BUGHUNTERS MOREAU - Lab Rats Amok!

Karl Green

First Post
"Do you know why people hate rats and roaches? It's a sort of professional competition. The three toughest creatures in existence, the three species that survive even the in wreckage of a holocaust, are the cockroaches, the rats and humans. And well we Moreau are the toughest and most despised of them all!"

-Drill Sergeant Ratto 9412473 "Tail-Biter"
Moreau Rat Species
United Terra Reconnaissance and Peacekeeping Force (UTRPF)

---

March 13th, 2142, 0800 standard GMT, Gateway Station (in L-5 orbit over Earth)
Star Station C, UTRPF Zone, Level 15 "the Rookery", Briefing Room XW-2
Major Andros Owen, commander UTRPF 16th Stellar Regiment, presiding

---
Your Squad, the newly formed UTRPF Squad Beta Mk. Black, of the 16th Stellar Regiment, has been summoned to a meeting by the regiment's commanding officer, Major Owen. Your squad's commanding office (a human, Lieutenant, Junior Grade, Rudy Talavera) is accompanying you to this meeting. Wearing your basic, non-armored BDU's (battle dress uniform, or basic operation fatigues), and unarmed, as you make you way through the Rockery….

The Rockery is the barracks for all newly created Moreau, and this is where they receive their basic and MOS training (it can take 1 to 4 years depending on your specialty). You have all entered the Rockery at different times, within the last few years, but the last one has been of training together as a squad. You know each other very well, and recently you have started training with your 'human' officer, a Lt. JG, Rudy Talavera. He seems like an o.k. sort of fellow, and treats you better then some of the other human officers you have interacted with and trained under (some of who treat you no better then animals and make sure that you know it).

Inside the briefing room, a middle age human with Major rank insignia (must be Owen) is standing behind a podium waiting for you. After you all come to attention and salutes, he says "At ease soldiers. Take a seat and we will get started. Your squad has just been activated for your first mission. As you know, you were to be transferred to the Combat Barracks at the end of this week, but we have received a change of orders. We have a problem planet-side, in the city of Berlin. It is believed that a hostile xenoform has somehow escaped down into the sewers and underground service areas under the Reichstag, the capital building for the Terra Province of Greater Germany, and the European Terra Territories. Your squad has been assigned the task of seeking out and identifying this xenoform or forms, and terminating them with extreme prejudice.

"Two days ago, the bodies of two maintenance works where discovered in this subsection of the main sewage terminal, sub-station 2. Evidence from the scene, suggesting the presence of xonoform eggs from a species identified as Xeno Ovum Lucubration, called Nestlings by the miners that first ran into them on the mining outpost BD +53˚ 1320/1321.

"That is a binary star system classed M0/M0, about 20 light-years from Earth, with only two rocky ice ball planets. But one of these worlds, called Baker's Oven is rich in the element Tantalum, which is a the bases for all interstellar travel, and the operation of the Isler Jump Drive.

"Four years ago, the miners there broken into an inner cavern and discovered nearly a hundred leathery, soft-ball sized eggs. The scientists of the operation took a number of the eggs to quarantine to study them, yet somehow a number of them 'hatched' and escaped into the air-ducked system. Within less then 72 hours, more of the eggs had hatched and the creatures started eating everything they could, including most of the miners and administrative staff.

"When UTRPF troops arrived at the mine, 13 days later, responding to an emergency Interstellar Catapult Message Pod, all of the miners and staff personal were dead. The creatures, had overrun the mine and most of the tunnels. Where it not for the rarity of Tantalum, the mine might well have been abandoned, but five UTRPF Combat Squads spent two months clearing the base. To this day, these creatures occasionally pop up in the mines, and two full Combat Squads are on permanent duty there as a result.

"You will be provided a data-slate of all information collected on these creatures to date; they generally grow to no more then 1 meter tall (3ft), and weight around 10kg each (30-35 lbs). They are very fast and move in packs as large as hundred individuals. They act something like 'land-born piranhas', traveling in these packs, and can strip the flesh off of a full-grown man within seconds. Their teeth can bite through half a centimeter (a inch) of steel and they can gnaw through rock to create tunnels, and honeycomb an area very quickly. They seem to have an aversion to powerful light and have been observed getting confused for a few seconds when exposed to flashes etc. This does not last long through, so do not rely on your lamps or flash-bang grenades stopping them for any amount of time. It might give you an edge for a moment, but use caution.

"Now as I stated before, somehow, some of these creatures have made it to Terra, and we believe are breeding. Within a week, this could be a full-blown crisis, resulting in the death of untold number of civilians.

"Your squad will be transported to Berlin… covertly. Most civilians, as you might well know, are very uncomfortable with armed Moreau operating planet-side, and there are a number of laws pending that may very well outlaw all Moreau from setting down on Earth at all, which I think would be criminal. But that is a civilian government matter, and we have nothing to do with influencing any decisions that they might wish to impose.

"Dressed in full-body NBC containment suits, you will be move into the lower sewer levels to begin your mission. Once there, you should remove these suits as they are somewhat bulky, and seek out the xenoforms for terminations. We have a cover story of an Chemical spill in the lower levels and have sealed off the area and the government buildings, so there should be no civilians to worry about.

"Unfortunately there are already an additional 27 civilians that have been reported missing within the last 48 hours, and we can only assume that they are dead.

"Soldiers, report to Hanger Bay RED20, in Launch Area HUB-G3wqt. Equipment has been assigned to you for this mission. Now, as you will be going planet-side, it will be somewhat limited then would normally be expected for a military operation of this type. No heavy weapons, limited explosives. That can't be helped and you will have to rely on what you have. I expect that you will overcome these shortcomings.

"Lt. Talavera, the troop are yours. Dismissed
" to which the Major salutes the Lieutenant and leaves the room.

As you make your way to the 'subway' tunnel system that run throughout the Gateway space station, Lt. Talavera says "You will be arriving at 1715 hundred hours local time. I will be monitoring your progress via the command base set up within the containment area, per orders. Your shoulder communication rig should be able to transmit into the underground area. Sergeant James is in command. I have a slate here for each of you on approved equipment that has been issued for this mission. If you have any questions and special requests, let me know after you review these. Again, heavy weapons are going to be limited, but side-arms, RossVom model combat shotguns and Flamers are available to each of you at your requests."

[occ]Basic equipment for each character…(NOTE that the ammo you have been issues is a flechette non-Armor Piercing rounds so they do not reduce the DR of ballistic armor by 2; so that Ma-32's and the Howler machineguns can be used. The anti-armor rifle and heavy exposives are not allowed)

James5938752 “Brute" (NCO)
Medium Flak Armor [with your natural DR, it is DR 3 vs. impact attacks and DR 6 vs. ballistic attacks]
Combat Helm Array & Transponder
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for 16 STR for Brute)
Ma-32 Assault Rifle with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (with 2 extra clips), and integrated Mini-Grenade Launcher (9 flechette round ONLY)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenades (one Frag, one Concussion, Two Fireflush, two "Flash-Bang"*)
Electro-Binoculars
Data/Map Slate (uploaded with maps of all sewer and lower levels of the Reichstag)
Advanced First Aid Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total weight 65 lbs/light encumbrance)

Bigfoot2711340 "Pedia" (Radio)
Medium Flak Armor [with your natural DR, it is DR 3 vs. impact attacks and DR 6 vs. ballistic attacks]
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for a 14 STR for Pedia)
shoulder Combat Radio Rig
Ma-32 Assault Rifle with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (with 2 extra clips) and integrated Mini-Grenade Launcher (6 flechette round ONLY)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenade (two Fireflush, two "Flash-Bang"*)
Advanced First Aid Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total weight 58lbs/light encumbrance)

Jack0727198 "Professor" (medic)
Light Flak Armor [with your natural DR, it is DR 2 vs. impact attacks and DR 4 vs. ballistic attacks]
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for a 12 STR for Professor)
Ma-32 Assault Rifle with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (with 2 extra clips) and integrated Mini-Grenade Launcher (6 flechette rounds ONLY)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenades (two "Flash-Bang"*)
Advanced Medical Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total eight 43 lbs/light encumbrance)
{normally you would be issued medium armor but that would make you medium encumbered so you get lighter armor. IF you do you mind and want the heavier armor you can get that also}

Alex7054286 "Sneak" (Scout)
Light Flak Armor [with your natural DR, it is DR 2 vs. impact attacks and DR 4 vs. ballistic attacks]
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for a 20 STR for Sneak)
X-Mark "Smart" Sniper Laser Rifle with CAT and HUD electro-scope [+1 to attack rolls, 50% greater range] (with two extra power cells)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenades (one Frag, one Concussion, Two Fireflush, two "Flash-Bang"*)
Advanced First Aid Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total weight 43 lbs/light encumbrance)

Sten00000015 "Thunder" (Heavy Weapons)
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for a 21 STR for Thunder)
MK-90 "Howler" LMG with CAT sights and Tracer rounds [+1 attack rolls; +2 when using Autofire, Burst Fire, Suppression Fire, etc.] with linked ammo backpack
FM Flame Thrower
UT "Enforcer" 14mm Gyro Heavy Pistol with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (1 extra clip)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenade (one Frag, one Concussion, Two Fireflush, two "Flash-Bang"*)
Advanced First Aid Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total weight 84 lbs/light encumbrance]

Sam32456435 aka "Squeak" (Demo)
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for a 14 STR for Squeak)
Ma-32 Assault Rifle with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (with 2 extra clips) and integrated Mini-Grenade Launcher (6 flechette rounds ONLY)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenade (one Fireflush, two "Flash-Bang"*)
four Satchel charges
Advanced First Aid Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total weight 58 lbs/light encumbrance)

Gunther0000014 "Gramps" (riflemen)
Mess Harness and Field Pack (add +2 to your STR for carrying cap/total of +4 for a 16 STR for Gramps)
Ma-32 Assault Rifle with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (with 2 extra clips) and integrated Mini-Grenade Launcher (9 flechette rounds ONLY)
Combat Knife
Hand Grenade (one Frag, one Concussion, Two Fireflush, two "Flash-Bang"*)
Advanced First Aid Kit
1 day Field Ration pack
(total weight 50 lbs/light encumbrance)

There is three other 'Riflemen' in your team, a Bear Moreau by the name of Ursal8765987 "Gort", a Feline Moreau by the name of Cash7689763 "Cat's Eyes" and a Rat Moreau by the name of Grey3487231 "Quick" who is armed more or less like Gramps (although Quick does not have as many mini-grenades or hand grenades).

*Flash-Bang Hand Grenades are generally not issued to combat marines for most missions. They have the following stats [DAM: 3d6 (non-lethal) plus Blindness; Type: Non-lethal/Flash; Burst Radius: 15ft; Reflex DC 15 plus second Reflex (vs. blindness) Reflex DC 12; Range (thrown): 10ft; Size: Small; Wt: 1lbs]

Also there are 4 Motion Sensor Handheld devices available (each weighing 1lb) and up to four Fission Torches (3lbs each). You have food for one day, but if it takes longer they have set up a base camp where you can retreat too, to rest and recover…

Questions? Requests? Fire Away[/occ]

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Pleased to be toting his favorite piece of equipment, the Howler, Sten grins and says "boss, I mean, sir, how's bout one of them shotguns? Can't hurt to be over-prepared eh?"

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Lt. Talavera nods his head and says "Of course Sten, I will make sure it is added to your bundle. You will get them planet-side"

Add…
RomVoss "Wraith" Automatic Shotgun (with 1 extra clip)
total weight for Sten now is 96 lbs; still light encumbrance)

About this time the characters are arrived at the launch bay. There is a large shuttle waiting and fully fueled here; the Nebula's Light a Mercy class UTRPF light lander. This is not a combat model, must be to help with the cover story...

There are two Moreau flight crew members loading up the last of your equipment onboard. They are a female Feline and a male Primate.

ferretguy

First Post
Storing the satchel charges carefully away, Squeek states, "Well if'n wee kann get thesse critters in one place I thinksss I cann drop a roooff onn 'umm with theesse"

Karl Green

First Post
Lt. Talavera says "Well intell suggests these creatures can tunnel through rock and you may just have to 'drop some ceilings' down on these things, without damaging the upper buildings if possible. We trust your training in explosives though so use your judgement"

Last edited:

Gramcrackered

First Post
"It seems to be as though it would be extremely strange to find them all bunched up together," Jack says calmly, pushing his sunglasses further up the bridge of his malformed nose. "Furthermore, to do so would quite likely damage the foundation of the surrounding area above - which could possibly include the Reichstag. I don't suppose I need to go into how destroying the capital building would likely be a terrible blow to Moreau and Human relations. Or how we are supposed to draw as little attention to ourselves as possible."

"I'm not saying that I think using explosives is a bad idea...merely that a smaller bang may be prudent. Not that it is my call, after all."

Piece said, the bat Moreau shifts about as he tries to get comfortable with his load. Being the runt of the family had its disadvantages. Especially when that family was supposedly genetically created without any defects. After a moment he reaches into a pocket upon his chest and pulls out a small, golden-colored book which he begins to flip through idly.

Last edited:

"I never draw attention to myself, Jack. That's Squeak's job..." Alex said, a predatory grin on his face. He had finished checking his equipment, and was currently playing with the knife as they reached the shuttle. For a long moment, he eyed the other female who was loading the shuttle, but, in an almost strange motion with his head moving before his body, he turned to Talavera, "Perhaps...a handgun would be appropriate? The rifle will only do so much good within sewers..."

ferretguy

First Post
Smiling the little rat moreau pats his equipment, "Don't bee worrriin', Luitententtt sir. I won't bee droopppinnn' any moorre th'nnn I haf too"he squints "If'n the adultsss bee not gatherrredd toogetherr, mayybee therre eggss willlll beee."

Karl Green

First Post
Lt. Talavera nods at the group and says "Of course Alex, the UT "Hunter" 10mm Medium Pistol will be added to your bundle. Hmm Bigfood, not sure why that was not added, but I will make sure that it is included. Ok, any thing else people? We should get all your equipment set before we take up. We can review the slate-maps on the way down."

[occ]Alex Add...
UT "Hunter" 10mm Medium Pistol with CAT sights [+1 attack rolls] (2 extra clips)
(total weight 46 lbs/light encumbrance)

Bigfood, sorry I had included the weight for a base base, just forgot to add it to you equipment list[/occ]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases