Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters(1 Spot Still Open!! See Post #140)

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Ankh-Morpork Guard

Rebel Alliance: Freedom Fighters(1 Spot Still Open!! See Post #140)

You are part of the Rebel Alliance formed against the Galactic Empire. It has been only a few months since the Death Star was destroyed at Yavin, and in that short time the amount of Imperial activity in hunting down the Alliance has increased greatly. However, at the same time, this has improved conditions for the Alliance, as many worlds have overthrown their oppressive masters and joined the cause for galactic freedom.

Your group is a relatively small operation within the Roche Asteroid field on the Perlemian Trade Route in the center of the Mid Rim of the Galaxy. There are few planets anywhere near, but the asteroid field provides a perfect hiding place for the base(built into a series of asteroids), and being in such close proximity to a large trade route, allows easy travel to furthering the cause.

This will be a game set during the Rebellion Era(if you haven't figured that out by now, SHOO! ). I'll run this game for a max of 5 players. Requirements for this game are:

-Must be able to post at least once a day(ignoring weekends)
    -Must have at least the Core Rulebook(Non-Revised is okay, as I can help to update your character, and other info)
    -Must NOT look at Spoiler tags directed at other PCs. Gots to trust you on t his one
    -Must NOT look in the Imperial game. Another one I have to trust you on. If you do that, it'll just ruin your fun, trust me. (If you would RATHER play in an Imperial game, read NO FARTHER and wait until that thread is up)
    -Must...um...want to play?

With those in mind, we have two people with reserved spots in this game(since they voted for it) if they want them. Player List so far:

-Thanee
    -Turanil
    -Karl Green
    -Ferrix
    -Vendetta

Character Creation:
    Some of this is going to be a little bit different, so try to stick with me.
    -Characters may start at either level 1, 2, or 3. Level 1 Characters will be built with a 32 Point Buy, level 2 with a 28 Point Buy, and level 3 with a 25 Point Buy.
    -Vitality will be ROLLED by me
    -We will be using the Faction Sympathy rules from the Heroe's Guide(if you don't have it, don't worry. I'll explain it for you) This means that you will start as a member of the Rebel Faction.
    -Beyond the Core book, you may use material from: Ultimate Alien Anthology, Starships of the Galaxy, Hero's Guide, Coruscant and the Core Worlds, Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, and Arms and Equipment Guide. Really, anything from the d20 books is going to be allowed, but you MUST clear anything non-Core with me first. Just in case.
    -No Jedi. Force Sensitive is alright, but there won't be the opportunity for Jedi in this game.
    -Everyone will be given a rank(based upon Division, detailed below, and level/background), though it is up to all of you to decide which among the group is to be the 'leader'. Since the Alliance is much more informal of a military organization, the leader isn't going to have a huge amount of power to pull over the others.
    -Division: This game will use a bit of a unique system(somewhat similar to d20 Modern's Occupations) that details your training(or lack there of) within the Alliance. You must choose one of these Divisions, and it will provide you with requisitioned equipment, a bonus to Sympathy, and possibly to a skill or other ability. The Divisions are pretty simple...

Rebel Recruit:
    In the desperate and chaotic times after Yavin, many flocked to the Alliance and there was little time to train them. These members simply lended a hand where their already developed skills leaned towards. Most Recruits eventually moved into other Divisions.
    Standard Equipment: Personal Belongings, blaster pistol
    Starting Sympathy: +1
    Other: +2 to Craft(electronics OR starship systems) and Repair checks, OR +3 to any one Class Skill, OR Weapon Group Proficiency Feat

Alliance Army:
    A member of the ground forces of the Alliance. Members of the Army are not as specially trained as SpecForce Operatives, but instead focus on general combat. Many are also trained as combat medics.
    Standard Equipment: Combat Jumpsuit, Blaster Rifle, concussion grenade x4, medpac
    Starting Sympathy: +2
    Other: +2 bonus on Pilot(vehicles only) and Computer Use(dealing with vehicle systems) checks, OR +2 bouns Spot and Listen checks, OR Surgery Feat

Starfighter Command:
    You are a pilot in the Alliance starfighter command. Most pilots have had previous experience either piloting airspeeders on backwater planets, or are defectors from the ranks of the Imperial Academy.
    Standard Equipment: Starfighter(X-Wing or Y-Wing), R-Unit Droid, flight suit, blaster pistol
    Starting Sympathy: +2
    Other: +2 bonus on Pilot(starfighters only) and Astrogate checks OR +2 bonus on Repair and Computer Use(when dealing with starships systems)

SpyNet Operative:
    A member of or a liason with the Bothan(and other) Spy Networks. Intelligence gathering is vital for the Alliance, though many find that members of this Division have just as high(if not higher) morality rate as those in Starfighter Command.
    Standard Equipment: Holorecorder, Hold Out Blaster Pistol, Vibrodagger
    Starting Sympathy: +3
    Other: +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks, OR +2 bonus on Disguise and Forgery checks, OR gain one Contact(as Crime Lord PrC)

Alliance SpecForce:
    The Commandos and special forces units of the Alliance are highly trained in covert operations. SpecForce members usually have much more experience and a more realistic view of the galaxy than other Divisions of the Alliance, which younger people can join and fight in immediatly with little training.
    Standard Equipment: Leather Jerkin, stun grenade x2, blaster rifle(or sporting blaster rifle)
    Starting Sympathy: +3
    Other: +2 bonus on Demolitions and Disable Device checks, OR +2 bonus to Hide, Move Silently, and Listen

Alliance High Command:
    The leaders of the Alliance come from many places. Many were former members of the Republic before its fall, but younger members have risen through the ranks to take up vital positions in command.
    Standard Equipment: Hold Out Blaster Pistol, Datapad, Holoprojector
    Starting Sympathy: +4
    Other: +2 bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive Checks, OR +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate, OR Favor +1(as Noble[stacks])

Don't think I've missed anything...but one last note. Here is a galactic map:
    http://www.nav-computer.com/images/galaxymap.jpg
    You can find the Roche Asteroids in the center of the Perlemian Trade Route(near the center right of the map...yes its big)
    Last edited by Ankh-Morpork Guard; Wednesday, 27th April, 2005 at 11:10 PM.

Oh, me, me, please

I would like to try a Wookie Scout if no one else is going for that (rebel recruit)
    Last edited by Karl Green; Thursday, 28th October, 2004 at 06:00 AM.
    "life is pain princess, anyone telling your different is selling something"

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Green
    Oh, me, me, please

I would like to try a Wookie Scout if no one else is going for that (rebel recruit)
    Sounds good! Always nice to have a Wookie around(you know...to take shots since he's such a nice target)

hehehe OF course

no wait that should be...

"Gruuuuwww...Grrrroow gru"

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    I'm interested in a human soldier1/tech1 with the Alliance Army background. Basically, a Rebel soldier trained to be of use both in combat and out (demolitions, astrogate, pilot, treat injury, repair, computer use, disable device). Sort of a commando.

I won't be able to get a character up until Monday, though. Hope that's not a problem.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ignore Thanee
    Checking in...

As for character class, I'd like Scoundrel or Scout. Level 2, I guess.

Race and background could be either a Clawdite SpyNet or SpecForce, or a Human Starfighter pilot.

Bye
    Thanee

In our world, immortality is not for the living. The legend lives on!
    In Memoriam Dave Arneson ( April 7th, 2009) & Gary Gygax ( March 4th, 2008).

Wondering what the Dungeon Tiles are like? Take a look here.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Ferrix
    I'd be up for this, perhaps a hotshot fighter pilot type.
    Lindy hopper, popper, dancer, philosopher, gamer, fledgling capoeirista, so on... so forth

Quote Originally Posted by Wrahn
    You sir, have a talent for finding loopholes.
    The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.
    -Eco

When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    - J. Krishnamurti

http://www.enworld.org/ennies/images...ini_banner.gif

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Turanil
    Okay, I am here as a rebel!!!

Now for class I want a third level character. I don't know what yet. For race I could be a Duros called Trual'nuan (so my avatar looks appropriate, and name not too far fetched), or if it isn't possible a simple human. I propose Alliance High Command background. Class: Noble.

If you are okay with: Trual'nuan, a Duros, 3rd level Noble, with High Command background, I will create my PC and post it on this thread (or is there another thread for posting stat-blocks?). Note: I only own the Revised Core Rulebook.

BTW: it will be the first time I can play Star-Wars d20. I have had the books since the first d20 edition were printed, but never had the opportunity of actual play.
    Get Fantastic Heroes & Witchery for free on: http://www.dcrouzet.net/heroes-witchery/

Room for one more?

I'd love to jump in on a Starwars Game. I only have the revised Core Rulebook and some assorted pre-revision books though.

I can post daily in the evenings (occasionally during the day).

I'm thinking some sort of Hapan (scoundrel... fringer?).

EDIT: I should also note that this will be my first Starwars D20 game. I too have the books but never had a group (moved to Costa Rica, long story, not enough Spanish).LL
    Last edited by Lobo Lurker; Thursday, 28th October, 2004 at 02:26 PM.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by garyh
    I'm interested in a human soldier1/tech1 with the Alliance Army background. Basically, a Rebel soldier trained to be of use both in combat and out (demolitions, astrogate, pilot, treat injury, repair, computer use, disable device). Sort of a commando.

I won't be able to get a character up until Monday, though. Hope that's not a problem.
    No problem at all. However, if you are thinking more of a 'commano' type, SpecForce may be better for that. But that's up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Thanee
    Checking in...

As for character class, I'd like Scoundrel or Scout. Level 2, I guess.

Race and background could be either a Clawdite SpyNet or SpecForce, or a Human Starfighter pilot.
    Clawdite is okay, so I've got no problem if you want to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrix
    I'd be up for this, perhaps a hotshot fighter pilot type.
    And that's 5. Just make sure with the pilot that you can still operate in other enviroments.

Quote Originally Posted by Turanil
    Okay, I am here as a rebel!!!

Now for class I want a third level character. I don't know what yet. For race I could be a Duros called Trual'nuan (so my avatar looks appropriate, and name not too far fetched), or if it isn't possible a simple human. I propose Alliance High Command background. Class: Noble.

If you are okay with: Trual'nuan, a Duros, 3rd level Noble, with High Command background, I will create my PC and post it on this thread (or is there another thread for posting stat-blocks?). Note: I only own the Revised Core Rulebook.

BTW: it will be the first time I can play Star-Wars d20. I have had the books since the first d20 edition were printed, but never had the opportunity of actual play.
    Good, good, and good. Post the stats in this thread for approval, and I'll make a RG for posting them a little later. Glad to see a Duros, actually(one of my favorite races...and, funnily enough, just as common as Humans in the galaxy).

Ahhh, first time. Hopefully it will be good enough to make you want to play it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Lurker
    I'd love to jump in on a Starwars Game. I only have the revised Core Rulebook and some assorted pre-revision books though.

I can post daily in the evenings (occasionally during the day).

I'm thinking some sort of Hapan (scoundrel... fringer?).

EDIT: I should also note that this will be my first Starwars D20 game. I too have the books but never had a group (moved to Costa Rica, long story, not enough Spanish).LL
    Well, this game has hit full now...so I can put you down as an alternate just in case. However, as mentioned before, there will be an Imperial game starting up(thread either today or tommorrow), so you may be able to jump into that(no actual reserved spaces there)
    Last edited by Ankh-Morpork Guard; Thursday, 28th October, 2004 at 06:08 PM.

Full up

DARN! Oh well, can't win them all I guess.

I'll hold on for the Imperials game then. Count me in for hunting down some left-wing terrorists (ie, rebel scum).

Any idea when you'll start that one up?

LL

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Ferrix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankh-Morpork Guard
    And that's 5. Just make sure with the pilot that you can still operate in other enviroments.
    No problem, he's probably gonna be the hotshot pilot who totes a blaster like a caffeine twitch.
    Lindy hopper, popper, dancer, philosopher, gamer, fledgling capoeirista, so on... so forth

Quote Originally Posted by Wrahn
    You sir, have a talent for finding loopholes.
    The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.
    -Eco

When one loses the deep intimate relationship with nature, then temples, mosques and churches become important.
    - J. Krishnamurti

http://www.enworld.org/ennies/images...ini_banner.gif

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Turanil

Here is my character!

Race: Duros
    Class: Noble, 3rd level
    Background: Alliance High Command (Starting Sympathy: +4, and +2 bonus on Bluff and Sense Motive Checks)
    Abilities: Str 12 (2), Dex 11 (+2), Con 12 (2), Int 14 (+2), Wis 10, Cha 14. (it uses 25 pts; parenthesis is racial adjustment)

TRUAL'NUIN
    Noble 3rd level; Star-Wars d20 (Revised Rulebook)

Trual'Nuin was a bureaucrat working in the branch of diplomacy and inter-species cohabitation. He was appalled at the treatment of minorities in the Empire, and thus decided to help people who were oppressed just because of their race. After helping many individuals acquire papers and whatnot illegally, Trual'Nuin was arrested. He was onboard of an imperial starship brought to some distant planetary prison when he was freed by rebels. The latter were here to liberate one of theirs, when it happened that one of these rebels was someone Trual'Nuin had helped in the past, and recognized him. This is how Trual'Nuin joined the rebellion.

Trual'Nuin: Duros, Noble 3rd-lvl.
    Combat: AC= 14 (touch 14, flat-footed 13); Hit-points: ??; Initiative: +1; Speed: 30 ft.; BAB +2, Grap +2; Atk: melee: +2 (1d4, 20, knife), ranged: +3 (3d4, 20, 4 m, blaster hold-out) or (3d8, 20, 8 m, blaster heavy).
    Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3.
    Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 13 (+1), Con 10 (+0), Int 16 (+3), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 14 (+2).
    Racial Traits: Duros: bonus feat: Spacer.
    Skills: Astrogate +6, Bluff +8, Computer use +6, Diplomacy +6, Knowledge (Bureaucracy, Politics, Streetwise, World Lore) +8, Listen +5, Pilot +4, Sense motive +8, Speak / Read & Write (Basic, Durese, Shyriiwook), and Spot +5.
    Feats and Powers: Bonus class skill (Bluff), Favor +4, Inspire confidence, Resource access. Blaster pistols, Simple weapons, Alertness, Influence, and Spacer.
    Equipment: Sturdy clothing, Hold Out Blaster Pistol, Heavy Blaster Pistol, Comlink, Datapad, Holoprojector, Credit chip (with 400 credits), Macrobinoculars.
    Note: Reputation: +3; Sympathy +4.

I have two questions:

1) I got the equipment provided by the Rebel Alliance, but do I also get starting money that I could spend on additional stuff?

2) In terms of game mechanics, a Duros is poorly gifted: compared to a human who gets a bonus feat (freely chosen) and 6 bonus skill points (at 3rd level), as a duros I do get Spacer feat which is useless for my character's concept, and nothing else. So my question is: would you houserule something for me? Like giving the same racial abilities as a human or an elf for example That would be cool, thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: I keep the character as is. Updated the PC (above). Now will post again with appropriate character sheet.
    Last edited by Turanil; Thursday, 28th October, 2004 at 10:20 PM.
    Get Fantastic Heroes & Witchery for free on: http://www.dcrouzet.net/heroes-witchery/

Novice (Lvl 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Turanil
    I have two questions:

1) I got the equipment provided by the Rebel Alliance, but do I also get starting money that I could spend on additional stuff?
    Yep. That was all depending on your level, really. 3rd level, you start with an additional 2,000cr. Note that this is lower than the standard(by one level). This is done for two reasons: You're given free equipment(some of it expensive), and you're part of the Alliance, which doesn't really give you access to a huge amount of funds.

2) In terms of game mechanics, a Duros is poorly gifted: compared to a human who gets a bonus feat (freely chosen) and 6 bonus skill points (at 3rd level), as a duros I do get Spacer feat which is useless for my character's concept, and nothing else. So my question is: would you houserule something for me? Like giving the same racial abilities as a human or an elf for example That would be cool, thanks.
    If Duros are given the same racial abilities as a Human...then why would they be Duros? Not going to change things, especially since there are so very many races in Star Wars. Duros may be a little sub-optimum for the concept of a Noble, but Space fits their species very very well, and looking at your character. I don't see anything sub-opitimal about it Feel free to change your race if you want to.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Oh, and one more thing...could you guys please use this form for your character?

It makes it a hundred times easier when I go over characters and such.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ankh-Morpork Guard; Thursday, 28th October, 2004 at 11:04 PM.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Ignore Thanee
    Ok. So, since Ferrix is making a pilot, I'll go with the Clawdite.

Clawdite Scoundrel [SpyNet Operative]

Will post character sheet at some point during the weekend.

Bye
    Thanee
    Last edited by Thanee; Friday, 29th October, 2004 at 08:05 PM.

In our world, immortality is not for the living. The legend lives on!
    In Memoriam Dave Arneson ( April 7th, 2009) & Gary Gygax ( March 4th, 2008).

Wondering what the Dungeon Tiles are like? Take a look here.

Gorwooken the Wookie Scout

Code:
    Name: Gorwooken (Gorken)
    Class: Scout
    Race: Wookiee
    Size: Medium

Str: 18 (+4)  Level: 2	      XP: 1,000
    Dex: 12 (+1)  BAB: +1          WP: 14
    Con: 14 (+2)  Grapple: +5     VP: ? (2d8+4)
    Int: 10 (+0)   Speed: 10m     Current VP/WP: ?/14
    Wis: 10 (+0)  Init: +1           Force Points: 1
    Cha: 8  (-1)   ACP: -0          Reputation: +0

Defense: (base 10 class +2 dex+1 size+0 base +0 misc+0) Total: 13
    Touch: 13         Flatfooted: 12
    Armor DR: n/a

(Base +Mod +Misc) +Total
    Fort: (2 +3 +0) +5
    Ref:  (2 +1 +0) +3
    Will:  (2 +0 +0) +2

Weapon (Attack bonus; Damage; Critical)
    Bowcaster (attack bonus +2; damage 3d10; crit 19-20)
    Ryyk Blade (attack bonus +1; damage 3d4+4; crit 20)
    Unarmed (attak bonus +5; damage 1d3+4; crit n/a)

Languages: 
    Speak: Shyriiwook (understands Basic)
    Read/Write: Shyriiwook and Basic

Faction Sympathies: +1 
    Rebel Recruit

Abilities: 
    +2 Species bonus to Climb
    +4 species bonus to Intimidate 
    Wookie Rage (+4 STR, +2 vitality points per level, +2 rage bonus to Fortitude and Will, but -2 to DEF)
    Extraordinary Recuperation: regain vitally and wounds back twice as fast
    Trailblazing 

Feats: 
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bowcaster)
    Starship Operations (space transport)
    Track
    Weapon Group Proficiency (simple weapons)
    Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols)
    Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster rifles)

Skill Points: 30       Max Ranks: 5/2.5
    Skills (Ranks +Mod +Misc) +Total
    Astrogation (2 +0 +0) +2
    Climb (2 +4 +2) +8
    Computer Use (1 +0 +0) +1
    Hide (2 +1 +0) +3
    Intimidation (0 -1 +4) +3
    Jump (1 +4 +0) +5
    Listen  (2 +0 +0) +2
    Move Silent (4 +1 +0) +5
    Pilot (2 +1 +0) +3
    Repair (5 +0 +0) +5
    Search (2 +0 +0) +2
    Spot (2 +0 +0) +2
    Survival (5 +0 +0) +5

Equipment:               Cost  Weight
    XXXX                     XXcr   XXkg

Total Weight: XXkg      Money: XXcr

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
    Max Weight:               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

Height: 6'7"
    Weight: 289lb
    Eyes: Black
    Hair: Dark Brown (almost black)
    Skin: hairy

Appearance: a fairly typically sized wookie, with thick, very dark brown, almost black, fur covering his body. Of course wearing no cloths, he wears a bandolier of power bolts for his bowcaster, and a wookie-fighting knife.  

Background: Gorwooken (Gorken to his friends) grew up on the jungle world of Kashyyk, a hunter and scout as his father and father's father before him. Life was good, until two years ago when he was captured by Trandoshan slavers. Sold to the Empire, he was forced to work on a mining moon out on the Outer Rim. He hates the Empire and his option of Trandoshan is not much better. About six months ago he and most of the other slaves where rescued by Rebel forces that had raider the mining base for materials and ore. He became a recruit within the Rebellion and is quit happy to strike against the Empire in any way that he can.
    Last edited by Karl Green; Friday, 29th October, 2004 at 09:31 PM.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Overall, looks good.
    Specifics:

-Swapping that WGP for EWP(bowcaster) is fine.
    -2nd level Scout would have 1,500gp
    -Instead of 'fighting blade' go with either a vibroblade or a Ryyk Blade. Ryyk blades are big Wookie machetes, essentially. 3d4 damage, 20 crit. Thing is, vibroblades requires a WGP proficiency, and Ryyk blades require EWP

OK I will take the Ryyk Blade, and just be un-proficient for a level or so

Novice (Lvl 1)

I'll get you a picture of them later today/tommorrow to give you some visual idea...

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast