Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order(Full)

The Death Star was destroyed by the Rebels just months earlier at the former Rebel Base on Yavin. You are the one of the Empire's finest. Part of the Elite Krayt Dragons, your group is a special unit with one task: Finding and eliminating any Rebel cell. Your unit is small, and diverse. It is attached to a small Imperial Task Force, the 5th Fleet. The flagship of this fleet is the Dominator, a new Imperial-II Star Destroyer. The 5th Fleet operates within the large area of space along the Perlemian Trade Route and the Hydian Way, both hot spots for recent Rebel activity.

This will be a game set during the Rebellion Era(if you haven't figured that out by now, SHOO! ). I'll run this game for a max of 5 players. Requirements for this game are:

-Must be able to post at least once a day(ignoring weekends)
-Must have at least the Core Rulebook(Non-Revised is okay, as I can help to update your character, and other info)
-Must NOT look at Spoiler tags directed at other PCs. Gots to trust you on t his one
-Must NOT look in the Rebel Alliance game. Another one I have to trust you on. If you do that, it'll just ruin your fun, trust me.
-Must...um...want to play?

There are five open slots for this game at this point. Player List so far:

-The Other Librarian(Human Force Adept/Noble[Intelligence])
-DralonXitz
-yangnome
-Lobo Lurker
-Veritas

Character Creation:
Some of this is going to be a little bit different, so try to stick with me.
-Characters may start at either level 1, 2, or 3. Level 1 Characters will be built with a 32 Point Buy, level 2 with a 28 Point Buy, and level 3 with a 25 Point Buy.
-Vitality will be ROLLED by me
-We will be using the Faction Sympathy rules from the Heroe's Guide(if you don't have it, don't worry. I'll explain it for you) This means that you will start as a member of the Galactic Empire.
-Beyond the Core book, you may use material from: Ultimate Alien Anthology, Starships of the Galaxy, Hero's Guide, Coruscant and the Core Worlds, Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, Arms and Equipment Guide, and the Dark Side Sourcebook(this must be cleared with me above any of the other books). Really, anything from the d20 books is going to be allowed, but you MUST clear anything non-Core with me first. Just in case.
-No Sith. Force Sensitive is alright, but there won't be the opportunity for Sith in this game, as Darth Vader and the Emperor fill this roll. However, there are other forms of Dark Siders within the Empire(info on those are in the Dark Side Sourcebook)
-All PCs will be Human unless you otherwise noted in their Division.
-Everyone will be given a rank(based upon Division, detailed below, and level/background), though it is up to all of you to decide which among the group is to be the 'leader'. Because your group draws from many different sections of the Empire, the leader does not have as much authority as with a more 'normal' unit.
-Division: This game will use a bit of a unique system(somewhat similar to d20 Modern's Occupations) that details your training(or lack there of) within the Alliance. You must choose one of these Divisions, and it will provide you with requisitioned equipment, a bonus to Sympathy, and possibly to a skill or other ability. The Divisions are pretty simple...

Non-Human Imperial:
Some members of the Empire support the New Orders anti-Alien ideals even though they themselves are not Human. These are usually the cruelest scum of the galaxy only out to make a name for themselves or earn some money. The Empire doesn't trust them, but will utilize their skills if it serves the New Order.
Standard Equipment: Personal Belongings, blaster pistol
Starting Sympathy: +1
Other: +3 bonus to any one Class Skills, OR +2 bonus on Knowledge(New Order) and Intimidate checks

Stormtrooper:
You wear the white armor that distinguishes you as one of the many stormtroopers. Advancement is unlikely in this position, and though you are highly trained and could one day achieve a position as a stormtrooper officer, it is unlikely that you will ever wear the olive green Imperial Officer's uniform.
Standard Equipment: Blaster rifle, frag grenade x4, Stormtrooper Armor, Utility Belt
Starting Sympathy: +1
Other: Stormtrooper Immunities(listed in RCR), +2 to Search and Spot checks OR Weapon Focus(blaster rifle)

Imperial Army:
A member of the elite ground troops of the Empire. While stormtroopers fill the niche of actual ground troops, members of the Army are vehicle pilots and outrank stormtroopers(as most everyone does) by a considerable amount.
Standard Equipment: Combat Jumpsuit, Blaster Rifle, concussion grenade x4, medpac
Starting Sympathy: +2
Other: +2 bonus on Pilot(vehicles only) and Computer Use(dealing with vehicle systems) checks, OR +2 bonus on Intimidate and Repair checks, OR Weapon Focus(vehicle weapons)

Starfighter Command:
You are a pilot in the Imperial starfighter command. Trained at the prestigious Imperial Academy, members of Starfighter Command are experts with in the cockpit of a TIE Fighter. However, they are also trained in other, newer ships, and many times are used as test pilots.
Standard Equipment: Starfighter(TIE/ln OR TIE Interceptor), flight suit, blaster pistol
Starting Sympathy: +2
Other: +2 bonus on Pilot(starfighters only) and Computer Use(deal with starship systems) checks, OR Zero-G Combat Feat

Imperial Intelligence:
A member of the very dangerous and effective Intelligence arm of the Empire. They are ruthless, cunning, and usually far too good at their jobs. However, many Officers worry about members of Intelligence, as they are sometimes used for the Emperor to decide how to dispatch of a no longer useful Officer.
Standard Equipment: Hold Out Blaster Pistol, Vibrodagger, Holorecorder
Starting Sympathy: +3
Other: +2 bonus on Intimidate and Gather Information checks, OR +2 bonus on Disguise and Forgery checks, OR gain one Contact(as Crime Lord PrC)

Imperial Navy:
A seperate Division from Starfighter Command, members of the Imperial Navy are the commanders and shipmen aboard the starships that patrol the galaxy. Many are from long lines of families with Naval experience dating back to the former Republic. They think of themselves as the best and brightest among the Empire, and it shows in their attitude towards others.
Standard Equipment: Hold Out Blaster Pistol, Stun Grenade x2,
Starting Sympathy: +3
Other: +2 bonus on Pilot(space transports and capital ships) and Computer Use(dealing with ship systems) check, OR +2 bonus on Knowledge(New Order) and Diplomacy checks, OR Favor +1(as Noble ability[stacks])

ISB Agent:
A member of the Imperial Security Bureau, they are a strong rival to Imperial Intelligence. Performing many of the same duties, but experts on the New Order and spreading of propganda. Many members of the ISB truly believe in what they spread, and have one of the strongest hatreds for the Rebellion within the Empire.
Standard Equipment: Sporting Blaster Pistol, Holorecorder, datapad
Starting Sympathy: +4
Other: +2 bonus on Knowledge(New Order), AND +2 bonus on Gather Information and Disable Device checks, OR +2 bonus to Hide, Move Silently, and Listen

http://www.nav-computer.com/images/galaxymap.jpg
That is a map of the Galaxy. Look to the right/center section of the map and you can see the two long trade routes(Hydian Way and Perlemian Trade Route) where the 5th Fleet Operates.

Last edited:

Sign me up for this! Rebel scum have gotten away with far too much lately. Pencil me in as a human Imperial Intelligence, 3rd level. :]

(with a view to becoming an Imperial Inquisitor prc, if that sits ok with you)

Last edited:

OK, Here's my first pass.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Joric Tyrcus
[B]Class:[/B] Force Adept 1, Noble 2
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Level:[/B] 3        [B]XP:[/B] 3,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 10 +0      [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]WP:[/B] 10
[B]Con:[/B] 10 +0      [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]VP:[/B] 1d8+2d6
[B]Int:[/B] 15 +2      [B]Speed:[/B] 10m      [B]Current VP/WP:[/B] XX/XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 14 +2      [B]Init:[/B] +0        [B]Force Points:[/B] 3
[B]Cha:[/B] 13 +1      [B]ACP:[/B]0         [B]Reputation:[/B] +1

[B]Base  Class Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Defense:[/B]            10    +4    +0    +0    +0    +0    14
[B]Touch:[/B] 14             [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14
[B]Armor DR:[/B] -

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                     +1    +0          +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                      +3    +0          +3
[B]Will:[/B]                     +5    +2 (+2)    +9

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Holdout Blaster             +1     3d4       20
Vibrodagger                 +1     2d4+0     20

[B]Languages:[/B]
[i]Speak:[/i]
Basic, Sith
[i]Read/Write:[/i]
Basic, Sith
[B]Faction Sympathies:[/B] Galactic Empire +3

[B]Abilities:[/B] Force Training (Sense), Bonus Class Skill (Intimidate), Favor +1, Inspire Confidence.

[B]Background:[/B] Imperial Intelligence; +2 to Intimidate and Gather Info.

[B]Feats:[/B] WPG (Primitive), WPG (Simple), WPG (Blaster Pistols), Track, Sharp Eyed, Iron Will.
[COLOR=Red][B]Force Feats:[/B] Force Sensitive, Sense. 
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
[B]Skill Points:[/B] 54       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Appraise 		4 +2  		+6
Computer Use		4 +2 		+6
Gather Knowledge	0 +1 +2 	+3 
Intimidate 	 	4 +1 +2 	+7
Knowledge (Sith Lore)   4 +2         	+6     
Knowledge (History)	2 +2 		+4
Knowledge 		2 +2		+4
(Bureaucracy)
Listen			4 +2	     	+6
Sense Motive		4 +2 +2		+8
Spot			4 +2 +2   	+8
[COLOR=Red][B]Force Skills[/B]
Drain Knowledge	        4 +2	        +6
Far Seeing 		4 +2         	+6     
Fear			4 +2          	+6
See Force		4 +2         	+6
Telepathy 		4 +2          	+6
[/COLOR]

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Holorecorder            3,000cr   1kg

[B]Total Weight:[/B] 2.5kg      [B]Money:[/B] 2000cr

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               16.5   33    50         250

[B]Age:[/B] 36
[B]Height:[/B] 5'10"
[B]Weight:[/B] 165lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Gray
[B]Hair:[/B] Light Grey
[B]Skin:[/B] Caucasian

[B]Appearance:[/B]

Tyrcos has a rangy physique, and aquiline features which are more intense than handsome.  His hair is combed back,  and is now turning from blond to grey.  His dress is immaculate, and he maintains a cool patrician facade.

[B]Background:[/B]

Joric Tyrcus is the only son of a middle class family on Coruscant, and although you would not realize it now, was groomed by his parents to inherit the family used speeder business.  
From an early age, however, he was possessed by a sense of destiny above his station, which he felt he could best achieve through service to the Galactic Empire.  
He applied for a position in the Naval Academy, but his exceptional test scores flagged him for training in Imperial Intelligence.  
Moreover, his testing revealed a potentially troubling aspect to his character: an affinity for the development of force skills.  

Such talent must be carefully molded, and such was the case with Tyrcus.  
His training has forged him into a steely instrument of the Empire, and is already building a reputation as a devoted and relentless foe of the Rebellion.  
The rumormongers whisper that even the Emperor himself has taken notice of Tyrcus’ abilities, and that he is on the fast track to become one of the Imperial Inquisitors, should he survive the stringent tests put in front of him.

In public, Tyrcus has removed al trace of his middle-class origins, and now presents a patrician façade.  
He values order and efficiency over all else, and would rather be feared than loved.

Last edited:

DralonXitz

First Post
Count me in for sure. 3 Year Star Wars d20 Veteran here, GMed all those years, will be a great chance to play in an Imperial Campaign finally, I run them constantly.

Starting credits is a little lower than standard(mostly because of the worth of some of the assigned equipment). For 3rd level, you've got another 2000cr.

Couple quick things for Joric:
-Did you add in the -2 to Class Defense for multiclassing?
-If you could put your selected background(and the bonuses you've chosen from it) that'd be a big help :)
-Please try to seperate Force Skills from Non-Force Skills(same with Force and Non-Force Feats)[sorry these two weren't on the form]
-Important Note: You are not actually proficient with either the blaster or the vibrodagger. Now, you don't HAVE to take the assigned equipment. If you don't want to alter Feats around, I can think about possible replacement equipment(though, considering your weapon proficiencies, it wouldn't be worth as much)
-And that's all I've got to say except for general formatting! Looks good! We will be using the revised versions of the PrCs and info from any non-Revised books. Upated PrCs, and other info can be found here: http://swrpgnetwork.com/files/faq/

And we're now at two! :)

yangnome

First Post
Count me in as well. I'm thinking about an ISB agent. If that will be too much conflict with the intel character, i wouldn't mind going intel either. I'll have to think about character level during character creation.

yangnome said:
Count me in as well. I'm thinking about an ISB agent. If that will be too much conflict with the intel character, i wouldn't mind going intel either. I'll have to think about character level during character creation.
The conflict could be good conflict though. In a way, think of the ISB as a more militant Intelligence spreading division rather than intelligence gathering. Actually, they're disturbingly similar to the Nazi SS...

yangnome

First Post
I'm fine with a littel conflict, some GMs don't like it though. I was picturing the ISB as being similar to that, which is part of the reason I chose that affiliation.

I likely won't have a character up until sometime this weekend. I still owe Isida a character for her game and I have 5 cthulhu characters I need to pregen for my halloween game tomorrow night. If I tried to cram that into my work tonight, I'd likely neglect the character concept a bit, somethign i don't like doing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases