[FULL] 3.5 Adventure Path - Dungeon Magazine

Sebastian O

First Post
I'm going to run a 3.5 campaign based on the Adventure Path series from Dungeon magazine, "Shackled City". The first adventure is "Life's Bazaar" from issue #97. I need five players, starting with 1st level characters. It's okay if you've played in this campaign before, so long as you can role-play otherwise.

Who's interested?

Last edited:

jpwic

First Post
Sign me up:) I have never read the adventures so thats a plus:) Where do we send our characters so you can choose which ones you want?

Thanks,

John

EDIT

How do you want chargen done points buy or standard 4d6? Oh, and I would love to play as a druid:)

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
I'd like to join. I haven't read or played any of the adventures either. As for what I'd like to play, I have half a dozen concepts floating around, so I figure I'll wait and see what other people want to play and fill whatever role is needed in the group, if that's okay.

Mimic

First Post
I have been dying to play this, I even have a character that I made for this same adventure but the DM left after 5 posts...

Here it is, let me know what you think

Aleria Corlean

Neutral Good Sorcerer Level 1
Ability Scores: Str 8, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16.
HD 1d4; hp 5;
Init +3; Spd 30 ft;
Armor Class 13, touch 13, flat-footed 10;
BAB +0; Grapple -1;
Attacks: -1 melee (1d4 -1, crit 20/X2, Dagger), +3 ranged (1d6-1 crit 20/x3, shortbow),
-1 melee (1d6 -1, crit 20/X2, quarterstaff);
Special Qualities: Low-light Vision, +2 to saves vs enchantment,
immune to sleep effects, +2 to listen, search and spot,
automatic search
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2;
Languages spoken: Common, Elven, Draconic
Skills and Feats:

Appraise +1
Balance +3
Bluff +4 (+1 ranks)
Climb -1
concentration +3 (+2 ranks)
diplomacy +3
disguse +3
escape artist +3
forgery +1
gather information +3
hide +3
intimidate +3
jump -1
knowledge (arcane) +5 (+4 ranks)
listen +2 (+2 for being an Gray elf)
move silent +3
ride +3
Search +2 (+2 for being an Gray elf)
Spell craft +4 (+3 ranks)
Spot +2 (+2 for being an Gray elf)
Swim +0 (+2 skill - cross class)
use rope +3

Weapon Proficiency (Elf, Simple)
Scribe Spell

Possessions:

dagger (1 lb) 2gp
Short Bow (2 lb) 30 gp
20 arrows (3 lb) 1 gp
Quarter Staff (4 lb) 0gp
Waterskin (4 lb) 1gp
Explorer's outfit (0 lb) 0
Whetstone (1 lb) 2 cp
2 Trail rations (2 lb) 1 gp
Flint and steel (0 lb) 1 gp
Bedroll (5 lb) 1sp
pouch (.5 lb) 1 gp
Spell component pouch (2 lb) 5gp

weight: 24.5 lbs
money remaining 32 gold 8 silver 8 copper

Deity: Boccob
Eye Color: Right: Silver/Grey Left: Green.
Hair Color: Blond.
Height: 4'10"
Weight: 116 lbs.
Sex: Female

Spells
—— 0-Level Spells (Cantrips) ——
Acid Splash
Daze
Light
Ray of Frost
—— 1st-Level Spells ——
Color Spray
Mage Armor

Appearance: Short even for elven standards, Aleria stands at 4'10". Her blonde hair is done into a single braid that reaches the small of her back, undone it would probably reach the back of her knees. She is proud of her hair and goes to great lengths to keep it neat and clean. People would consider her attractive and she knows it but tries not to use it to her advantage (mostly).
Distintive features Her left eye is green while her right is a greyish silver.
She has a birthmark/tattoo of a dragon, it starts at the corner of her right eye and travels down her neck onto her back.

Background: Aleria was abandoned when she was just a baby, her parents left her in a small elven village deep withing Jagged Pine forest and was adopted by an elven couple that had no children. Her childhood was normal and she grew up with the other children of the village without ever knowing that she was adopted.

All that changed as she came into puberty, the color in her right eye started to faded away and the dragon birthmark slowly appeared as well as strange occurrences started to manifest in various parts of the village. The normally xenophobic elves grew even more paraniod and with tension running high Aleria's parents had no other option but to tell her the truth about her past.

She was devistated, the people that raised her weren't her actual parents, so who were they? Why did they abandon her? That and hundreds of other questions ran through her mind. Her adopted parents belived that she was the cause of the strange occurrences and they hoped that if they expained it the others would come to accept her abilities.

They were wrong, with a someone to pin their problems on the rest of the village flew into a near frenzy, demanding that she should be exiled. There was some even demanding her death, she barely had time to grab what little belongings she owned and to flee into the forest.

Alone and scared she ran for hours eventually collapsing at the base of a large tree truely alone for the first time she cried until she had no more tears, she desprately wished that she had someone with her, so she wasn't so alone.

Eventually she fell into a deep slumber only to be awoken hours later by a gentle nudging, she opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was a strange human face looking down at her. Once the man calmed her down, he explained that he heard her crying and came looking for her, he told her that what was happening was a normal thing and that in fact she was a sorcerer, someone who could tap into the raw power of magic without the need of countless hours of study.

Kip, as he liked to be called invited her to his home, he explained that he too was a sorcerer and that he has been living in the forest for years and he would like to help her control her powers. With no where else to go she agreed. True to his word he helped her, months went by as he taught her how to control her abilities, as well as telling her about the outside world. Teaching not to be too trustfull of strangers, not everyone will have her best interests at heart. Once she had enough confidence she went out in search of her birth parents. Having no idea where to start she just wandered eventually coming to the city of cauldron.

Last edited:

Sebastian O

First Post
jpwic said:
Heheh, I'm starting to work on a halfling druid:) Druids are my favorite class:)

John

Just a quick fyi...

This campaign will be largely set in city and dungeon environs, so a druid might not get a whole lot of opportunity to shine (at least a druid in the traditional vein). Still, it's your call.

Sebastian O

First Post
jpwic said:
Sign me up:) I have never read the adventures so thats a plus:) Where do we send our characters so you can choose which ones you want?

Character ideas and drafts for character sheets can be posted to this thread for now.

jpwic said:
How do you want chargen done points buy or standard 4d6? Oh, and I would love to play as a druid:)

We'll do a point buy....28 to be exact.

You're in, jpwic!

Last edited:

Sebastian O

First Post
shilsen said:
I'd like to join. I haven't read or played any of the adventures either. As for what I'd like to play, I have half a dozen concepts floating around, so I figure I'll wait and see what other people want to play and fill whatever role is needed in the group, if that's okay.

Sounds great. Welcome, shilsen!

Remove ads