Company of the Bitter Blade - cast

Patlin

Explorer
Anvuss, Warforged Fighter/Artificer

Fighter 2/Artificer 0
Str 16 Dex 8 Con 16
Int 16 Wis 6 Cha 12

hp 26; DR 2/Adamantine; Light Fortification (25% chance to avoid crit or sneak attack)
Saves: Fort +6; Ref -1; Will -2
AC 17 (Base 10 + 8 Adamantine Body -1 Dex)
Action Points: 6
Type: Living Construct (various immunities)
Move: 20 ft

Attacks
Masterwork Halberd +6 for d10+4 Crit 20 x3 (slashing or piercing, tripping, x2/x4 if set against charge)
-or-
Natural Slam attack at +5 for d4+3

Character Level Feats
1: Adamantine Body

Fighter Feats
1: Combat Expertise
2: Improved Trip

Skills
+3 Climb [5 ranks +3 Str -5 Adamantine Body]
+8 Craft (Blacksmithing) [5 ranks +3 Int]
+3 Jump [5 ranks +3 Str -5 Adamantine Body]
+4 Ride [5 ranks -1 Dex]
+3 Swim [5 ranks +3 Str -5 Adamantine Body]

Equipment
Explorers Outfit (Free and does not count towards encumbrance when worn)
Masterwork Talenta Sharash 318 gp; 10 lbs
Traveling Papers 2 sp
Warforged Repair Kit 50 gp 1 lb (A check takes 8 hours and repairs the result -15; taking 10 would heal 5 hp)
Backpack 2 gp; 2lbs
Flint & Steel 1 gp; 0 lbs
Rope, Hemp 1 gp; 10 lbs
Scroll Case 1 gp; 1/2 lb
Potion of Repair Moderate Damage 300 gp
Total Cash: 226 gp, 6 sp
Total Weight: 23.5 lbs (light load limit is 76 lbs)

Languages
Comon
Draconic
Riedran
Quori

Physical Description
Anvuss is a 6'0" 278 lb 5 year old Male Personality warforged.

Backstory
Anvuss met Tok during the war, one of the Artificers involved in his creation. He has tremendous respect for Tok, and hopes that Tok will teach him the ways of the builders. While he was made to fight, and had little choice in the matter until the end of the last war, he has a deep longing to master the magics of creation.

Anvuss is also very attached to his old comrades-in-arms, Hobbes and Magnus. Anvuss finds Hobbes' political views somewhat difficult to grasp, and the concept of gods even more difficult to grasp, but he hopes over time to gain greater understanding of these things. In the meantime, he enjoys having friends, even when they are perplexing.

Magnus has been having a great influence over Anvuss's worldview (a development which appears to make the poor Cleric feel very uncomfortable!) Being only 5 years old, Anvuss is still fairly easilly swayed. If the association continues, Anvuss's alignment is likely to eventually shift as a result of the Cleric's good example. For now, Anvuss remains childlike in his naivite, while quite adult intellectually and somewhat menacing physically.

Sample Dialog
"Look! I believe that is a warforged titan! I haven't seen one of those since the last war. Is it not a marvel? It must have been very difficult to construct. I wonder if I can build something like that? Oh no! Are you OK? I didn't realize it would attack us! Charge!"

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Tok: Male changeling artificer 2; 1000 XP; Medium humanoid (shapechanger); HD 2d6+4; hp 16; Init +2; Spd 20 ft.; AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15; Base Atk +1; Grp +1; Atk or Full Atk +2 melee (1d8/x3/10 ft. reach, darkwood longspear) or +1 melee (1d6, sickle) or +3 ranged (1d4/50 ft., sling); SQ artificer knowledge +5, artisan bonus (scrolls, potions), craft reserve (12 xp); disable trap, item creation, minor change shape, +2 on saving throws against sleep and charm spells.; AL LN; AP 6; SV Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3; Str 10, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14.

Skills and Feats: Appraise +3 (+5 armor or sculpture), Balance -3, Bluff +4, Climb -5, Craft (armorsmith) +8, Craft (sculpting) +8, Disable Device +10, Disguise +2 (+12 when using minor change shape), Escape Artist -3, Hide -3, Intimidate +4, Jump -11, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) +8, Move Silently -3, Open Lock +9, Search +8 (+10 secret doors), Sense Motive +2, Swim -10, Use Magic Device +10 (+12 to use potions or scrolls); Brew Potion(b), Scribe Scroll(b), Skill Focus (Use Magic Device).

Languages: Auran, Common, Elven, Giant.

Infusions per day (4)

Posessions: standard ID papers (Tok), standard ID papers (Keidi), travelling papers, backpack, scroll case, inkpen, ink (2 oz.), hooded lantern, 2 pints of oil, 5 sheets of paper, waterskin, 2 rations, sculpting tools, armorsmithing tools, wooden holy symbol (silver flame), spell component pouch, MW thieves tools, workman’s clothes & apron, Keidi’s ragged robes, chainmail, darkwood longspear, sickle, sling, 20 bullets, pearl (100gp), elemental alchemical ointment (50 gp), 4 spice and mineral ointments (10 gp), scroll of faerie fire (CL2), scroll of see invisibility (CL2), scroll of invisibility (CL2), scroll of levitate (CL2), scroll of lesser restoration (CL2), 3 gp.

Carrying all of this weight causes Tok to be heavily encumbered. His skill penalties increase, and his AC is lowered by 1. If he drops his backpack, he is well with-in medium encumbrance.

Tok, in his usual form is a 21 year old changeling of slight build (5'6", 140 lbs). He keeps his hair cut respectably short. He wears a fairly modest workmans outfit, complete with a shapeless hat and a heavy leather apron for most of his tools. His pack is always full to nearly bursting. Whenever he travels, which is often, he wears a suit of chainmail over his clothes, but under his apron for protection: the world is dangerous!

Very shortly after he joined up with Anvuss, Magnus, and their friends, after the Mourning, Tok and the others found themselves involved in a pretty intense battle with roving Valenar raiders caught on the wrong side of the Mournland, trying to get home: Tok's first battle. Tok did decently well and claimed a finely crafted darkwood longspear from one of the defeated. He is determined to magic it up and give it a proper name.

Occasionally, when he feels that too many people are watching he takes the form of a human workman.

In many cases, he will take the form of his departed (he assumes) friend Keidi (+2 total Disguise check), an elderly elven female in ragged robes bearing the holy symbol of the Silver Flame. In the last four years, Tok has realised that maybe the Flame had something to do with his current (Relatively) good fortune, and has taken to muttering prayers to both it and his own personal self-cannonized saint: St. Keidi the Visionary.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Magnus Walberg
Male Human Cleric 2 (Sovereign host, especially Dol Dorn)
Experience: 1000
Action points: 6
Alignment: Neutral Good
Region of origin: Cyre, displaced

Medium-sized, 6'2" tall, 216 lb, 23 yrs old
Slightly tanned skin, pale brown hair, brown eyes.

Str 16 (10 pts)
Dex 10 (2 pts)
Con 14 (6 pts)
Int 10 (2 pts)
Wis 15 (8 pts)
Cha 12 (4 pts)

HD: 2d8 + 4
Hit points: 20
AC 17, touch 10, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +1 shield)
Init +0
BAB +1; Grap +4
Spd 20 ft., run 60 ft. (base 30 ft, heavy armor, medium load : 95/76)
SV Fort +5, Reflex +0, Will +5.

+6 Melee, masterwork longsword 1d8+3, 19-20/x2
+1 Ranged, heavy crossbow, 1d10, 19-20/x2.

Speaks Common.

Skills (15 sp as cleric), armor check penalty: -7 (-8 with shield)
+6 (+10 when casting defensively) Concentration (4 ranks, +2 con)
+3 Craft - armorsmithing (3 ranks, +0 int)
+4 Diplomacy (3 ranks, +1 cha)
+7 Heal (3 ranks, +2 wis, +2 healer’s kit)
+2 Knowledge - religion (2 ranks, +0 int)
+2 Listen (+2 wis)
+2 Spot (+2 wis)

Weapon and armor proficiencies
- Simple weapons and longsword
- Light, medium and heavy armors
- Shields.

Feats
- Combat casting (char 1)
- Power attack (human bonus)
- Weapon Focus - longsword (war domain bonus).

Human Traits
- One extra feat at first level.
- 4 extra skills points at level 1, one extra at every subsequent levels.

Cleric Traits
- Turn Undead, 4 times a day, turn check +1, turn damage 2d6+3.
- Domain powers and spells, see below.

Spells
Save DC: 12 + spell level, spells per day: 4/3+1
Domains: Strength (once per day, for one round, Magnus can gain +2 to str), War (free proficiency and weapon focus with longsword).
Memorized spells
0 lvl - Guidance (x2), Light, Resistance.
1st lvl - Cause Fear, Divine favor, Enlarge person*, Shield of Faith.
*Domain spells

Possessions
- Explorer’s outfit.
- Splint mail (200 gp) 45 lbs.
- Buckler (15 gp) 5 lbs.
- Masterwork longsword (315 gp) 4 lbs.
- Silvered dagger (22 gp) 1 lb.
- Heavy crossbow (50 gp) 8 lbs.
- 10 bolts (1 gp) 1 lbs.
- Scroll case (contains the following scrolls and a few small parchments with holy text written on it – for shield of faith) (1 gp) 1/2 lb.
- 3 scrolls of cure light wounds (75 gp)
- 1 scroll of comprehend languages (25 gp)
- Silver holy symbol of the Sovereign Host (25 gp)
- Waterskin (1 gp) 4 lbs.
- Whetstone (2 cp) 1 lb.
* Backpack (2 gp) 2 lbs.
* Bedroll (1 sp) 5 lbs.
* Cleric vestments (5 gp) 6 lbs.
* Healer’s kit - 10 uses (50 gp) 1 lb.
* Identification papers (2 gp)
* Shovel (2 gp) 8 lbs.
* 3 Sunrods (6 gp) 3 lbs.
* 3 flasks of holy water (75 gp) 3 lbs.
- Belt pouch (1 gp) 1/2 lb. containing 26 gp, 8 sp and 8 cp

(- on self, loose)
(* in or on backpack)

Appearance
Magnus is a tall and burly man. He usually has a beard but, like his hair, he keeps it well groomed and short. Smiling come naturaly to the big man as he is a jovialist and an optimist.

Background
Magnus is the son of a house Cannith armor smith (not a noble, just an employee). He was recruited at a young age to serve in the cyrian military. Because of the skills he learned from his father, he was assigned to a repair shop for damaged warforged. The shop was close to the front and, one day, a large group of Karrnathi undead troops broke through the cyrian lines and attacked the repair shop. Magnus was terrified by the undead but he knew at the same time that, if no one did anything, they would be slaughtered. Magnus picked up the sword of the nearest disabled warforged and slashed a Karrnathi zombie with it. To his own surprise, as he was never really religious, he heard himself cry out "Dol Dorn help me !" as he attacked. Suddenly, his plain sword became enveloped with a very bright white flame and the undead fled before him. The some cyrians rallied around him and the Karrnathi were repelled.

This miracle marked the beginning of Magnus' faith. Although he was never able to reproduce the kind of power he manifested on that day, he believed Dol Dorn saved him and this faith gave him some powers. He served through out the rest of the war in the cyrian military, as a fighting holy man. During the day of mourning, some soldiers and him were pursuing Valenar raiders across the border when the disaster struck. At first, he cried the death of many of his family and friends but he has since accepted this as the will of the gods. It is simply a new challenge the mortals have to understand and overcome.

With the return of peace, Magnus has spent the last couple of years studying religion and becoming a proper priest of the Sovereign Host. He now has faith in all the gods but Dol Dorn remains his main patron. Magnus is a great optimist. He believes Cyre can be restored, one way or another.

Last edited:

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes
Male Shifter Barbarian 2
Experience: 1000
Action points: 6
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Region of origin: Cyre, displaced

Medium-sized, 6'3" tall, 220 lb, 18 yrs old
Dark tanned skin, Black hair, green eyes.

Str 16
Dex 14
Con 16
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 8

HD: 2d12 + 4
Hit points: 28
AC 15, touch 12, flat-footed 15
Init +4
BAB +2; Grap +5
Spd 40 ft., run 160 ft. (base 30 ft, heavy armor, medium load : 95/76)
SV Fort +6, Reflex +2, Will -1.

+6 Melee, masterwork greataxe 1d12+4, 20/x3
+4 Ranged, Composite Longbow, 1d8, 20/x3.
- 40 Arrows in two Quiver (makes a "X" on his back)

Languages
Common
Goblin

Skills
Appraise +1
Balance +3
Bluff -1
Climb +7
Concentration +3
Diplomacy -1
Disguise -1
Escape Artist +1
Forgery +1
Gather Info -1
Handle Animal +5
Heal -1
Hide +1
Intimidate -1
Jump +11
Listen +5
Move Silently +1
Ride +9
Search +1
Sense Motive 0
Spot 0
Survival +5
Swim +1
Tumble +2
Use Rope +2

Feats
- Shifter Instincts (MM3)

Possessions
Standard Id Papers
Backpack
Bedroll
Winter Blanket
10 - Fishhooks
2 - Flasks
2 - Flint and Steel
Small Steel Mirror
20 - Pitons
5 - Belt Pouches
Explorers Outfit
10 - Trail Rations
3 - Silk rope 50'
2 - Sacks
4 - Waterskins
2 - Whetstone

10 - Sunrods
2 - Tanglefoot Bags

Wealth
272 GP
5 SP
6 CP

Appearance
Tall, lithe man in his late teens that has somewhat of a dark look to him. His face is especially in the evening light looks similiar to a hunting cat. His ears are a little more pronouced at the top similiar to an elves. His eyes look like a seem to glow in the evening light. While not overly large you can see the strength within him. Very gruff in his mannerism towards others, especially those of authority.

Background
Stupid armies and stupid governments. They can all go to the abyss for all I care. I was perfectly happy living in the forested hills with my family till they came along. All I wanted was to be left alone but they would not have it. They heard all the rumors and stories from the townsfolk who should know well enough to keep their noses out of my business. The stories of how I can kill anything that comes my way that not even a dragon could stop me. Stupid townsfolk, even after I save their lives countless number of times with the roving dolgrims, they still have to bring suffering to me and mine. So naturally those stupid soldiers enlist my help to aid in there stupid war. They "helped" me start off my career as a solider of the line. Like I had any choice, they held me at sword point and all but shackled me to their cause. They were going to bring glory to themselves as the Cyrian Army was going to march on to victory against the rampaging marauders. They "politely" told me to help guard a depot where I first learned of the greatest plight I have witnessed so far. I met a people called "Warforged", even their name suggests ownership, that were being built to wage this stupid war. At first I wanted nothing to do with them, but then I learned that they actually had a will of their own and I realized they were just like me. The only difference was I knew better, I knew what was right and what was wrong and they were merely told the difference. All except one, Anvuss be his name, he seemed different than the rest and we grew to trust each other over the countless pointless battles. One day the depot itself was attacked by the abominations called undead. They would have overrun us all except for the actions of one Magnus. Normally he was nothing to look at but another servant to this stupid war, just like the rest of us. I was surprised to see him pick up a fallen humans sword as the depot was about to be overrun. Then suddenly I saw something rise within him and he seemed to take on another’s appearance, one of strength and determination. In all my time I have never seen such power and I knew we would all survive, well those of us left anyway. Magnus called to Anvuss and I to help him slaughter all who threatened our lives and we prevailed. After hours of fighting we eventually destroyed everything that stood against us. I was proud of the friendships I formed that day and our friendships grew ever more. No matter where we were told to go fight or what we faced we prevailed. Even on that blackest of days when I thought my life had ended.

We returned from one of our pointless charges against the enemy only to find nothing but destruction. The forest I call home was destroyed I learned and everything for miles around was covered by some unspeakable dead, grey mist. We did have some hope that day as we ran across an old friend of Magnus's named Tok. He was on a Lightning train that had crashed many miles from its conductor stones. Since that day we have worked to set what was right and I have secretly vowed to learn what happened to my life. In the mean time I will help protect my new family.

Stupid armies and stupid leaders....I wish those townsfolk had never mentioned my name as I could have possibly saved my family.
Everything is gone; it's almost as if the mountains themselves have changed. Where did my family go? What happened to them, there is nothing left but barren wasteland? No town, no family, no nothing. I swear on the great beast within, that I will find out what happened to everything I hold dear and I will seek revenge on whoever did this.

Edit - Everything in green is new

Last edited:

kolikeos

First Post
Teyer Katan

alignment: NG
class and level: rog1\ftr1
race: human
hight: 6'1"
weight: 194 lb.
str 14
dex 10
con 14
int 16
wis 12
cha 12
hp 20
ac 18 (touch 10 flat-footed 18) [+6 armor +2 shield]
initiative: +0
base attack: +1
fort 4
ref 2
will 1
speed: 20ft. (base 30ft.)
check penalty: -11 (-6 armor -2 shield -3 equipment)

attacks:
longsword MW +4 melee
longbow +1 ranged

skills:
appraise 7
bluff 5
diplomacy 5
disable device 7
gather information 5
intimidate 6
listen 5
open lock 4
ride 5
search 7
sense motive 5
spot 5
use magic device 5

feats/special-abilities:
armor prof. (light,medium,heavy)
weapon prof. (martial,simple)
shield prof.
trapfinding
sneak attack (1d6)
combat expertise
imp. disarm
imp. trip

EQUIPMENT
Sack
Bedroll
Arrows (50)
Longsword MW
Rations, trail (10)
Longbow
Waterskin (4)
Backpack
Torch (2)
Horse, light
Flint and steel
Rope, hemp (50 ft.)
Saddlebags
Saddle, riding
Bit and bridle
Shield, heavy steel
Banded mail
Thieves' tools
Traveler's outfit
Equipped Weight: 94.2 lbs (dropping backpack: 69.5 lbs) [medium load]
Total Value: 790gp 2sp 1cp
cash: 109gp 7sp 9cp

languages: common, elven, dwarven, orcish

Appearance:
short unkept black hair, short black beard, brown eyes, musclar biuld, uselly wearing either armor or loose brown and grey cloth, left handed, makes good first impression, has big ugly scar on his left arm.
(i know im bad at discribing and spelling :heh: )

background and personality:
teyer katan was once a member of a nomble famaly but most of his nomble relatives have been killed in war. he has now taken adventuring as his way on life, trying to help the less fortunent and seting out on treasure hunts. teyer is easy going and tends to be friendly with anything that is not an outright enemy. he also likes good food and drink, which he does not get nowadays in his adventuring life. but all in all, he thinks life is good, even thuogh he does not have a warm home to go back to anymore.

Patlin

Explorer
Hey, are we the company of the broken blade or the bitter blade?

(oops, wrong thread. This was intended for the ooc thread.)

Last edited:

Badger

First Post
Korthus (Kort) Stonefire
Dwarven Male
Hgt : 4' 8"
Wgt : 150
ALIGNMENT : Lawful Neutral
Class: Evoker2

Speed 20 ft
Base Attack Bonus +1
Base Melee Bonus +1 (BAB + STR)
Base Ranged Bonus +4 (BAB + DEX)

Initiative: +3

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (12+2) (+2)
Int: 16 (+3)
Wis: 14 (+2)
Chr: 6 (8-2) (-2)

Languages Known: Common, Dwarven, Draconic, Goblin, Gnomish

Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +3
Willpower: +5

H.P. : 12
A.C. 13 Flatfooted: 10 Touch Attacks: 13
Check Penalty: N/A Arcane Spell Fail: 0%
Armor AC Bonus: N/A Dex AC Bonus: +3
Max Dex Bonus: N/A

Weapon Attack Damage Crit Range TypeNotes
MW Quarterstaff +2 d6 x2 B
MW Dagger +2,+5 d4 19-20x2 10ft S/P
MW Light Crossbow +5 d8 19-20x2 80ft P

Feats
Scribe Scroll
Aberrant Dragonmark - Can cast Shield 1/day

Skills
Craft (Alchemy): +6 (3)
Craft (Weaponsmithing): +6, +8* (3)
Craft (Armorsmithing): +6, +8* (3)
Decipher Script: +6 (3)
Knowledge (Arcana): +8 (5)
Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering): +5 (2)
Search: +4, +6** (1)
Spellcraft: +8 (5)

*=if crafting metel or stone
**=if searching in stone area

Class/Racial Abilities
1) Summon Familiar
2) Cast Arcane Spells
3) Darkvision 60'
4) Stonecutting: +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework
5) Inuit Direction underground.
6) Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgoshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
7) Stability: +4 bonus vs bull rushed or tripped.
8) +2 racial bonus vs poison, spells, and spell-like effects.
9) +1 racial bonus to attack vs orcs and goblinoids
10) +4 A.C. bonus vs giant class
11) +2 racial bonus to Appraise and Craft checks when the material component is stone or metal items.

EQUIPMENT
Explorer's Outfit
MW Dagger x 2*
MW Quarterstaff*
MW Light Crossbow*
20 Crossbow bolts
MW Potionbelt
4 Alchemist Frost Vials*
4 Alchemist Spark Vials*
2 Acid Vials*
Scrollcase
Backpack
Waterskin
4 Days rations
Spare Peasant's Outfit
Spellbook
*=Crafted by Korthus

CURRENCY
Platinum: 0
Gold: 289
Silver: 2
Copper:

MAGIC

SPELLS: Wizard Class
Prohibited: Enchantment and Illusion

Lvl 0Lvl 1Lvl 2Lvl 3Lvl 4Lvl 5Lvl 6Lvl 7Lvl 8Lvl 9
Base/Day 4 2+1 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Bonus Spells -- 1 1 1 -- -- -- -- -- --
Total Spells/Day 4 (4) -- -- -- -- -- --

0- Know All
1st- Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Burning Hands, Comprehend Languages, Identify, Shocking Grasp, Repair Light Damage, Alarm

Spells Memorized

0- Read Magic, Detect Magic, Daze x2
1st- Magic Missle x2*, Comprehend Languages, Mage Armor

Bobitron

Explorer
Saric Acoma: Male Human Ranger 2

Height: 5’9”
Weight: 160
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Ranger
2nd level
Experience: 2000
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: None, pays lip service to all the gods

Statistics:

STR: 12
DEX: 16
CON: 12
INT: 14
WIS: 14
CHA: 10

Hit Points: 15

Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +4 (base +3, CON +1)
Reflex: +6 (base +3, DEX +3)
Will: +2 (base +0, WIS +2)

Armor Class: 16 (DEX bonus +3, Studded Leather MW)

Base Attack Bonus: +1

Weapons:

Masterwork Two-bladed sword (damage 1D8+1, 19-20/x2)
Two attacks at +0/+0, one attack at +2

Light Crossbow (damage 1D8, 19-20/x2, Rng 80', 20 bolts)
+4 attack bonus

Dagger (damage 1d4, crit 19-20, Rng 10ft)
+2 attack bonus melee, +4 ranged

Skills:

Climb +5
Handle Animal +2
Heal +3
Hide +8
Jump +4
Knowledge (Nature) +5
Listen +7
Move Silently +8
Ride +4
Search +6
Spot +7
Survival +7
Swim +2

Feats:

Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Two-bladed sword
Track (Ranger bonus feat)
Two-weapon Fighting (Ranger bonus feat)
Improved Initiative (+4 to Initiative rolls)

Languages: Common (Read and write), Elven, Dwarven

Class Features:

Favored Enemy- Humans
Wild Empathy

Equipment:

2-bladed sword
Dagger
Light Crossbow
Quiver w/ 20 arrows
Woodman’s clothing
Large travelers’ cloak
Belt w/ pouch