Mordane76 - Superboy
Nuke261 - Hawk
Kid A - Dove
Elfy - Wondergirl
Keia - Starfire
Super Girl - Cat's Eyes
Gideon - Beast Boy
Dark Nemesis -Raven

NPC's - Nightwing and Red Tornado (headmasters)
Other TITAN members - Aqualad, Argent, Cyborg, Impulse, Risk, and now Terra

---

ok I know I am crazy, but I have been thinking about running ONE more PBP game for a while now... it is based on a game I run for a face-to-face game last year... it is an Ultimate version of the DC Universe; Team Titan.

So my thoughts, I ran a one-shot Ultimate Justice game, where the players made up different characters from the Justice League. They were updated/modern versions of the heroes (not necessarily as dark as the Marvel heroes from in the Ultimates).

The Justice League was formed three years ago by the U.S. government as a meta-human law-enforcement agency under the Department of Extranormal Operations. This was after a probing attack force sent to Washington D.C. by Darkseid. Then last year, Darkseid sent a giant robot, Brimstone (a burning robot some 200 feet tall and on fire) to earth to lead his main attack against the Earth and onto American soil. Other beachheads of Dog Soldiers were set up all over the Earth, lead by different minions on his behalf.

The characters had to stop Brimstone and his main force, and then breach a Force Wall (that was some hundred mile radius and reach into the upper atmosphere), to gain access to the main Boom Tube station that they had set up there. Once there they found the base protected by the Furriers and almost lost to these wild female warriors. They won through though and made it to Apokolips, hiding out when the full might of all of Darkseid's army on the other side of the Boom Tube tried to crush them. They then snuck into Darkseid's throne room (with the help of Mr. Miracle) and through guile (and a little muscle) brokered a deal to have the forces of the dark lord to leave Earth along… at least for now.

Recently then, the U.S. government has decided to form a new group to train those metahumans to young to join the JL. the Titans (or Team: Titan). Whose stated mission is…

"With the assistance of the Justice League, the D.O.E. has established a training program for potential members of the superhuman community, code named "The TITANS"

"It is the Department's hope that with proper guidance these recruits will learn the basic operations within a superhuman team and gain the skills necessary for joining the Justice League at some time in the future.

"At this time, Justice League probationary members; Nightwing and Red Tornado, will be assigned as training leaders for these members."

---

I am thinking that you will pick a Teen Titan member (of just about any time period, so long as you are a "teen" when you start) and write them up as you see fit. I will assign you a Power Level, via normal Mutants and Masterminds rules. Some of the basic team members that I would assume might be cool to play…

Aqualad, Aquagirl, Argent, Arsenal/Speedy, Beast Boy/Changeling, Captain Marvel, Cyborg, Dove, Hawk, Impulse/Kid Flash, Raven, Red Star, Risk, Robin, Starfire, Superboy, Supergirl, Terra, and Wondergirl

These are not all the ones that I would normally allow, but these are the major ones that would be allowed. I am not sure how many people I want in the game, but it would be around 8 to 10… maybe even a few more, as the game may split up all over the place as some are in training, other are out helping with a natural disaster, while a few more are out on a date or visiting their parents.

The base Power Level is going to be PL8 but some characters are going to be higher. I was thinking maybe everyone would make up their characters in secret and send them to me… BUT if people are not that worried about not all being the same level we might just post it all here. NOW Super-boy, and some of the others are going to be higher PL then the rest… but I was thinking about limiting them in some other ways.

I am thinking maybe that for most mega-meta supers, that their max Base Attack Bonus and Skill Levels should be limited as if they were PL6 or 7 level characters. The idea that the rely more on their super-powers. Then skilled characters could maybe have a max of a PL 9 or 10 even if they are only PL8. Those in-between these two extremes (like Aqualad, Argent Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Starfire) would have the max of whatever their Power Levels were.

I would want a basic 'update' of your characters background, history and base powers/skills. Your character would be between 14 and 18 years old. This will be a metahuman school and training facility, and those are the type of 'adventures' you will be having. The world would be a little darker then 'classic' DC but it will not be as bad as the Marvel Ultimate universe.

Thoughts? I will not be ready to run this for a while as I have a lot of other games going on right now BUT I do want to run it. I will be using the base rules as presented in the 2nd printing of the M&M rules book. Skills are going to be 1:1 but again I might allow skill-based characters to use the 2:1 skills.

Those you post interest, please also tell me who you are interested in playing. Yes you do have to come up with one of the DC heroes (who once was a Titan) to play BUT you can re-design and update the character as you see fit so you are given a lot of control. Just so long as it all sort of 'feels' like that character.

Last edited:

Radiant

First Post
damn, another great idea. Maybe I will have to kill you... ;)
I'd love to play in this. Currently thinking if there ain't a way but build a cool version of Robin for this.

hero4hire

Explorer
I am interested in playing.

I'd probably enjoy Speedy/Arsenal but my other choices would be Golden Eagle or Hawk (if someone elso wanted to play Dove)
From your list I would play Red Star or Kid Flash.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Kewl so would you rather keep your stat's "secret" from each other or would you rather everyone saw them? I am cool either way although I think it might be cool to have not really know excately what everyone does... everyone would know that Robin has been training by the Batman and is a skilled normal, etc.

Now hire4hire, lots of choices there :) The only one I don't know a lot about is Golden Eagle... BUT I think it would be cool if someone else would play Dove (they are some of my fav characters, behind Cyborg and Changeling ;))

Mimic

First Post
I am so in on this... would like to play either Raven, Changling or Superboy. With Raven being my first pick.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Karl Green said:
Kewl so would you rather keep your stat's "secret" from each other or would you rather everyone saw them? I am cool either way although I think it might be cool to have not really know excately what everyone does... everyone would know that Robin has been training by the Batman and is a skilled normal, etc.

Now hire4hire, lots of choices there :) The only one I don't know a lot about is Golden Eagle... BUT I think it would be cool if someone else would play Dove (they are some of my fav characters, behind Cyborg and Changeling ;))

I personally don't mind keeping the stats secret or if everyone saw them.
Either way.

If someone ends up being down for Dove sign me up for Hawk.
If not I would like to play Arsenal. Heck he's a member of the original team.

Oh..Golden Eagle http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/HERORPG/Eagle.html
http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/GoldenEagle_Bio.php
but basically he was a Hawkman wannabe surfer dude.

Karl Green

First Post
Yep Speedy was part of the original team and is part of the Outsiders now (as Arsenal)...

AH now I see who Golden Eagle is... hehe I love how every DC hero had a whole family or sidekicks and aunts and uncles ;)

OK well we can see if someone will be interested in Dove and hold onto Arsenal just in casse (or Golden Eagle)...

Remove ads