City of the Spider Queen

silentspace

First Post
"Ah, Priest Tunfer! I'm glad you heard of us coming. Perhaps you know that Randal Morn has called on us to stop the drow raids on these lands, for the good of us all."

Rashak lets that sink in for a moment.

"Randal Morn told us that you would aid us with healing magic, as our quest is for the good of Daggerdale, and also because his sizable donations in the past to your church. However, if you're doing nothing more than selling goods here, then I will let Randal Morn know he was mistaken, and I will purchase my goods at the temple of my own diety."

Rashak pauses for a moment, to see if Tunfer is going to give them anything for free, or at least give them a discount. If not, he will go to a temple of Tymora and purchase items there, making friends with the local priest (Rashak is a priest of Tymora, and will give them his business before giving it to another deity.).

OOC: Diplomacy +12 on Tunfer

Edit: Edited text in bold

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Of course, everything has a price, even justice ..., Merion mutters to himself. Then louder he continues: To me one god is as good as the other. I'll take three medium potions of healing.

Once the business with the priest is concluded, Merion addresses the rest of the group: Okay then. I have some supplies of my own to procure and it's probably the same for you. How about we meet at the south gate in one hour? We can easily be at one of the villages near the crypts before dark.

[OOC:
3 Potions of cure moderate wounds
]

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the Temple

Ah, yes. I will indeed help you with healing spells and other restorative magics. It seems to me however, that you are in perfectly good health at the moment, and would need no such spells cast on yourself. If you are harmed, I will ofcourse help you as best I can. The agreement with Lord Morn applies to spells only, I am affraid. Other supplies you will have to purchase.

The priest falls silent and thinks about something for a few seconds before continuing. I will be happy to give you a discount, seeing as you do us all a favour by helping Randal.

When the wizard asks for potions, the priest goes to one of the larger chests and opens it. Here you are good sir. He hands over four potions. I threw in one extra, for good measure. These potions are of the very best quality, I must say. That'll be nine hundred...

silentspace

First Post
OOC:
Rashak will purchase the following items (total 800 gp, before any discounts):

Scroll of Align Weapon (3rd) [150 gp] x2
Scroll of Delay Poison (1st) [25 gp] x2
Scroll of Restoration, Lesser (1st) [25 gp] x2
Scroll of Spider Climb (3rd) [150 gp] x2
Potion of CLW (1st) [50 gp] x2

He'll also purchase:

Antitoxin [50 gp] x2

He'll hold on to the rest of his money for now. He'll tie the two potions of CLW around his neck, for easy access by the others in case he is incapacitated.

Rashak will also suggest that since they will be travelling overland, perhaps they should buy horses (Rashak will not buy one, as he moves as fast as a heavy horse).

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Merion (human necromancer)

Sorting through the purse given to him by Morn the wizard produces the equivalent of 900 gold pieces. Nice doing business with you., he comments and stashes two of the vials inside his backpack and put the remaining into an easily accessible pouch hanging from his belt.

Assuming the others agree to his plan, Merion steps outside nodding towards the party. Outside the temple on the stairs he stops, turns back and carefully studies the facade for a minute. Then smiling to himself he heads into the streets looking for that shop selling magical paraphernalia he was at the other day ...

[OOC:
The plan referred to is of course that of meeting in one hour hence. Merion's intention is to buy parchment, magic ink, etc for scribing scrolls. The studying of the area is for the use of a teleport obviously.
]

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - At the Temple

Thank you good sir, may they help you in dire need!

The cleric of Tyr happily rummages around in several chests, producing what the fellow priest asked for. Here's your scrolls. The potions will be right there... I think I stashed some over here... He hums lightly while searching, happy to get something to fill the temple coffers with. He hands over the potions and you notice that you've got three potions containing curing magic, instead of the two you asked for. That'll be... Lets see, poisonkiller, cures, antitoxins... ahh, six hundred gold coins if you'd please. Oh, and I threw in one more of those curing potions. Free of charge, ofcourse!

Upon hearing Rashak's mentioning the horses he give you some good advice; I am sure Lord Morn will provide you with horses for the ride. He keeps a fine stock over at his mansion. I'm sure he just forgot about it! The priest laughs merrily, as if he said something funny.

OOC: Typical Lord Morn to forget that you were supposed to get some horses as well. It's probably his age... ;)

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Day 1 - The Magic Shop - Merion

Merion steps out in the midday-sun and studies the temple before finding back to the little magic-shop.

When he enters, the same old lady comes forth from the back of the shop. Greeting sir. Wha' can I help you with? You lookin' to buy something this time, ehe ehe ehe. She taps her walking stick impatiently while studying you. The shop is rather small, and filled with tall shelves filled with all kinds of things. Most are, obviously, make-believe magic items, but some are of real value here. Probably more than you can afford - for now! I've go' i' all, you know! she says when she notice you looking around.

Last edited:

Dakkareth

First Post
Indeed, more than a few components in any case, Merion smiles. I'm looking for materials needed to scribe a few scrolls. You know the drill, high quality parchment, invested inks, distilled elemental extracts, and so on ... He lets his voice trail off.

(Assuming he can get his supplies)

Thanking the talismonger Merion leaves the small shop, his black cloak trailing after him in strips, once flashing in the sunlight as he walks through the door. The time until the scheduled departure Merion spends sitting in the sun, his eyes closed. Aahhh, what a fine day. It's good to have a good rest before continuing in this moral mercenary business ... I hope, the others bring along one horse for me as I have no inclination to visit some dusty stables right now.

Merion arrives at the south gate right on time. Okay, let's get on with this.

[OOC:
If he can get it, Merion buys 1000gp worth of components for scroll scribing to be used later.
]

DemonAtheist

First Post
Hazrael allows the other three to go ahead to the temple of Tyr. He turns back, and gains the attention of Lord Randal Morn with his silent presence.

Lord Morn, while you have fully addressed the goal of this quest, I do not understand my role in its success. It seems this ... situation concerns areas within 10 miles of here, none of which are hard to access or to survive in. I am ... honored that you would call upon me as what you consider a master of the wilds and of survival, but from what you have told us I do not see why I am needed.

...I trust your judgement
(
and am probably a fool for doing so) and so I will accompany this party whatever the reason, but I wonder if there is anything else you can tell me as to the nature of this problem, or to the likely solution, for which I am suited for.

edit: added some clarification, improved grammar in a place

Last edited:

Remove ads