Strange Lands brings Scarred Lands line to a close

Krug

Newshound
http://www.white-wolf.com/index.php?line=news&articleid=85

"The rumor mill has been grinding away, but this time it has been pretty close to the mark: Strange Lands: Lost Tribes of the Scarred Lands (on sale 11/29) is the final product in Sword & Sorcery Studios’ Scarred Lands setting. The highly competitive and highly fragmented d20 marketplace leaves us little choice but to do this, but we don’t act without a heavy heart. Scarn has been a very good world to us and to its fans. Thankfully, Strange Lands gives the setting the kind of send-off it deserves: a meaty book full of settings rife for adventure, magics and wonders waiting to be found, and a cavalcade of deadly monsters to slay."

NOOO!

I just read the link and I will miss the materials much. :(

When my games needed a shot in the arm their supplements helped me
out alot!

AND. . . . . when every monster in the MM was memorized by my players the Critter Supplements made my players shake with fear!!!!! :D

MrFilthyIke

First Post
A shame, I've really enjoyed SL and view it as "integral" to d20, as it was one of the first 3rd party sourcebooks out on the market. :(

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Considering the number of supplements already available for the Scarred Lands, I'm really not too upset. There's enough good SL stuff out there for a lifetime of gaming.

I give WW credit for making the last supplement a primer on lands not yet covered. That's a great finale.

Last edited:

Scribble

First Post
I give WW credit for making the last supplement a primer on lands not yet covered. That's a great finale.

Yeah at least that gives us a little bit of closure, I mean if they hadn't it would be like if I were to

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I am saddened because it was a great campaign setting. On the other hand, I am glad that just about every product was top notch and now it can retire with dignity and grace, giving GMs the tools they need without bogging them down and getting fat and ugly and silly (like Elvis or Forgotten Realms).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases