City of the Spider Queen

DemonAtheist

First Post
Dakkareth said:
Under different circumstances I'd love to pry, but first things first. Maybe, when this matter is resolved.

Nothing in here. Good. I'd propose, we leave the horses here, maybe bar the door or secure it magically. Merion says and adds in a lower voice:I didn't memorize any spell of alarm, though.

Hazrael addresses Merion. I, however, did. But I'm not sure it is necessary...the Drow that raided here don't seem to have shown an interest in these tombs. I believe that barring the door would be enough precaution in the event of graverobbers. Besides, I think there will be better use of an Alarm spell in the future, to watch our backs once in the crypts

Maybe it will make some impression on the wizard that I have some magic at my disposal. Certainly not much of one, but maybe enough for him to keep the other human on a shorter leash.

Dakkareth said:
He flexes his fingers and tries to suppress a grin. And then we finally get to see the spooky tombs.

Jyren looked around carefully, not liking the feel of the place. He shuddered slightly, and stayed somewhat close to the exit, "You say that like this isn't spooky..." he couldn't help but grin slightly and glanced back at the horses, "But maybe it won't spook the uh...animals as much as it does me?"

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
OOC: In the future, when Rashak asks a question like 'is there evidence of the drow', he won't actually do any searching himself. He's just asking the question, assuming that others, who are better at searching, might search a bit. If others don't think its worth checking for signs of drow, that's fine with him.

"It's strange that the first room has seen so many visitors, but the second one apparently hasn't seen any, don't you think?"

Edit: OOC: What I mean is Rashak says things and does things. Him saying something is not the same as him doing something, and vice versa. :)

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Hazrael addresses Merion. I, however, did. But I'm not sure it is necessary...the Drow that raided here don't seem to have shown an interest in these tombs. I believe that barring the door would be enough precaution in the event of graverobbers. Besides, I think there will be better use of an Alarm spell in the future, to watch our backs once in the crypts.

Merion waves his hand dismissively and shrugs. I was merely stating out options and figured, that some of us wouldn't want harm to come upon the beasts. Your spell might come in handy, though. I will prepare the same for tomorrow, too.

Interesting, he must be one of those chthonic force users. That or it's his heritage. Either way, fascinating.

Jyren looked around carefully, not liking the feel of the place. He shuddered slightly, and stayed somewhat close to the exit, "You say that like this isn't spooky..."

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot. Merion laughs. In my line of work you see such halls every week and I've grown used to it. Heck, the dust doesn't even make me sneeze anymore.

He pauses and a strange, almost haunted expression crosses his face. It is true however, that crypts such as the one we're going to enter sometimes 'contain' strange and dangerous creatures. Nor is the Underdark a nice place from what Rashak told me., he says in a quiet and suddenly serious voice.

Just thinking of that shadow ... and worse, that one necrofusion of wraith and ghoul ...

"It's strange that the first room has seen so many visitors, but the second one apparently hasn't seen any, don't you think?"

Not at all. Many people and most animals have a very acute sense of what they should be careful about. They call it "disturbing the rest of the dead" and can be quite paranoid about it ... Merion shrugs and closes his right eye for a second letting his spirit sight play over the rooms.

Finding back to his confident voice Merion addresses the party: The day will last for several more hours. I propose that we go investigate the crypts now, check out potential dangers and find the passage to the Underdark the drow must come from.

[OOC:
If the party decides to enter the crypts now, Merion will go along. He'll use his spirit sight in regular intervals making sure, that the party won't be surprised.
]

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Rashak wasn't sure if Merion meant that there was something dangerous in this room, or if he meant people and animals avoid crypts. He looks at Jyren and shrugs.

Well, if Merion and Hazrael were satisfied that this place was safe to set up camp, then the matter was settled in Rashak's mind. The other rooms and the stone coffins had not been searched yet, or the dust brushed off to see if there was any writing underneath, but both Merion and Hazrael seemed certain there would be nothing to be found here.

Shrugging, Rashak stands guard outside the door as the others bring the horses in and set up a camp.

Rashak says he still wants to investigate the other building with the stuck door, just to make sure there was nothing that could come back and surprise them later, especially since they were making camp here.

Rashak senses that Hazrael thinks this is all a waste of time, and to save himself the aggravation of having to bear any more snide remarks and petulance from the archer, Rashak will go along with the others if they don't want to investigate.

Last edited:

Jyren returned Rashak's shrug with a weak smile. He then gave the room one last look before assisting in bringing in the horses. Once that was done, he looked back outside, "I agree that we should go ahead and check the crypts...the sooner we find things out, the better in my opinion," then, very quietly and mostly to himself, he grumbled, "Too dry around here anyway...not even a stream."

Dakkareth

First Post
I'm all in favor of investigating the second mausoleum, but that can be done after we have taken a first measure of the crypts. I don't fancy fighting at night unless avoidable and think, we should wait 'till the morrow to actively seek out the drow.

[OOC:
1. Mmhh, Merion's point rephrased: "Few people go into crypts, etc out of superstitious fear, which ironically isn't a bad policy, 'cause sometimes there ARE bad things."
2. We actually looked into all four rooms and found, that they were all alike and not very interesting to most people.
3. Just to clarify: Merion's current plan is to look inside the crypts for the passage to the underdark and set an alarm there. The group should then spend the night on the surface and descend fully prepared the next day. If any raiders come up during the night, the party will be warned by the alarm and be able to ambush them. If Rashak, Hazrael or Jyren disagree, make it IC ;)
]

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the crypts

OOC: So, if I understand you correctly you will:
a: stable the horses in the mausoleum
b: check the other mausoleum
c: enter the crypts in search of an entrance to the Underdark

If so, the door to the other mausoleum is still stuck.

Remove ads