Gary Gygax Q&A: part VII - Page 26

Father of the Game
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Col_Pladoh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdvn1
    Just one glass? I'm also one for trying a huge amount of cuisines, though.
    Indeed, and I forgot to mention Ethopian cuisine, one of my favorites but difficult to find. The best restaurant serving it that i have come across is the Blue Nile in Washington DC.

Really, I've been reading this thread for a long time, but not being an OD&D player, I never knew what to ask. The things I did want to know have been asked and you've been vague about (I'm really interested in Mordenkainen, what a legend!). So I just decided to ask you the first thing that came to mind.
    What about OAD&D?

I don't think anyone can thank a creative mind enough, but we can try to honor them by furthering their creativity. Thanks anyway.
    Heh, well, as long as the creativity is put to useful ends, right!

Thanks for your good words,
    Gary

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Napftor
    Hello again, Gary. These threads just keep getting more interesting.

While we're on topic of the D&D cartoon (which I love and watch an episode of every Sat. morning to this day), which script was your favorite and why? Same questions for which writer (I'm partial to Michael Reaves but Jeffrey Scott was prolific and maintained some good quality as well).
    Bret Boyd, TOP Owlbear-in-Chief

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Gygax MagazineI Defended The Walls!

Ignore TerraDave
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Pladoh
    Indeed, and I forgot to mention Ethopian cuisine, one of my favorites but difficult to find. The best restaurant serving it that i have come across is the Blue Nile in Washington DC.

Gary
    We do have quite a few Ethiopian and Eritrean restraunts here...I noticed Thai and Vietnamese where not on your list, perhaps something to add?

Ohh, and there is quite a difference between the leg of the lamb and the kidney of the lamb...but a glass of Bordeux is always tres bien , to bad it is so expensive here in the states

In any case, as always this has been a great Q&A, thanks for this and so much more Gary!
    A semi-brief History of D&D and some other RPGs: Part 1: 1967-1979 Part 2: 1980-1989
    All the official stuff for 4e
    Bonus:

4E has rituals, use them, they're magic;
    Want to see the greatest thing you will ever see? then click;
    You can use Earth as a D&D setting;
    Origins of The Rouse; (look for it)
    The Rouse responds; (look for it)
    One can appreciate both old and new D&D.

placement of yggsburgh

since it is a non-wog product, you wont give 'official' guidance on where to place yggsburgh. but, unofficially, if your fans pleaded for some potential locations for yggsburgh on the WOG map, where might "some miles south (of greyhawk)" be?

presumably north of hardby. possibly on the western edge of the marshes between greyhawk and hardby (since the yggsburgh map seems to have swampy lake on it), about halfway between those two larger cities? Then, simply move 'zagyg's castle in the setting to this location rather than its official WOG setting just to the north of the city and then I can use your new material and not have to obsolesce my WOG collection?

Thanks

Spoken (virtually) as one who doesn't find roast leg of mutton a delicate dish, and spurns a breaded veal kidney chop
    I have to admit I find lam only OK. As for the veal kidney, well I liek veal but not kidney!

How about flaming plum pudding or a trifle for desert after the double Gloster, Chesshire and Stilton cheese course?

Heh,
    Gary
    Now these I can get on board with!

Gray Mouser

Hey Gary,

Thanks for taking a chance and pioneering a great game and publishing such great personal iconics and locations, ie WoG, my preferred setting.

Also if you are ever on the west coast there are some fine Ethiopian restaurants in the Berkley area and all around the Bay area in general.

Be Well.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore loki44
    Gary

Hey, if you're ever down in Atlanta gimme a holler and I'll hook you up with some fine Ethiopian grub....and just about any other cuisine you mentioned plus some, though I may be hard pressed to find Hungarian.

You seem to be a big fan of kidneys, what other sweetmeats do you enjoy? I'm a tripe man myself. Nothing better than a steaming bowl of menudo or pho on a cold rainy day.
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.

- Plato

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore alleynbard
    The best restaurant serving it that i have come across is the Blue Nile in Washington DC.
    There is a restaurant here in Columbus, OH named the Blue Nile and it is pretty tasty Ethiopian. If you ever get into town for Origins or some such thing then I highly recommend it.

Speaking of cons, I understand your health prevents a great deal of activity but are there any cons you might be able to make in this coming year?

Most of the questions I would have asked have been answered. I eagerly await the arrival of Castle Zagyg and I want to express my thanks as well. I discovered D&D and AD&D when I was 8. It turned a frustrated and bored child into an imaginative individual. It taught me a great many things and gave me a place to express thoughts that had no previous outlet. The whole while my mother was leery, she believed much of the hideous propganda of the 80's, but I know I would never have become the socially adept individual I am today if I had not been introduced to the game. I lanquished in school out of sheer boredom but through skills that I learned while playing D&D I became more focused. Today I am a writer as well as a Public Relations manager for an educational theatre company in Columbus, OH. I now have an opportunity to help kids like myself become greater than they first appear. And I account my early exposure to such a satisfying hobby as one of the foundations this is built upon.

Ack... I ramble. Just wanted to say thanks for all that you have done.

What about OAD&D?
    What ABOUT OAD&D? I've never even heard of it until this moment. o.O
    "No! Bad Illithid! No genocide! Bad! Bad! Put down the nuclear fire or no cookie!"

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore alleynbard
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabstercorian
    What ABOUT OAD&D? I've never even heard of it until this moment. o.O
    Its commonly known as 1st ed. But some of us grognards like to call it OAD&D because, essentially, all other editions pale in comparison.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast