D&D 3E/3.5 City of the Spider Queen 3.5 ?

diaglo

Adventurer
see if you can find our DM on the boards somewhere.. Olgar Shiverstone

or don't read the story hour in my sig... Thanee... as the last 5 or so pages includes the version where we are currently and obviously spoilers as told by the PCs.

foehammerx

First Post
Yeah use the web enhancement from Players Guide to Faerun. It has specific conversions for City of the Spiderqueen.

as mentioned Haste is intergral in many of the combats. The final enemy has Batteltide which is a 3.0 spell that provides an additional standard action like Haste. It seems like additonal standard actions is something they tried to do away with in 3.5. But the module is counting on the enemies having these action actions.

In my opinion this module was very over-powered and aimed at min-maxers anyway so I would dile down the challenged anywhere i could. So dont let the baddies get the extra standard actions.

Oh and dont use the Balor. In 3.5 hes significantly tougher.

Mystic Lemur

First Post
When someone says "No Spoilers" they probably don't want you to mention the Balor.

It really isn't terribly important to convert every little thing, like you would a 2E module. It may feel a little clunky, but most stuff can be run as-is. If he can't find a conversion for something, he can either wing it or just use it as it is written and the players probably will never notice.

I would recommend he add some of his own flavor to the module, because some parts can get repetitive (especially if you don't meet very often).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases