Heroes for Hire #1: A Gathering of Heroes

xenos007

First Post
Blue Streak skates away from Twister, ignoring whatever he was saying to him, and moves over to where the application process is beginning, thinking to himself, "I hope people can look beyond what I have done in the past, and give me a chance."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Paladin (Paul Denning)

"Do you want me to help with the interviews, or do you want to handle it?" Paul asked. Personally, he wantedto do the interviews to determine who was going to be on the team, especially if his bonus was tied to team performance. If it wasn't, then he wouldn't be as worried.

hero4hire

Explorer
Nuke261 said:
{17 diplomacy for Mr. Dunphy}

"Aww, it's fine. She just gets like that sometimes. Next time I see her it'll be like nothing happened. So what are you doing here, what have you been up to lately? It has been awhile."

Dennis continued to make small talk as they made their way through the crowd towards the front of the room. He kept his eyes open for any more trouble makers. He wasn't real worried about himself but Priscilla didn't have any powers to protect herself.

As the two made small talk Dunphy occasionally scanned the crowd but was perhaps to wrapped up hanging on Vagabond's every word to focus.

OOC: Spot roll +0, roll of natural 1!!

[Vagabond] "--and then the Slug showed up back from the dead! He has become something of my 'arch-nemesis'.." She stops to laugh for a moment. "It figures I get a arch-enemy who is fatter than the Blob."

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Maya is relieved when the situation is diffused, though she looks at the dissolving foam clinging to her clothes with a frown.

"Sure hope this stuff doesn't stain," she mutters.

She looks up at Joe. "I really hope they hurry along these interviews. Seems like there are a few in this bunch that have a little bit too much pent up energy to remain sitting around for very long."

[Joe] "You're right..I am starting to rethink this whole thing. But I guess I might as well see it through now that I am here."

hero4hire

Explorer
Dark Nemesis said:
"Excellent!" Enchantress murmurs to herself, pleased that the interviews were finally getting underway. She did not want to have to stand among this rabble any more than she had to. “Well, let us make haste!” she says to Bison, offering him a brilliant smile, before moving to sign up, or whatever it was that she had to do.

Bison it seems is totally smitten. Despite his monstrous appearence he acts typical of most males who Amora meets. The goddess is certain he will be a willing and eager lackey. He promptly follows in tow.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
xenos007 said:
Blue Streak skates away from Twister, ignoring whatever he was saying to him, and moves over to where the application process is beginning, thinking to himself, "I hope people can look beyond what I have done in the past, and give me a chance."

[Twister] "Ah'll be watchin yew Blue Streak!"

hero4hire

Explorer
Keia said:
"Do you want me to help with the interviews, or do you want to handle it?" Paul asked. Personally, he wantedto do the interviews to determine who was going to be on the team, especially if his bonus was tied to team performance. If it wasn't, then he wouldn't be as worried.

[Hammond] "You may of course sit in.." he then turns to the crowd. "If you all form two lines at the double doors to your right we may get this started."

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
The next several hours involve a multitude of questioning and testing. Some fairly simple and quick, some arduous and painfully boring. You all were eventually split up from those you have spoken to earlier. You all have also seen many get eliminated for one reason or the other. Some of you wonder if your friends have been eliminated as well.

Now late in the afternoon you are gathered in the large warehouse sized room again. This time there are only a handful of you. On the catwalk above flanked by Paladin and Security Chief O'Brien, Hammond stands and begins to speak.
[Hammond] "Congratulations on making it this far. You all have displayed unique puissance, perserverance, patience, and power to make it to the semi-finals of the interview process. Now you must pass this final test. Call it a Trial By Fire if you will. You see, a team has applied to me as a whole unit. What they lack in power they make up for with experience in teamwork and a sheer enthusiasm. I present to you your opponents. May the best team win!" he gestures and a wall opens up revealing 5 costumed figures. At point is a lanky man in a garish red and blue outfit. He has a half mask and a mop of sandy hair on his head. On his chest a stylized 'I' can be made out. Behind him is perhaps the fattest woman any of you have ever seen. Enchantress is impressed that her girth even rivals the mighty Volstagg. Next to her, if Reed Richards had a brother its this guy. He even is stretching like him. Slightly above them hovering several feet above the ground is a man in a full jet-black bodysuit with almost seems to absorb the light around it. His eyes are slightly similiar to Spiderman in shape and size. Finally flapping next to him is an obviously inhuman female. She looks as if a Pteradactyl has taken humaniod form. The man in front steps forward, one hand on hip the other pointing to the eclectic group of applicants.

"That's right! If you wan't the job you gotta go through us...
The SuperTemps!!! "

hero4hire

Explorer
Initiative results

OOC: Here is the Initiative order. I am not going to tell you what the SuperTemps got until its obvious. No one is going to start the combat flatfooted however. Sorry Keia, Paladin isnt in the fight but it didnt make sense from a role-playing point of view. Feel free to heckle or intervene if things go that way.

Blue Streak 12+9=21
Torpedo 13+8=21
D-Man 4+6=10
Echo 1+8=9
Enchantress 3+2=5

xenos007

First Post
Blue Streak, sensing that the man in the air may be the biggest threat, goes full speed and leaps up at the manin black, will kick him with a move by attack.

OOC: How are we handling the rolling again?

Remove ads