Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes

hero4hire

Explorer
BrotherGustadt said:
Torpedo

"Somebody had to do something, Ultra. I'm just glad we were there to do what we could, even if we didn't do so well. But, y'know, with the Hulk it's like that: you HAVE to go up against him because he might beat up the whole town, but you'd still rather somebody else did it because you know he'd just as soon beat YOU up, right?
"Anyway, how've things been for you guys? Ultra, you still got that thing with fire?"

Captain Ultra: "Thing, what thing? I have no idea what you're talking about. I, errr, think I see somebody..." he says shortly and rushes off.
<OOC: No sense motive to know he is lying :) >

Tagak: Tagak has been transversing the dimensional barriers, in an effort to transcend Tagak's physical limitations. Tagak's first encounter comprised of---<etc...etc...ad nausuem>" as Brock's attention swiftly shifted out of focus.

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Joe: "No we haven't met." he said smiling. "I am just a really big fan of your work. What brings you to....this?" he asked, indicating the crowd.

A fan of which work, I wonder...

"Curiosity," she says. "Perhaps something more. We'll see. How about yourself? What brings you here, Mr...?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
A fan of which work, I wonder...

"Curiosity," she says. "Perhaps something more. We'll see. How about yourself? What brings you here, Mr...?"

Joe: "Joe...just Joe." he said smiling. "Wow I cant believe Maya Lopez...Oh! Me? Well I guess I could say I was curious as well. But honestly? I need a job..and well, I recently started showing signs of some super-strength again. So I said to myself, Joe, what's a divorced, out of work actor, with super strength gonna do with his life?" he sighed deeply. "Anyways Ms. Lopez, enough about me. What happened to you? You disappeared of the map, leaving all us fans wanting more."

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Joe: "Joe...just Joe." he said smiling. "Wow I cant believe Maya Lopez...Oh! Me? Well I guess I could say I was curious as well. But honestly? I need a job..and well, I recently started showing signs of some super-strength again. So I said to myself, Joe, what's a divorced, out of work actor, with super strength gonna do with his life?" he sighed deeply. "Anyways Ms. Lopez, enough about me. What happened to you? You disappeared of the map, leaving all us fans wanting more."

"Nice to meet a fan, Joe," she says with a smile.

"As for me...well, let's just say I've been living an artist's life. You know how it is - tradgedy, heartbreak, and all that other unpleasantness."

She looks around at the assembled super-humanity, then back into Joe's eyes. "Much as I love my art, the trappings of that lifestyle are becoming a bit wearisome.

"So, you say that your super strength is returning? I guess that means you've got some history. Done the super hero gig before?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
"Nice to meet a fan, Joe," she says with a smile.

"As for me...well, let's just say I've been living an artist's life. You know how it is - tradgedy, heartbreak, and all that other unpleasantness."

She looks around at the assembled super-humanity, then back into Joe's eyes. "Much as I love my art, the trappings of that lifestyle are becoming a bit wearisome.

"So, you say that your super strength is returning? I guess that means you've got some history. Done the super hero gig before?"

Joe: "Me? Well I tried once." he laughed. "I was more successful at acting. Which meant I was an abyssmal failure at the hero-thing. I dunno...I've tried and failed at acting, boxing, professional wrestling...Being a husband....But hey! You gotta keep trying right? And I guess after my wife left and our son..." Joe pauses as if trying to bottle some emotion. "I like to help people, it's either this or maybe back to working at the daycare. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time. I can't imagine the guy who broke your heart. I'm sure the reverse was true."

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Joe: "Me? Well I tried once." he laughed. "I was more successful at acting. Which meant I was an abyssmal failure at the hero-thing. I dunno...I've tried and failed at acting, boxing, professional wrestling...Being a husband....But hey! You gotta keep trying right? And I guess after my wife left and our son..." Joe pauses as if trying to bottle some emotion. "I like to help people, it's either this or maybe back to working at the daycare. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time. I can't imagine the guy who broke your heart. I'm sure the reverse was true."

Unbidden, images of Matt flash through her mind. Get over it, dear, she tells herself. You've gotta live for the now, not the past.

"Yes, heartbreak seems to be a frequent companion," she says. "And it sounds like you've had more than your fair share of his company as well. I'm sorry to hear about your wife and son, Joe. Perhaps today will bring a positive turn. Each day is a second chance at life."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Finally! She thought to herself as someone adressed her. However, when she turned to see the Bison, her eyebrows shot up. Definitely not what she had been expecting. Briefly, she looked him over with some mild interest, before replying. "A bad guy, hmm? Well, it is very nice to meet you, Bison." He may not be a looker, but he's got muscle. I could use that...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

Paul rolled his eyes and the wrestling starting in the auditorium. 'Taking a tussle with the Femizons was not what I had planned for the day . . . at least not in that way,' Paul thought.

"Expecting any more, Jim?" Paladin asked. Paul reviewed the way down to the auditorium, just in case he had to bust some heads to get them to pay attention.

Paul grinned to himself, that was usually him that wasn't paying attention . . . 'Wait, what was Hammond saying? Paul thought, then sighed.

BrotherGustadt

First Post
Torpedo

'Ahhh, jeez...I shouldn't have brought that up. Great. Ultra's always been a good guy and a decent friend, why'd I have to go and hit him with that?' Feeling like a Grade-A jackass, Torp looks on disinterestedly at the scrum that seems to be developing, between the co-ed wrestling and the apparently impending showdown between the Dime-Store Cowboy and some dude on roller skates. 'Did he just say thunderation?'

hero4hire

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
Finally! She thought to herself as someone adressed her. However, when she turned to see the Bison, her eyebrows shot up. Definitely not what she had been expecting. Briefly, she looked him over with some mild interest, before replying. "A bad guy, hmm? Well, it is very nice to meet you, Bison." He may not be a looker, but he's got muscle. I could use that...

Bison: "Nice to meet you too...Are you here to join the team? I hope they pick me so I can get enough money for a cure! Waitaminute! You're a witch or something, can you turn me human again?"

Remove ads