stop the raids relatively easily. But it seems Randal Morn thinks the drow have a purpose here, and will come back. Does he know what purpose the drow have?

Rashak studies Randal carefully, wondering if there is something more he isn't telling.

"What do the people say the crypts are haunted with? What kind of aid can you give us if we accept this mission? Perhaps some restoration magic? Or align weapon magic? And who are the Lords of Dordrien?"

OOC: Sense Motive check +6 on Randal Morn, to sense if he's hiding some knowledge about what the drow are really doing, if not looting or capturing slaves.

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At Randal Morns

Oh, they say it is haunted by the old lords themselves. You know how it is, when something weird happens, it is always the spirits and hidden creatures who gets the blame. The lords of Dordrien were the lords of this region of old. The keep of Dordrien was raised on the Dagger Hills several decades ago, and the crypts is one of few remnants from that time.

When questioned about aid the Lord smiles and rumages around in his desk. Yes, I thought you migh ask... My advisor, Tunfer the Stout, a high ranking cleric of Tyr, has agreed to lend you his help while in town. I've donated a considerable ammoun to the temple and Tunfer has promised to aid you with healing magics, and other magics to aid you, for the ammount I donated.

He takes out a piece of paper and hands hands it over. Here is a letter with my seal on it. Give it to Tunfer and he will know why you are there. He should be most helpfull, shoud you need it.

OOC: You get the feeling that Randal Morn tells what he knows, and that he will be more than willing to give any information you'll need, provided he is able to give it.

Last edited:

Remove ads