Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
Joe got a far away look in his eye. At first Maya assumed it was out of sadness or some sort of memory. But Joe seemed to be focusing on something. Maya turned to see a section of the room's inhabitants about ready to explode...

"Hmmm...this looks like it could get messy," she says and begins to back away slowly from the building confrontation. There are too many people involved to concentrate on reading lips, so she will focus on body language and movement.

[ooc - Maya will try to stay out of the way of any fight, figuring that it's none of her business. She will remain alert and ready to dodge clear of anything that comes her way. Defense 23+dodge (general +1)+expertise (+5) = 29)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

Hammond said:
"Wait just a moment..."

"Wait just a moment?!? Things are about to explode down there," Paul replied, turning to look Hammond in the face. Seeing the look, Paul added, "But, hey . . . it's your call."

'Wonder if there are any bounties down there worth having?' Paul wondered as he continued to look to the action. He was about to glance at Guardsman and get his response, but figured the man would have his helmet on and he wouldn't be able to get a read on him.

xenos007

First Post
hero4hire said:
Texas Twister: "Died hunh? Ya look like the same varmit to me, got the same voice too...But you aint the only one here I see. Thare seem to be lotsa outlaws runnin' around this place. I thought this was 'Heroes for Hire'? Not some kinda supervillian convention!" Twister yells. He seems to get some nods of affirmation and some voices join him with a "Yeah" and "What the hell!" Like a wildfire the mood spreads about the room and soon half of the room is yelling and shouting at eachother. On one side established but perhaps obscure vigilantes the other "ex" supervillians turned heroes some perhaps still villians. One could not be sure.

Streak: "you really should give people the benefit of the doubt before you go jumping to any conclusions!" Streak looks around at what is happening and over the din yells to Twister, "Now look what you've gone and done!"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Demolition Man

hero4hire said:
Dennis could tell from the icy way Gladiatrix was regarding Vagabond, she was NOT happy. Hopefully she wasn't going to do anything...Even though Vagabond could take care of herself, she didn't have any powers. Gladiatrix on the other hand recieved the same strength-augmenting treatments he had.

Gladiatrix: "Don't tell me you prefer this little runt over me!?"

Vagabond: "I'm sorry I don't under---"

Gladiatrix: "Save the innocent act little girl..."

Vagabond: "I don't know what bug crawled up your backside lady BUT..."

D-Man was just about to step in when the ruckus started around them....
"Hey, wait a minute! I don't see why..." Dennis heard the commotion that was building and turned to see a large group gathering. And it did not look at all friendly.

"Great. Did I miss someone yelling, Let's get ready to rumble!"

He turned back to Vagabond and Gladiatrix. "Ladies, I really think we need to set this matter aside and worry about the bigger issue here. Like is this whole building about to turn into a free for all. Okay?" He had his mask slid off and gave them both a large, sincere smile.

BrotherGustadt

First Post
Torpedo

'What the hell...' It looked like a complete brawl was about to break out, with the Muta-Lucha on one end of the building and Texas Toast rallying up a lynchmob on the other. Through it all, Brock felt a strange sense of detachment. 'Why are they doing this? It seems so...unimportant.'

"Hey." The word was out of his mouth before he even realized he was speaking. Nobody listened. "HEY!" He shouted this time, and got some attention. "Look, if we tear this building down, who's gonna hire you? Huh? I don't know about the rest of you, but I need to get the job. Otherwise, why are we here?"

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

Paladin flipped open the intercom button and pressed the mute (so that he could hear what was going on below without them hearing him). 'Hopefully, words may yet speak louder than actions,' Paladin thought. 'Plus, I may find someone I can rely on . . . heh, yeah right . . . who're you kiddding?'

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Yours is truly a sad tale,” the Enchantress replied, hoping that there was an adequate amount of interest and sympathy in her voice. Then, upon hearing the commotion, she turns to look in the direction of the shouting. “It appears things are about to get out of hand…” She smiled faintly, the general chaos of the scene amusing her greatly. Part of her wanted to get closer to see what the story was, but she knew that it would be in her best interests to stay back and watch from afar.

hero4hire

Explorer
The commotion that got everyone's attention soon became a free-for-all. As Punches, bodies and energy blasts started getting thrown around the room.

O'Brian and Paladin looked to Hammond who still gave them a look as if to say 'Do Nothing'. He than calmly walked out onto a catwalk that hung over the room.
He cleared his throat and yelled "ENOUGH!" If one looked one could see a visible blaze of fire deep within the eyes of Hammond.
Suddenly the room became filled with tons of flame retardant foam as the Buildings fire suppresion system went off.
The whole room was drenched in the stuff. But as quickly as it came, the foam started to dissolve. It however had served Hammond's purpouse, as it quickly put a stop to the brawl that had started.
Coughs and gags were audible around the room as Hammond spoke again.
Hammond: "I have your attention? Good! I hate to be ignored. Most of you have come for a job, only a few will be hired, and surely not anyone who has displayed an unprofessional behavior. If anyone has a problem with this, you know where the door is. To those concerned with the quality of our applicants...Let ME worry about that. Everyone clear? Good! On to our next step in the application process. Each of you will be interviewed and your abilities tested. Any further disruptions will not be tolerated."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Demolition Man

"WHOA!" He was taken by surprise as the foam of the extinguishers drenched him and everyone else in the room. It quickly dissipated and he took in Jim Hammond's speech. He moved slowly back to Gladiatrix and Vagabond. "Well another few seconds and that probably would have been directed at us. What say we try and get up front so we can get a better shot of getting into this team."

He shared his most sincere smile and raised his arms out towards the two women. "Okay?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Nuke261 said:
"WHOA!" He was taken by surprise as the foam of the extinguishers drenched him and everyone else in the room. It quickly dissipated and he took in Jim Hammond's speech. He moved slowly back to Gladiatrix and Vagabond. "Well another few seconds and that probably would have been directed at us. What say we try and get up front so we can get a better shot of getting into this team."

He shared his most sincere smile and raised his arms out towards the two women. "Okay?"

[OOC Diplomacy +8 roll for D-Man 19 all together for Vagabond, 13 all together for Gladiatrix]

Vagabond's posture noticably relaxes. Gladiatrix's however does not.

Vagabond: "Sure Den..Let's go."

Gladiatrix: (mocking Vagabond) "Sure Den..I can't believe you'd rather be with this little rag-doll then a real woman....Whatever your not worth my time." With that the near 7 foot woman storms off.

Vagabond: "Listen Dennis I'm sorry if I messed thing's up with your girlfriend, I was just happy to see one of our old group...."

{r--D-Man}

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases