Online RPG Stores - Which one is best? - ATTENTION RPGHOST

In a previous thread I mentioned how I wanted to place an order with the EN World Online RPG Store but was getting no response to my e-mails. Since I have not had a reply after 5 days I am looking elsewhere.

What is everyone's opinion on the different online RPG stores out there. In the past the only store I have used has been RPG Now to buy electronic PDF products. This time I am looking at buying a couple of Hardcovers (Paranoia XP and Feng Shui) along with the Battle Box Fantasy Set.

So far I have looked at Amazon, RPGShop.com, LeisureGames.com and FRPGames.com. Are there any other online stores out there that I should consider? Out of these 4 FRPGames is the cheapest. I have sent them an e-mail asking them about shipping costs. Hopefully I get a reply from them!

Has anyone had any experience in ordering from any of these stores? Were they good, bad, indifferent? Please keep in mind that I am in Australia so shipping costs do have a large influence on my final choice.

Olaf the Stout

Edit: Slight amendment to the thread title

Last edited:

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Out of those that you've listed I've only used Amazon and RPGShop. I prefer Amazon simply due to price. However, I tend to use www.nobleknight.com for most of my game purchases. They are a little bit more expensive than Amazon, but they are still cheaper than RPGShop. Plus, Nobleknight is a smaller dealer, so I almost feel like I'm spending my money at a local shop.

Kane

qstor

Adventurer
Kanegrundar said:
Out of those that you've listed I've only used Amazon and RPGShop. I prefer Amazon simply due to price. However, I tend to use www.nobleknight.com for most of my game purchases. They are a little bit more expensive than Amazon, but they are still cheaper than RPGShop. Plus, Nobleknight is a smaller dealer, so I almost feel like I'm spending my money at a local shop.

Kane

I've always had excellent service with Nobleknight. I've gotten prompt response to e-mails and they have a great selection particularly on out of print items and hard to find RPG stuff. But I agree Amazon might be a cheaper way to go for brand new items from large companies like Wizards.

Mike

I've ordered from FRPGames many times (7+) and have been very happy with their service. I had one order delayed about a week due to an item not being in stock, but every other order I placed has been fine. They usually answer emails within a day, and I usually send them an email asking if everything I want to order is in stock before I place an order. I highly recommend them.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
FRP Games

>>I've ordered from FRPGames many times (7+) and have been very happy with their service.

I'd like to second that. Highly recommended. Thay're my "virtual FLGS".

-DM Jeff

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Olaf the Stout said:
In a previous thread I mentioned how I wanted to place an order with the EN World Online RPG Store but was getting no response to my e-mails. Since I have not had a reply after 5 days I am looking elsewhere.
Just a quick question - which email address were you using? I'll need to chase RPGShop up to find out why they didn't respond to you.

rpghost

First Post
Well we answer EVERY email we get within the same day we get it. Usually an hour or two tops. So, that would mean that your email must be being blocked by our spam assassian. We have a form email you can use on http://www.RPGShop.com/contact.php which bypasses the spam blocker and you can contact us through that.

Anyway, our toll free number is 866-RPG-6137 feel free to call us to ask your question. We have huge amounts of stock and most orders go out in a day or two.

Sorry we missed you.
James

yangnome

First Post
I've ordered from RPGgames & FRPgames and would highly recommend either one. There was a slight SNAFU with my FRPgames order, but they were very prompt and accomodating when fixing it.

On the other end of the spectrum, whatever you do, stay away from Newwavegames.com/newwave.org.

Remove ads