(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
The battle concludes

Just to keep things moving, Fant's round 4 action will be to attack. She misses.

The construct continues attacking Fant, hitting twice and doing a total of 19 points of damage. Fant staggers from the blow! (ooc: I believe Fant was previously unwounded, so this will bring her to 0 hp exactly. She is still concious, but strenuous activity on her part might change that...)

Gorefoot lands the decisive blow, doing 15 points of damage and dispatching the enemy.

** End of Combat **

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Examining the room

The battle over, the part has time to examine the room. The panell persephone noticed earlier may be related to the energy barrier which currently prevents the party from moving on any further. It is composed of glowing red squares, glowing white squares, and matte black squares laid out in the following pattern:

Code:
WBRR
BRWW
WRWR
BBRR
WWRW

Where the red squares and white squares meet, lights dance along the borders.

Zweischneid

First Post
'A feast for the wolves..' the elf notes with a deep sigh of relief as he un-nocks his last arrow and returns it to the ornamented quiver on his back. '..in a figurative sense anyways.'

Stalking over carefully (incase the brute isn't quite that dead yet), Morulas crouches down next to the wreckage and the wounded, his keen blue-and-silver eyes studying the scene carefully.

'The fates are kind on us today. Rodimus still breathes despite the mortal blow!'*

Carefully tracing a curve on the 'dead' constructs armor, Morulas quietly notes.
'I may be mistaken, since I have but recently arrived in the land of men. But this Wizards need for privacy and security is bordering on the desperate. Whatever it is that turned on him and lit the night with magic fire may be more dangerous than anyone may have believed.'

Looking up at the others with a frown, he wonders
'Has anyone ever heard of this Rilithorne before? Is he a man well known? A man respected in this town?'

--------------------------------------​

*((Heal + 2 incase you need a skill, but I guess that's a given, or not?))

[edit]
Uh.. a riddle eh?
The illuminated lines would look roughly like this?

Code:
W[COLOR=SlateGray]B[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]RR[/COLOR]    [COLOR=Yellow]  ___[/COLOR]   
[COLOR=SlateGray]B[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]WW   [COLOR=Yellow]  |  _[/COLOR]
W[COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]W[COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]| |_|[/COLOR]
[COLOR=SlateGray]BB[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]RR[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]     _[/COLOR]
WW[COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]W   [COLOR=Yellow]  | |[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Zweischneid (Morulas) said:
'Has anyone ever heard of this Rilithorne before? Is he a man well known? A man respected in this town?'

General knowledge, from hanging out in the inn: Rilithorne is a mage of some minor standing in the city. He sells potions, scrolls, and minor wonderous items for a living. Nothing terribly exceptional. If anything, it's surprising he's managed defenses on this level. He is a human of about 45 years.

Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) DC 12:
This building is more than 80 years old.

Patlin

Explorer
Zweischneid (Morulas) said:
'The fates are kind on us today. Rodimus still breathes despite the mortal blow!'*

Indeed, Rodimus is alive and stable.

Uh.. a riddle eh?
The illuminated lines would look roughly like this?

Code:
W[COLOR=SlateGray]B[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]RR[/COLOR]    [COLOR=Yellow]  ___[/COLOR]   
[COLOR=SlateGray]B[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]WW   [COLOR=Yellow]  |  _[/COLOR]
W[COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]W[COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]| |_|[/COLOR]
[COLOR=SlateGray]BB[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]RR[/COLOR]   [COLOR=Yellow]     _[/COLOR]
WW[COLOR=Red]R[/COLOR]W   [COLOR=Yellow]  | |[/COLOR]

Not so much lines as sparks. The red and white squares seem to react to one another by putting out some sort of energy.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars says, "This, ah, building is older than Rilthorne. I'd say 80 years old at least. Perhaps he, ah, had a paranoid father?"

Nars will take a good look at the wall and the panel and then sit down in one of the chairs to think it over. Are the red, white, and black sqares tiles, or do they look movable?

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
OOC: Attempting knowledge check: [dice]

OOC: Can anyone give me a link to an explanation of this bracketed "dice" command thing? I'd like to do less of the dice rolling in my next game, but I want to understand how to use it first.

(As SlagMortar has made the DC, he can read the information inside the spoiler tags.) Edit: He knew that. :)

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(
The dice are accessed this way:
(dice=x)y(/dice), replace the () by [], x by the number of dice (up to 3), and y by the number of sides a die has. Only one result per post is saved.
So (dice=1)20(/dice) rolls one twendy-sided die.
[dice]
Note that you can only roll the dice themselves, not add any modifiers.
)

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Ooc:

Alright, lets try that one out ;)

((Knowledge (Architecture) +2))
[dice]

[edit]
which, as we just found out I cannot use untrained ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases