[Koboldquest] Prologue: Tunnel patrol duty

Krug

Newshound
"Hmm.. and what evidence do you have of these beasts?" says the Seargant, squinting.

Behind you, the kobolds of Hatching #130 are returning. "Oooh look at all the tough koboldsssie!" says Llargus, their Sorceror leader. "So how was lizard dropping duty today?" His eyes flare as he speaks. The other five members of the group chortle at the joke, including the Dweibold Spuk-Garsh, who carries a large waraxe.

You have had run-ins with Hatching #130 before, another one of the more successful (eg: having at least 1/5th of the hatching survive to adulthood) hatchings, a rivalry that's been encouraged in the lair.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Do you want to see the guts? We have plenty of them. Or do we have to go get the carcasses for you?" Nar says, holding out Lok-Nar's flail, covered in centipede guts. A leg still stuck on it gives a nervous twitch.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Bah! We squashed centipedes and crawly green things today. And we all survived. How was your cave-cleaning duties?" Lok says with a grin, while Nar snickers.

The Baron

First Post
"Yes, what is your victory for the day? Attack a mushroom patch?" says Kadan through a toothy grin.

"Exactly how long did it take you to find out that they don't fight back?"

Diirk

First Post
How troublesome, thought Miki. All this incessant braying.. I think I'm getting a headache. Why does it always turn out like this?

"Silence!" growled Miki. "I have not the patience for the yapping of small children or the delays of incompetent underlings. We have solved the problem of the missing miners and deserve a reward for our efforts. I'm sure the Queen will agree."

Krug

Newshound
"No... mushroom patch was yesterday and cave-cleaning was last week!" says Spuk-Garsh. "Today was fungi harvesting!" Llargus rolls his eyes at this.

"All right, enough of ya whining," interrupts the Sergeant. "There's enough kobolds dying without us killing each other off. I'll send a report to the Queen. She might reward you, or she might not."

The members of Hatching #130 walk by, sneering and scowling. "Probably picked that centipede leg from somewhere," says Glorx, the rogue of the group. They walk by you, and Kadan avoids the spit of Llargus. Target growls at the departing kobolds.

Diirk

First Post
I wish I hadn't wasted my curse on that poor centipede, thought Miki. I can think of a much better use right now, but I'm too fatigued for a 2nd one... ah well, another day.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases