ENWorld Fantasy Basketball Draft Rd 7 - fujaiwei up, Krug on deck

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Okay, folks, this is the thread to make your "official" draft picks for the ENWorld Yahoo Fantasy Basketball Draft... the rules are as follows:

1. Please confine this thread to making your picks only; commentary et al should go on the "main" thread. If you make a "during the draft" trade, however, you may post it to this thread.

2. No editing of posts (to avoid accusations of impropriety). The exception is this first post which will be updated only with a list of who has been drafted.

3. Please try to check in at least once per day; I will e-mail you if I notice that you are up as a friendly reminder (unless you tell me not to). If possible, check in two or three times a day to keep things moving quickly, but this is not required.

4. Right now, I'm going to hope there's enough interest not to need a specific time limit, but if things start to drag, I may impose a 24-hour time limit (except on Sundays, when I'm not around to be online much and can't enforce that limit). If we have to have a time limit and the "buzzer goes off" you will simply be skipped and can "insert" your pick later at any time (though you cannot pick someone who has been picked in the interim). If you have been skipped once and haven't picked by the time you would be skipped twice, you will automatically be given the highest-rated player (by Yahoo) left on the board (i.e., you can only have one "skipped, floating pick" at a time).

More to be posted if I think of it. The team slated to pick as of my last update will be bolded and italicized in the draft order. If they've posted to the thread with their pick, and you're next, feel free to jump in and add your own afterwards (repeat as necessary between my updates).

HERE'S YOUR DRAFT ORDER (TEAM IN BOLD "ON CLOCK," WHEN WE GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST, WE WRAP AND REPEAT):

1 - Chief Sleep (ChiefSleep)
2 - Red Star (croationsensation)
3 - Tokyo Samurai (Black Omega)
4 - Mistwell's Maulers (Mistwell)
5 - The Frost Mages (John Semlak)
6 - Okamis (fujaiwei)
7 - Dwarven Stormhammers (Krug)
8 - Wampanoag Lions (Kajamba Lion)
9 - JC/DC (John Crichton)
10 - Skyhawks (The Sigil)
11 - Gelatinous Cubes (Leaping Shark)
12 - BS's Flagrant Fouls (Brother Shatterstone)

12 - BS's Flagrant Fouls
11 - Gelatinous Cubes
10 - Skyhawks
9 - JC/DC
8 - Wampanoag Lions
7 - Dwarven Stormhammers
6 - Okamis
5 - The Frost Mages
4 - Mistwell's Maulers
3 - Tokyo Samurai
2 - Red Star
1 - Chief Sleep

ROSTERS TO THIS POINT (Please use this to check to see whether the player you want has been taken):

Chief Sleep (ChiefSleep): Kevin Garnett, Lamar Odom, Dwyane Wade, Richard Hamilton, Al Harrington, Eddy Curry, Grant Hill
Red Star (croationsensation): Tim Duncan, Zach Randolph, Steve Nash, Jason Richardson, Erick Dampier, Carlos Arroyo, Stephen Jackson
Tokyo Samurai (Black Omega): Andrei Kirilenko, Steve Francis, Amare Stoudemire, Gilbert Arenas, Jamaal Magloire, Quentin Richardson, Keith Van Horn
Mistwell's Maulers (Mistwell): Dirk Nowitzki, Stephon Marbury, Allen Iverson, Antawn Jamison, Samuel Dalembert, Manu Ginobili, Juwan Howard
The Frost Mages (John Semlak): Shaquille O'Neal, Vince Carter, Mike Bibby, Carmelo Anthony, Rasheed Wallace, Brent Barry, Latrell Sprewell
Okamis (fujaiwei): Peja Stojakovic, Sam Cassell, Kenyon Martin, Michael Finley, Cuttino Mobley, Kurt Thomas
Dwarven Stormhammers (Krug): Kobe Bryant, Baron Davis, Pau Gasol, Chris Webber, Rashard Lewis, Marcus Camby
Wampanoag Lions (Kajamba Lion): Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Ron Artest, Antoine Walker, Chauncey Billups, Emeka Okafor
JC/DC (John Crichton): Yao Ming, Ben Wallace, Michael Redd, Jason Terry, Kirk Hinrich, James Posey
Skyhawks (The Sigil): Shawn Marion, Brad Miller, Donyell Marshall, Andre Miller, Eddie Jones, Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Gelatinous Cubes (Leaping Shark): Elton Brand, Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, Richard Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Gary Payton
BS's Flagrant Fouls (Brother Shatterstone): LeBron James, Jermaine O'Neal, Carlos Boozer, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Jamal Crawford, Chris Bosh

Good luck to all!

OTHER - AWARD FOR FUNNIEST NICKNAME SO FAR: Chief Sleep dropping the "Mister Jigglesworth" tag on Antoine Walker. I was literally laughing out loud when I read that, despite being at work.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post

Um..at least give me until tommorrow to make a pick, if that's ok?

Didn't even notice we were starting today, I'm just heading off to work now. I'll make my pick when I get home, it'll just be very early morning Thursday.

Thanks.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Not a problem, you don't have to pick now... just so long as you know you need to be doing your research so you can pick soon. ;)

--The Sigil

Black Omega

First Post
Found some free time at work, so...

With the third pick in the draft, the Tokyo Samurai proudly pick...

Andrei 'AK-47' Kirilenko!!!

[Cue polite applaud and a tall, thin russian coming out to accept his red and white jersey.]

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
With the fourth pick in the draft, the Mistwell Maulers proudly pick...

Dirk Nowitzki.

How can I pass on a guy who fills all eight categories every night?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases