Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil(Full)

It has been 15 years since the destruction of the Temple of Elemental Evil. In that time, the small Village of Hommlet has grown in peace, seeing little trouble beyond bandits and bar fights. However, this silence has caught your interest, as the area has such a strong history. To be so silent after everything that once occurred there has peaked your interest. No adventurers even travel there anymore...which means no competition. This is, of course, a wonderful thing for an adventurer, and has drawn you to the village.

-DarkMaster
-Ferrix
-jpwic
-Thomas Hobbes

Alternates:
-Tonguez
-yangnome
-Wystan

Before I post character creation rules, important things to note: You need to be able to post at least once a day(though not posting on weekends can be expected a lot of the time...). I plan for this game to move fairly quickly, and if your character goes silent for too long, I'll NPC you out of the loop and one of the alternates will jump in. If you can't post for life reasons, etc, PLEASE try to let me know. Makes things easier. :)

Alrighty...now. Character creation.
-3.5 Rules
-All PCs will start at 4th level.
-For stats, you may choose to use a 32 point buy, OR I will roll 4d6/drop lowest.
-For HP, I will roll it. Yes, its common place to just take the average, or a flat number, but we've got dice for a reason. :)
-PCs get the usual started gold for 4th level(5,400gp)
-No alignment restrictions, but lets try to avoid inner party conflict
-Detailed background is not required, but at least have something(The game is set in Greyhawk, but don't worry about details with the world and such if you don't know them. Only real restriction I'll place is that none of the PCs are from Hommlet or the area close by. Therefore, no firsthand knowledge of the Temple from years before. Also, your character probably has more than just the stated reason for traveling to Hommlet, but that's up to you.)
-The PCs should all know one another, and have probably adventured with each other in the past, coming to Hommlet as a group.
-Other books ARE availiable for use, however, ANYTHING non-Core should be passed by me first. Here is the list of books I have access to(and will allow you guys to use): Expanded Psionics Handbook, Complete Warrior, Complete Divine, Draconomicon, Miniatures Handbook, Book of Exalted Deeds, Book of Vile Darkness(...maybe), Arms and Equipment Guide, Uneathed Arcana(Bloodlines, Racial Paragon Classes, Class Variants). [NOTE: I may allow some FR feats/PrCs/splls. But these most DEFINITELY need to be asked about. Deity specific things are pretty much out, but the more generic ones are most likely no problem]

Hmmm...did I miss anything? Don't think so...tell me if I have! Now, get those characters made. :)

Last edited:

jpwic

First Post
There characters done, just have to be approved.

Code:
Name: Tanya Greenfingers  Player Name: jpwic
Race: Human  Class: Druid 
Alignment: Neutral Good     Level: 4

Age: 19 years  Height: 5'   Weight: 101 lbs  Sex: Female   Hair: Raven Black 
Eyes: Green Skin: Dusky

STR 11 +0    		BAB: 3
DEX 10 +0   		HP:   
CON 14 +2   		AC: 14 
WIS 18 +4    		Will: 8 (4 base, +4 wis bonus)
INT 14 +2    		Refl: 1 (1 base)
CHA 10 +0    		Fort: 6 (4 base, +2 con bonus)

Initiative +0    Speed  30

Total Carried Weight: On Self  
Spells memorized: 5 0 Level, 4 1st, 3 2nd (+1 1st and 2nd from wisdom)

Money: 91 GP

Skill                 Ranks       Stat   Bonus    Total

Concentration           7          2                9
Spellcraft              4          2                6
Handle Animal           7          0                7
Listen                  5          4                9
Ride                    4          2       2        6 
Move Silently           7          0       0        7
Knowledge (Nature)      7          4       4        15
Survival                7          4       2        13(15 aboveground natural only)     

Languages

Common     Sylvan     Druidic
Elven

*Special bonuses

Feats:

Augment Summoning
Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Eschew Materials

Abilities

- Wolf Animal Companion
- Nature Sense  (+2 knowledge (nature), Survival checks)
- Wild Empathy
- Woodland Stride
- Trackless Step
- Resist Natures Lure

Weapons		Damage	    Critical  Bonuses  Notes

Schimtar          1d6       18-20X2            15 GP

Equipment:

Ring Of Sustenance              (2500 GP)
Bracers of Armor +1             (1000 GP)
Leather Armor (+3 AC)             (15 GP)
Wand of Summon Monster 1         (750 GP)
Wand of Cure Light Wounds        (750 GP)
Scroll Case   (.5 lbs)             (1 GP)
  4 scrolls Magic Fang           (100 GP)
  4 scrolls Produce Flame        (100 GP)

Backpack                           (2 GP)
   5  Torches                      (5 CP)

Light Horse                       (75 GP)
   Bit & Bridle                    (2 GP)
   Saddle, Riding                 (10 GP)
   Saddle Bags                     (4 GP)
      Five Days Feed             (2.5 SP)
                               ------------
                               5309 GP 3 SP  

Spells Memorized

Orison
--------

Detect Magic
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Light
Light

1st Level
----------

Entangle
Entangle
Longstrider
Faerie Fire

2nd Level
----------

Flaming Sphere
Flaming Sphere
Barkskin

Tanya met the rest of her group when they were hunting some orcs near the grove she was being trained at. After dispatching the orcs she decided that it was time for her to learn more about the outside world so she left with the group. Travelling around doing odd jobs, they eventually found themselves in Hommlet after their previous employer bailed out on them.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
I'm also in entirely too many games. I would like to play this one. I'll start working up a PC, but don't sweat if I don't make the cut. Thanks.

Still nothing from a good amount of people that voted...but I'm still giving them time. In a day or so(depending on how I feel), this will get moving one way or another...

Zweischneid

First Post
**huff** . . . **huff** . . ChecK!!!

I'm here ;)

Nice to give people who voted the taps.. to be honest though, I just voted for the heck of it and am quite busy with other games right now..

Therefore I'd like to yield my place to some other person if possible.

Either way, thanks alot for the invitation.

Last edited:

Alrighty...that's two that are pulling out(unless I beg, of course! I can be persuasive if I have to be), and two making characters. I'll most likely give this the rest of the day and then open it up to others.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases