Crunch rules!!!!!!

alsih2o

First Post
Crunch rules.

Crunch is what brings us together. Crunch is what we agree on.

Without crunch we are broken back down to “I shot you!” “Uh-Uh, you missed!”

Cowboys and Indians was a lot of fun but crunch is what elevates it to an activity we can pursue in all its various forms. Crunch is what makes sure the story keeps moving. Even if you have to stop and look IT up, IT is there.

Crunch is what allows the difference between elves and dwarves to be something other than who needs the taller barstool. The numbers and lists that make our characters and our nemesis-of-the-day playable are THE core. Otherwise we are just a bunch of people making up stories together and arguing about whether or not Krunk can actually jump 30 feet.

All games have crunch: noone attacks diagonally with a Rook, noone gets kinged in the middle row in checkers. And crunch is the SKIP button that saves us all. Crunch is why you can start with a 10fighter/14sorcerer/3cleric and that is a good thing.

Crunch is the difference between talking about cool cars and drag racing magnetic sleds on high tension lines in the dark.

Crunch is what binds us. It is the Magna Carta of gaming, our own policeman in a world of ne’er do well decision making.

We all talk about what is happening but until the dice come out it isn’t a game.

Crunch rules. Who could deny it?

alsih2o

First Post
shilsen said:
I hate to break it to you, but there's some idiot posting on these boards and just going on about fluff and ignoring crunch......

What a spaz. Don't you just hate those one sided idiots?

alsih2o said:
Crunch is what we agree on.
Not really. ;)
alsih2o said:
Crunch is what allows the difference between elves and dwarves to be something other than who needs the taller barstool.
I would hope that the crunch isn't the only difference.
alsih2o said:
Crunch is why you can start with a 10fighter/14sorcerer/3cleric and that is a good thing.
What's good about that character? ;)
alsih2o said:
Crunch rules. Who could deny it?
I don't know about rules. I doubt anyone can deny that some crunch is pretty necessary, though.

diaglo

Adventurer
there is nothing like knowing your +1 Greatsword of Orcbane is the proper tool to use against orcs. but still useful against other enemies.

breaking out 2d6 and powerattacking for even more damage plus cleaving thru one foe and into the next.

rules were meant to be broken. otherwise why would someone draw those lines in the sand. they are a challenge. a gauntlet thrown. step over here... i dare you...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Crunch and fluff are like Frosted Mini-Wheats. If you only have the frosting it is sickly sweet and has nothing to it and you'll be hungry again in ten minutes. If you only have the wheat it is tasteless and boring and you'll be sick of it after ten bites. But together you get a cereal that tastes good, and is part of a balanced breakfast!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases